• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Ash is going to Mega Evolve his Charizard. They brought it back to Oak for only one reason.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
All I know is Ash isn't exactly in-need of a Mega if his three(2 undertrained ones)Pokemon can beat two gym Pokemon + a Mega Lucario because of plot reasons. I do want to see Clemont and Iris with Megas though, assuming Iris appears in XY. Not to mention Mairin with a Mega Sceptile/Grass-type to fit her whole plant motif would be pretty cool. Mega Kangaskhan would be nice for her too. Given loser trio have the Kanto starters they need for Mega Evolution, I somewhat expect Trevor to debut Mega Charizard Y, Shauna M-Venusaur and Tierno to have a Bara Blastoise.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

The rival trio aren't interested in Mega Evolution in the games so I doubt they will get Mega Evolutions. I honestly can't even picture Shauna using a Mega item.

I'm positive Ash will get his Mega Ring after defeating Korrina but he doesn't have to use Mega Pokemon until the plot calls for it, i.e. Sycamore's research, Team Flare, or a Mega Trainer like Ayaka and Louis. I do, however, expect Ash to use a Mega to test out the Mega Ring when he gets it.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I will try to describe what Mega Stone I can see with Ash and the ones that I don't see Ash with them.

X/Y
Mega Venusaur: i don't expect it.
Mega Charizard X: Yes, because it was very very popular. Even though Alain has already a Mega Stone.
Mega charizard Y: Yes, because it has yet to debut and Ash's charizard is one fo the most uitable pokemon to Mega Evolve
Mega Blastoise: I don't expect it.
Mega Alakazam: Not expecting it because requires a trade
Mega Gengar: Very unlikely because of trade, although it's apparently popular.
Mega Kangaskhan. Fortunately it isn't appear to be very popular. And thanks because I don't want to see it in Ash's hands.
Mega Pinsir: Very unlikely.
Mega Gyarados. I don't see it because Lysandre.
mega Aerodactyl: I don't see it because it's obtained from a fossil.
Mega Mewtwo X/Y: NO.
Mega Ampharos: Yes, but it's not the most likely option.
Mega Scizor: Yes, it's relatively popular enough that I see in Ash'ps team. But not the most likely option.
Mega Heracross: Ash can return heracross but it isn't the likiest option .
Mega Houndoom: Relatively unlikely, but not impossible.
Mega yranitar: I don't see Ash with that thing.
Mega Gardevoir: I don't see itbecause Diantha. However, is apparently very popular.
Mega Mawile: One of the most likely options for Ash.
Mega Aggron. It's possile, ut it's not he most likely.
Mega Medicham: Yes, but not the most likely.
Mega Manectric: It's possible but I think the possibilities are going to be very low.
mega Banette: I doubt it.
Mega Absol: My 1st option with difference it's not shared by ayone but Ayaka (and i think that Ayaka wasn't meant to appear again, because of other thing it was voiced by Miyu Sawai). It's apparently one of the most popular Mega Evolutions.
Mega Garchomp: It's one of the most popular megas but I don't see it because I think that Cynthia will return with this Mega.
Mega Lucario it's one fo the most popular but I don't see it because Korrina.
Mega Abomasnow: I don't see ash with it.

OR/AS Megas:
Sceptile: Yes, of course.
Blaziken: I don't see it because Limone.
Swampert: I don't see it.
Sableye: Possible but not likely.
Metagross: I don't see it. because Steven has one that is likely to be showcashed in the anime.
Lati@s: No.
Diancie: NO.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Ash using Mega Charizard, Sceptile, and Heracross at least once seems likely to me. Not that they HAVE to do it, but it's not like they really have a good reason not to. Since when have they ever listened to haters? They'll do it just because it'll be "cool." It won't make him overpowered because they'll just conveniently make the other megas stronger. lol

Soniman

Break the Limit
Ash only needs one Mega Evolution and he should get it like 3/4s through the series. Id prefer it be Sceptile since Flechinder already fillsthe Fire/Flying slot that would make Charizard redundant.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash is going to Mega Evolve his Charizard. They brought it back to Oak for only one reason.

What does him being at Oak's place have to do with his supposed Mega Evolution? He could've easily came back for that regardless of where he was imo. Not that I think he'll Mega Evolve, although it would be tolerable if it happened.

nickdt

What does him being at Oak's place have to do with his supposed Mega Evolution? He could've easily came back for that regardless of where he was imo. Not that I think he'll Mega Evolve, although it would be tolerable if it happened.

The fact that he could remain with his lover Charla in Charicific Valley. He is at Oak, because Ash wants to have him quick and not make him tired for flying all the way to Kalos.

zzz1000120

The fact that he could remain with his lover Charla in Charicific Valley. He is at Oak, because Ash wants to have him quick and not make him tired for flying all the way to Kalos.

Is it really confirmed that charizard is at Oak? He could have just stayed at the Oak's for the picture and return to the Charicific Valley. Also for the record, back in Unova charizard when from Johto to Kanto to Oak then transported to Ash so it wouldn't be that much of a trip.

diakyu

Is it really confirmed that charizard is at Oak? He could have just stayed at the Oak's for the picture and return to the Charicific Valley. Also for the record, back in Unova charizard when from Johto to Kanto to Oak then transported to Ash so it wouldn't be that much of a trip.
Yep people are jumping the gun with this. Remember Charizard was on Ash's team when he arrived back in Pallet. Of course he would be in the picture regardless of if he was staying or not.

In BW Charizard only flew to Oak's lab then was transferred directly to Ash.

Last edited:
Capture.jpg
If you look at the image attached closely you can see some sort of a bracelet on one of his arms could this mean that he got a mega ring at the Tower of Mastery the previous Episode.

nuzamaki90

View attachment 13107
If you look at the image attached closely you can see some sort of a bracelet on one of his arms could this mean that he got a mega ring at the Tower of Mastery the previous Episode.

Nice find but since it's a little blurry I'll wait before jumping the gun

Regardless, if Ash gets a Mega Ring I don't think he'll use it a lot unless the plot calls for it so no "Bring back Charizard and replace Fletchinder" business.

Nice find but since it's a little blurry I'll wait before jumping the gun

Regardless, if Ash gets a Mega Ring I don't think he'll use it a lot unless the plot calls for it so no "Bring back Charizard and replace Fletchinder" business.

Sorry about it being blurry but I couldn't seem to upload the magnified image where I could see a yellow bracelet more clearly.

He doesn't have any Bracelet or that sort of thing. Here is the proof for it (which wasn't difficult to get),

[IMG139]http://s3.postimg.org/m2wlacddf/3rd_Gym_Battle.jpg[/IMG139]

Okay, I must of seen it wrong then okay thanks for "clearing" things up.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
At some point, I do believe Ash will get the chance to mega evolve his Pokemon. When? Hard to say. I just know he's capable of getting one. The show can't stress his bond for Pokemon enough. At the moment, we mainly see his discovery about it, and more wonders beyond. I'm sure the main Japanese audience would love to see their protagonist featuring a mega ring.

Luthor

At some point, I do believe Ash will get the chance to mega evolve his Pokemon. When? Hard to say. I just know he's capable of getting one. The show can't stress his bond for Pokemon enough. At the moment, we mainly see his discovery about it, and more wonders beyond. I'm sure the main Japanese audience would love to see their protagonist featuring a mega ring.

Eventually i agree but i think they'll leave it until later on. Even if he earned a mega ring soon i think they'd wait until later for him to start megaevolving anything. Possibly after he has all the gym badges.

diakyu

I'm sure he'll use it eventually, maybe near the very end of XY. No reason for him to get it here at the third gym. Though I do wonder if Gurkinn will say anything to Ash when he beats Korrina as he is seemingly watching the battle.

LizardonX

Banned

Mega Pikachu thunders in!

Status
Not open for further replies.