• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Ash and Mega Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

Ash-Greninja is the equivalent of a Mega.

There is no problem here, and there is still speculation for Ash to receive Mega Evolution in the future regardless of whether it happens or not.

Janovy

Banned
There is no problem here, and there is still speculation for Ash to receive Mega Evolution in the future regardless of whether it happens or not.
Ash is not getting a Mega. This is not even up for debate anymore. In fact, I wonder why this thread is still open?

Red and Blue

Ash is not getting a Mega. This is not even up for debate anymore. In fact, I wonder why this thread is still open?

I agree in regards to Kalos, but Gen 7 and beyond is still free game. Unless he takes Greninja with him at all times like Pikachu

Janovy

Banned
I agree in regards to Kalos, but Gen 7 and beyond is still free game. Unless he takes Greninja with him at all times like Pikachu
I highly doubt gen 7 will focus nearly as much on Mega Evo like gen 6 did.

The story of Mega Evolution was pretty much concluded with OR/AS, the final release of sixth gen.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The only potential mega Ash-Greninja killed was Zard Y, no one else had any real chance to mega. Or rather they would have made no sense.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I think the only real head scratcher is if everyone and their mom was gonna have access to Mega Evolution, why did Ash get the fake Mega User? Why not just keep him the underdog and just say that he's trained Greninja so well it doesn't need to be a Mega to prove itself. Heck, Pikachu proved that in the 3rd gym

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think the only real head scratcher is if everyone and their mom was gonna have access to Mega Evolution, why did Ash get the fake Mega User? Why not just keep him the underdog and just say that he's trained Greninja so well it doesn't need to be a Mega to prove itself. Heck, Pikachu proved that in the 3rd gym

I'm pretty sure Korrina's ace is the worst one from the lot we've seen that you can beat it with a Froakie for sure... Sadly.

Merchandising and the whole 'unique' factor, probably. Although there is the idea of Synchro being in the next games \('w')/

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yeah, Ash is pretty much confirmed to be using Ash-Greninja. The league is coming and he hasn't obtained a keystone or mega stone. Trevor is using Mega Charizard Y while Sawyer is using Mega Sceptile. There is Glalie or Heracross but like I said, it is too late for Ash to use a mega evolution.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Curse you Trevor if you get Mega Zard Y :mad:
So here's my theory although I know it's going to probably get bashed. Ash goes to the Pokémon League acquires the Mega Stone for Charizard and brings all his old Pokémon like in Sinnoh. Considering Sycamore has a keystone he could give it to Ash. Or this Charizard vs Mega Battle results in Trevor losing, Trevor gets some sort of enlightenment to become a photographer and gives Ash the Mega Stone so we can see Ash using it in the future in the League or in the Alola league ;)
Ughh!! Why can't Pokémon just be nice and give us a battle between the Charizard we all know and love ;-;

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
No. We can always change the focus of discussion to why Ash didn't get Mega. After all this thread is about Ash and Megas, this is not a speculation thread but discussion thread, whether the discussion may be positive or negative.

BTW, Mega existed not only in GenVI, but probably any later gens as well, so there may be some chance in the future. Though, that future chance may be just as low as his probability to become a Pokemon Master.

We can always start part 2 in the next series. Or, if we are planning to make this a series long discussion, we might as well make this thread sticky.

Sprinter1988

The only potential mega Ash-Greninja killed was Zard Y, no one else had any real chance to mega. Or rather they would have made no sense.

I think that Mega Sceptile could have made sense. If they had given whats-his-name a Swampert instead of Sceptile, it could have worked. Not only that, the three Hoenn starters could have been given equal appearances - Mega Blaziken already appeared several times, whats-his-name would have had Swampert and Ash could have had Sceptile (also filling in the fact that he doesn't have a grass type on his team) - As it is, Mega Swampert hasn't had much (if any) screentime.

Failing that, they could have just given whats-his-name a Mega Salamence - he has a Bagon after all.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Curse you Trevor if you get Mega Zard Y :mad:
So here's my theory although I know it's going to probably get bashed. Ash goes to the Pokémon League acquires the Mega Stone for Charizard and brings all his old Pokémon like in Sinnoh. Considering Sycamore has a keystone he could give it to Ash. Or this Charizard vs Mega Battle results in Trevor losing, Trevor gets some sort of enlightenment to become a photographer and gives Ash the Mega Stone so we can see Ash using it in the future in the League or in the Alola league ;)
Ughh!! Why can't Pokémon just be nice and give us a battle between the Charizard we all know and love ;-;

Isn't "we all" too much people? For one I don't love nor like Charizard, and i'm glad Ash's not using it.

People will have to understand the anime won't always fulfill your fantasies, learn to punch and move on.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
LOL knew I'd get called out XD
Anyways, do you guys think Unova killed Charizard's chance of returning? I mean it was just so random of them to include Charizard in that region. Kanto starters weren't even a thing so promoting the games is out of the question. You think they would have Charizard return because of the re release of RBY and promote those through Ash. But I guess the only way you get some of Ash's old Pokémon to return is to be an unpopular region :p
(Don't get me wrong I liked Unova, just saying it isn't popular amongst most people)

thor94

it is not unova region that was unpopular, it was best wishes anime serie and the stupidity of writers to turn ash dumber and weaker than his kanto beginner (pewter badge) self.

whatever, yep, ash will never use mega, it is obvious now.

And the reasons why he doesn't use it: because ash is an underdog. underdogs don't obtain badass rare item allowing strong power.

And the reasons why he doesn't use it: because ash is an underdog. underdogs don't obtain badass rare item allowing strong power.

If he's such an underdog why did he get the special Sato-Smogonfrog form?

ShadowForce720

it is not unova region that was unpopular, it was best wishes anime serie and the stupidity of writers to turn ash dumber and weaker than his kanto beginner (pewter badge) self.

And the reasons why he doesn't use it: because ash is an underdog. underdogs don't obtain badass rare item allowing strong power

There is nothing that would prevent Ash from getting a Mega in a later generation. Also you contradicted yourself, you said that Ash is an underdog, and that because of it he can't obtain badass rare item allowing stronger power( or get a Mega Evolution), which there are holes in your logic, because if what you say is true then explain why Ash has Ash-Greninja a pokemon that is at least as strong as a Mega Evolution, if not stronger. By your own logic Ash shouldn't even have Ash-Greninja, which would mean since he does you can't classify him as an underdog.

The problem with this whole Ash can never obtain a Mega Evolution logic, is that every argument that is presented that says he can never obtain one is flawed for many reasons. In the end there is nothing that will truly stop him from getting a Mega and saying that he will never get one because he didn't get one in the generation it was introduce is like saying he would never get a specific type of pokemon because he didn't get the type of pokemon when it was introduce.

Will Ash obtain a Mega Evolution in gen 7? maybe he will, maybe he won't I don't know, but in no way can it really be said that he will never obtain a Mega Evolution, because we don't know. Plus this whole argument that Ash can not obtain a certain pokemon because of "x" reason has been used before and been proven wrong before, for instance before gen 4 some people would have said that Ash will never obtain a Dragon type pokemon because there too strong and yet in gen 4 he caught one, before gen 5 some people would have said that Ash would never obtain a Dark type pokemon because there too evil looking or some other reason and that he wouldn't obtain a Rock type pokemon because it doesn't suit him or for some other reason and yet in gen 5 he still got a Rock type pokemon and 2 Dark type pokemon.

Before Gen 6 some people would have said that Ash could never have a fully evolved Dragon type pokemon or Pseudo-legendary pokemon because there too strong and yet in this generation he has gotten 2 fully evolved Dragon type pokemon and one of them is a Pseudo-Legendary pokemon. And the list goes on

Basically no matter how many times you try to say that Ash can never get a Mega Evolution it's simply not true, and something that no one can say for sure if it will or won't happen, and all the reasons that you may try to come up with as to why he would never obtain a Mega Evolution wind up being flawed.

Last edited:

thor94

The problem with this whole Ash can never obtain a Mega Evolution logic, is that every argument that is presented that says he can never obtain one is flawed for many reasons. In the end there is nothing that will truly stop him from getting a Mega and saying that he will never get one because he didn't get one in the generation it was introduce is like saying he would never get a specific type of pokemon because he didn't get the type of pokemon when it was introduce.

Yes, like the argument about ash and the legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.