• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding BF4...

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I got Battlefield 4 for the Xbox 360 the other day, and when I started it up, it asked me to download an update. However, I apparently can't download the update and play the game because I don't have a hard drive. Is there not a hard drive built in to the 360?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I got Battlefield 4 for the Xbox 360 the other day, and when I started it up, it asked me to download an update. However, I apparently can't download the update and play the game because I don't have a hard drive. Is there not a hard drive built in to the 360?

Not all 360's have a Hard disk, the "Arcade" model didn't have one installed when sold. And the 4GB Slim version actually lacks one. All 360s actually can support a hard disk, it's just not sold with one.

Depending on the Model of the console, you may need to check underneath a Flap on the console, or in the case of early 360 design, the hard disk was the "flap."

If you need to purchase one, You can buy one new from Game retailers or used many second-hand stores.

KamFTW

Banned
Hey. I work at Staples in Canada where alot of people come up to me asking the same question, regarding different games all together. What you can do is buy a 16 GB or so USB Drive and plug it into the back of your Xbox. This will act as a Hard Drive for the system.

I have had many people approach me asking "Why wont this game install? It says I dont have enough space!", what I always say is to go get a brand new usb, or one at home and end up using that to store the game's update data on it and then making the game playable.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
So I can save it to the little usbs that get plugged into the back? I always reffered to them as FLASH drives, so I guess I thought it wouldn't work, and didn't try it. I'll try saving it to that when I get the chance. Thanks.

Edit: It didn't f*cking work. I thought it would this time, and I'm extremely frustrated that it didn't.

Last edited:

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
So I can save it to the little usbs that get plugged into the back? I always reffered to them as FLASH drives, so I guess I thought it wouldn't work, and didn't try it. I'll try saving it to that when I get the chance. Thanks.

Edit: It didn't f*cking work. I thought it would this time, and I'm extremely frustrated that it didn't.
Did you notice the usb being recognized on the xbox? All I know is that it should work if the usb is empty...

FafnirFX

Before you can use the flash drive on your 360, you have to format it to whatever the 360 uses. This can be done in the storage settings on your xbox if I remember correctly. It'll take a moment, then you should be able to download the update. First though, take a deep breath. I hope this helps, if not feel free to keep asking questions. I'll be happy to help you through it!