• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp045

Already confirmed the departure of Sun & Moon on November 18 date, I do not think that in a span of 20 episodes from this week had enough time for Ash receive Charizardite "Y" and even less to train your Charizard in the mega-evolution, unless you used a DEM (deus ex machina) shameless to give the situation that obtained Ash said Mega.
Hurt, Ash ran out of Mega in this generation and I really doubt if the next can be done with one.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
In general Charizard and Sceptile would likely only need one episode to master the concept, especially when you consider a Nurse Joy was able to mega evolve an Audino in one episode and it still didn't get along with her by the episode's end.

Red and Blue

Are people still wanting Ash to mega evolve Charizard or Sceptile?

Ash Greninja exists for a reason.

Cradily17

I guess Ash doesn't have a Mega Evolution because...

THE WRITERS KNOW GEN VII MAKES EVERY MEGA EVOLUTION GO EXTINCT!

In other words, they're no more.

(I'm kidding).

I don't know... We all know how GameFreak loves to remove popular features from previous games... heh just kidding as well. Mega Evolution provides too many merchandising and promotional opportunities to just be outright removed like that.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Nah, he doesn't need a mega considering Ash-Greninja is basically his equivalent to mega evo. Maybe even stronger than that considering he was using Diantha's Mega Gardevoir as a punching bag. I doubt he's gonna use reserves tbh, so not hoping for Zard Y or Sceptile.

If Ash DOES get Carbink though, I'd love it to mutate and have Ash whoop *** with Mega Diancie.

ShadowForce720

have they explained if only greninja is able to evolve like that? could we see a ash-charizard?

Like Aura said they haven't explained, but only shown. As far as Charizard is concerned I highly doubt that we would ever see a Ash-Charizard, as it already can Mega Evolve and on top of that it has 2 Mega Evolutions, so if they were going to have Ash's Charizard evolve further they would just have Ash Mega Evolve instead of giving it an Ash-Charizard power. Basically I'm pretty sure that there is a good possibility that if a Pokémon already has a Mega Evolution or Primal Reversion then it's not going to be able to use the process Greninja uses.

However I do suspect that Chesnaught, Delphox because they are Kalos Starters like Greninja that there probably able to use the process 2 and considering next to the Hero Greninja image in the ninja village there was image of a Heatmor and a Staraptor, so I do think they may use the process that Greninja uses as well and probably by extension Durant probably uses the process as well do to it be a rival to Heatmor.

Last edited:

dp045

I guess with the latest leaks of the next episodes we can assume that Ash will not have a Mega.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Where's that Mariah gif when you need it

Oh, here [img200]https://media.giphy.com/media/3DLkMLPy490gE/giphy.gif[/img200]

dp045

Well yeah. It was painfully obvious since A. Greninja was introduced

I still kept hopes that Ash get a Mega considering it is the most important and representative of the sixth generation aspect. He believed that writers outside Ash would not fail to have one because after all the protagonist of the anime that I was wit.

XxlapsxX

Thank you very much Greninja. You killed not only a 140 pages thread but many people hopes of seeing Ash with some amazing mega.

I hate you

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Thank you very much Greninja. You killed not only a 140 pages thread but many people hopes of seeing Ash with some amazing mega.

I hate you

Speaking of, I think this thread has filled his purpose now, hasn't it? I mean, at this point, any talk about Mega Glalie or Heracross can simply go to the Pokémon discussion thread.

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
No. We can always change the focus of discussion to why Ash didn't get Mega. After all this thread is about Ash and Megas, this is not a speculation thread but discussion thread, whether the discussion may be positive or negative.

BTW, Mega existed not only in GenVI, but probably any later gens as well, so there may be some chance in the future. Though, that future chance may be just as low as his probability to become a Pokemon Master.

Status
Not open for further replies.