• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But this way he could use X and Y without having to make a tough choice between them and everyone wins. ^^;

If even Alain only uses the same Mega in every battle and he's 10 times more competent than Ash, I'm not sure why Ash should one-up him by having two choices is all. :x

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
If even Alain only uses the same Mega in every battle and he's 10 times more competent than Ash, I'm not sure why Ash should one-up him by having two choices is all. :x

Good point well I think his mega will be decided in Anistar city when he reaches the sundial.

Lorde

Good point well I think his mega will be decided in Anistar city when he reaches the sundial.

I don't think it'll be that soon since he won't even need a Mega until the KL imo since that's where the toughest opponents will be.

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
Well that's just plot BS then. Oh I just so happen to have another Charizard-X Mega Stone on me conveniently just for you. Suspension of disbelief can only go so far. One Mega form is enough for me. I have no desire to have Ash start spamming Megas.

This is the Pokemon anime, you know. It's not known for it's writing even in its demographic.

EonDragonFTW

Well regardless, I would like to see charizard have the same issue as corrina's lucario. Heck maybe even go back to being disobedient as a throughback

Geodude

Well that's just plot BS then. Oh I just so happen to have another Charizard-X Mega Stone on me conveniently just for you. Suspension of disbelief can only go so far. One Mega form is enough for me. I have no desire to have Ash start spamming Megas.

Why not? That's how you get the Absolite in the games.

Lorde

Heck maybe even go back to being disobedient as a throughback

No thanks. That was fixed ages ago and even with Mega issues, he doesn't need to regress like that in my opinion.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I would think that if Ash can control something like Infernape who we all know went crazy thanks to Blaze (and a lesser extent Paul for the brain damage) he can probably control a mega.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well regardless, I would like to see charizard have the same issue as corrina's lucario. Heck maybe even go back to being disobedient as a throughback

Korrina had problems cuz she wasn't in sync with mega Lucario tho so I dunno if Ash would have that problem with Charizard.

jrizza88

Meteorite
No thanks. That was fixed ages ago and even with Mega issues, he doesn't need to regress like that in my opinion.

If they did do that anyway, hopefully it would something that gets solved in 1-2 episodes, just so they could have a throwback I guess. But I think they can still show that without havign to make Charizard disobidient. I'd honestly roll my eyes if they revisit the disobedient Charizard.

Lorde

I would think that if Ash can control something like Infernape who we all know went crazy thanks to Blaze (and a lesser extent Paul for the brain damage) he can probably control a mega.

I kinda agree. I wouldn't mind Charizard struggling with the concept of Mega Evolving a bit, but I don't want him to go on a Mega Lucario-esque rampage.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
With Charizard's power while Mega Evolved, I could see him responding to an order of "dodge and use Seismic Toss," translate into "plow through the enemy Pokémon's meaningless attack, whatever it is, and then K.O. him with Seismic Toss." I don't see a totally disobedient Charizard, but I could see him having problems with dodging simply because he doesn't think he needs to do it, him going for the quick KO not worrying about any damage he may take. He would follow Ash's commands as he thinks they should be followed, not really doing his own thing like before, but not following Ash's instructions explicitly, which could lead to some problems, especially against other Mega Evolutions, down the line that both he and Ash have to work on.

Lorde

With Charizard's power while Mega Evolved, I could see him responding to an order of "dodge and use Seismic Toss," translate into "plow through the enemy Pokémon's meaningless attack, whatever it is, and then K.O. him with Seismic Toss." I don't see a totally disobedient Charizard, but I could see him having problems with dodging simply because he doesn't think he needs to do it, him going for the quick KO not worrying about any damage he may take. He would follow Ash's commands as he thinks they should be followed, not really doing his own thing like before, but not following Ash's instructions explicitly, which could lead to some problems, especially against other Mega Evolutions, down the line that both he and Ash have to work on.

So he'd be reckless as a Mega? I don't know if I'd like this scenario since I've always viewed him as a smart battler who isn't overconfident.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So he'd be reckless as a Mega? I don't know if I'd like this scenario since I've always viewed him as a smart battler who isn't overconfident.

I think he means that mega Charizard would follow his instincts instead of relying on Ash's strategies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
You know, Charizard isn't the only old Pokemon Ash has that can Mega Evolve. There's also Glalie, Sceptile, and Heracross. If he gets a Key Stone and the appropriate Mega Stone, one of them could be his 6th Pokemon.

It's been implicated a strong bond is needed to go.

Charizard has the strongest bond of the four, confirmed by N how strong and deep it was so it makes the most sense.

Heracross and Jason do not have as high bonds with Ash to make me believe they could go, Jason was around for one gym as a snorunt and the hoenn league before being oaked (and we haven't seen it in a fight since then), and Heracross was oaked after two gyms in jouto (neither of which it competed in) and has only been used in league battles as well.

Sceptile at least stayed with Ash for the majority of his AG run and did bond with Ash over the course of that time frame, it might not be as high as Charizard (who is dang close if not on par with Pikachu in terms of bonds with Ash) but Sceptile's up there though as one of Ash's closest guys, if the writers wanted to go the AS/OR route and premote the games more Ash could get it, however with scottie wanting it i'm not so sure anymore.

04n70n10

So, Alain and Ash will probably meet each other after Anistar gym match, but Anistar i remember have a thing correlated with megaevolution... the Sundial, in the games it allows to find megastones... maybe even (with some differences in comparison to the games of course) in the anime? All with Sycamore's explanation, of course, maybe ash and company will meet the professor here. And for the searching of megastones Sycamore could give a keystone to ash , maybe... (i dont known, if there is a megastone nearby the keystone could shine, etc) this make sense because Ash is traveling far and wide the Kalos region, so he have more possibilities to find a megastone.

After all Ash main problem with mega-stuff is finding a megastone, for the keystone there is Sycamore or Meyer (or others, maybe only a borrow, etc), and Ash already have many potential pokemon, one in particolar... and there is an empty space in the team.

Maybe in the middle searching of megastone, Ash will meet Alain (who is also searching megastones, like in Act I?). And maybe the megastone it's a charizardite Y ... Ok, i'm a bit too far here with my fantasies... LOL

It's only my possible teory, of couse, things could be very/totally different, but maybe something like this (more or less) could happen.

Last edited:

Lorde

I think he means that mega Charizard would follow his instincts instead of relying on Ash's strategies.

Which would essentially be disobedience, which I don't think will need to be revisited with him even assuming that Mega Evolution drives him wild. :x

jrizza88

Meteorite
Which would essentially be disobedience, which I don't think will need to be revisited with him even assuming that Mega Evolution drives him wild. :x

Honestly, knowing these writers, they might waste one or two episodes of getting Charizard under control, just to make it seem like "development" / revisit Kanto Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.