• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding EV training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
Ok, could someone tell me the quickest way to get EV reducing berries fast, as my Octillery has 88 EV's in wrong places, and i still want to carry on training it at the moment vs spinda????

B

b-i-gaskme

how about not being lazy and planting them like everyone else?

S

ShadowAlakazam

b-i-gaskme said:
Oh, so you telling me berry planting is hard work!!Ya! Very hard work!

I think, training more pokemon is more hard work than planting berries. You see, I can fight the 13374 blindfolded. You probably could too. I could lie down and just listen to the music and press any buttons in a carefree way since it wont mean EVs are spread wrongly, since theres another lvl100 to back me up.

But you just plant the berry, plant the whole masters garden, water thrice, and go and fight the elite four carelessly for 1.5-2 hours to get it to lvl50 with berries all around since you know you got berries to correct you nicely. Then you can wait nice and long for like 6 hours before picking. But for me, its concentrated killing for 8 hours.
If I have to finish within 8 hours, I have to use every other second killing the "insert Ev pokemon". I have to be alert and make sure I kill only the "pokemon here".

But for you, you can go plant berries, raise the poke to lvl50, and go and sleep at night to wake up tommorow with berries flooding the garden. So you start out a very simple Ev training cut to the MAX. Which is like...2 hours? Make a little mistake, you simply feed the berry to the pokemon to correct it. So who is lazier I ask?

For:pokemaster JOE
Dedicated to:b-i-gaskme
I think the best way is to grow them. Its easy. You plant everywhere in the berry masters garden. You get wailmer pail and you water all the seeds. Nice and simple. Go to bed at 10'o clock, and make sure you planted the berries you needed. Good night, and when you wake up, behold your garden has become paradise! Pick all the berries if you want! Otherwise, beg the berry master to give you more berries. Hope I helped ya! Have a nice day!

PokeMaster JOE

Pokemon Master
OMG, i am not lazy, i just wanted to know if there was a faster solution.
Thanks, anyway.
Edit- My Octillery has lots of EV's in wrong places, and when i use the reducing berries, it says it has no effect. Is there a way now to get rid of the EV's in the wrong places or is it to late. It has 42 in Sp.attack which is what i want, however its got 8 in HP,14 in Attack,13 in Defence,12 in Sp.Defence and 10 in speed???? Isn't the maximum 255 in any stat, if so i got a long and boring way to go???

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
PokeMaster JOE said:
Thanks, anyway.
Edit- My Octillery has lots of EV's in wrong places, and when i use the reducing berries, it says it has no effect. Is there a way now to get rid of the EV's in the wrong places or is it to late. It has 42 in Sp.attack which is what i want, however its got 8 in HP,14 in Attack,13 in Defence,12 in Sp.Defence and 10 in speed???? Isn't the maximum 255 in any stat, if so i got a long and boring way to go???
When it says it has no effect, it means it has no EVs and your pokemon has maximum happiness. Only other way to tell how much EVs is to save the game and give it # of stat-reducing berries * 10 to get an estimated count of each EV.

Don't double post. Patience is a virtue.

When it says that it has no effect, it's most likely because it has either maximum happiness or no (or less than 10) EVs in the stat you're trying to subtract from.

You could just breed for a new Remoraid and start from scratch...

The maximum amount of EVs you can put in a single stat is 255, but 255 is not divisible by 4 (as 4 EVs are equal to one stat point), so actually the maximum amount of EVs you can put into a single stat that count is 252.

You have a total of 510 EVs, but again the same issue here (510 is not divisble by 4), so you really have 508 usable EVs.

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
almost all of my EV saring is 252/252/6 so the best way that I know is give the vitamins (such as calcium, protein..) then leave it in the day care for it raise 20 (if the pokemon doesn´t learn attacks to cancel the eggmoves) or ten levels then I train the EV that I´ll battle just 3 times to be easier to understand I´ll write one example:
I´ll try my eevee´s EV for speed (252) s.attack (252) and HP (6)
I give for it 10 vitamins for speed and special attack leave in day care and take it when it´s in the level 18. so now I give for it hold macho brace, then I battle against 3 whishmurs. so now I go to alterning cave and battle A LOT of zubats to raise the speed EV up to 255 (I don´t calculate, I just stop when the PP of all attacks reaches 0 3~4 times) now I use one berry to lower the speed EV to 245 I take macho brace and battle with one zubat then I regive it to battle with more 3 zubats then it´s 252 in the speed so now it´s easy, I battle with a lot of spindas up to I recieve the effort ribbon. it´s easy, if I calculate everything some I miss or I put +2 in the calculator twice so for me it works perfectly, I win some time making that.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Here's an example of how I EV-trained 2 starmies and a houndoom as of recently with the distribution of 252 speed/sp.att & 6 HP

10 carbos/calciums = 100 speed & 100 sp.att
4 trips to gardevoir secret base holding macho brace = 144 sp.att
Guitarist's 2 magnetons & 1 exploud while holding macho brace = 8 sp.att & 6 HP
grassy area right of maulville with zigzagoon/linoone/wingull/electrike/manectric = 152 speed

While it helps when the pokemon are flawless in the necessary stats, here is a site I refer to quite often when EV training:

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php

S

ShadowAlakazam

PokeMaster JOE said:
Thanks, anyway.
b-i-gaskme said:
Ok to start off, he told you not to be lazy. Sorry, he is referring to me for not growing my berries to EV train. See above for a better method than growing berries and wasting time whilst doing so.
Expert Evan said:
When it says it has no effect, it means it has no EVs and your pokemon has maximum happiness.
chaos952 said:
Don't double post. Patience is a virtue.
When it says that it has no effect, it's most likely because it has either maximum happiness or no (or less than 10) EVs in the stat you're trying to subtract from.
How is it posssible that you have to be "unhappy" to use a berry to correct yourself? Do you mean to say you gotta punish your pokemon after eating a berry, let it faint again etc etc?Another example. you try getting a pokemon at max happiness and feed it vitamins, see if they will refuse to eat it. Pretty irony for such a possibility!
I'm sure feeding a berry while you have a pokemon at 4Ev in speed will reduce it to 0, and it wont mean the EV wont get reduced.
Heres something to back up what I had said:
When you try feeding a pokemon with a _____ berry that reduces ____ but already has 0Evs in the ____, it will say, alakazam turned/grew(not sure)happy. Base stat cant fall. So chaos, if your _____ had 1EV in attack, you give it a berry it will still work cause the "Base Stat can still fall". It just cant go past -9, it will just simply stop at 0.

EVs are not Base stats. Try again.

Also, I fail to see the irony...

S

ShadowAlakazam

chaos952 said:
EVs are not Base stats. Try again.

Also, I fail to see the irony...
They are not base stats. However the game states:Alakazam turned friendly. Base stat fell.
Which meant I fed a berry to one of its stats and it has some EVs.
What I think is silly:Doesnt mean happiness = max, it doesnt mean the pokemon will refuse to eat it. The berries are I suppose, implemented into emerald so that people can correct EVs. At the same time, a little reward is given in the form of happiness points. So if your pokemon is max happiness, does it mean it will refuse to take any more? It will simply say it turned happy but the happiness is the best it could be. So you gotta feed it a bitter herb before you could feed it again? That's whats so ironic.

Example:You have alot of rubbish in your room.You want to empty everything. I help you to remove 10 boxes. You get happier. I take away another 10 with only 12 left to go. Your the happiest person on the earth. You dont allow me to take away any more stuff cause you are "maximum happy". I give you a slap, you get angry, and now you will let me take away another 10 boxes since your not max happy anymore. Ten boxes is the best I can manage to carry away. I come again to take the final 2 boxes. You stop me saying:you cant take away anymore since i only have 2, wait for me to get 8 more. Is that stupid?

S

ShadowAlakazam

PokeMaster JOE said:
Ummm, my Octilerry says' It has no effect' when i feed it reducing berries, thats all.
So, it means it has already dropped to the lowest already, no other possiblities. But if you still ask this question, I think you calculated the Ivs wrongly. I think you better check the Ivs again.

chaos952 said:

IVs have nothing to do with this.

Clouds

Fog Trainer
do evs still drop, even if the pokemon has maximum happiness from the berries? This has rlly wrried me lol

S

ShadowAlakazam

Clouds said:
do evs still drop, even if the pokemon has maximum happiness from the berries? This has rlly wrried me lol
How could it have worried you??
ShadowAlakazam said:
What I think is silly:Doesnt mean happiness = max, it doesnt mean the pokemon will refuse to eat it. The berries are I suppose, implemented into emerald so that people can correct EVs. At the same time, a little reward is given in the form of happiness points. So if your pokemon is max happiness, does it mean it will refuse to take any more? It will simply say it turned happy but the happiness is the best it could be. So you gotta feed it a bitter herb before you could feed it again? That's whats so ironic.

Example:You have alot of boxes in your room.You want to empty everything. I help you to remove 10 boxes. You get happier. I take away another 10 with only 12 left to go. Your the happiest person on the earth. You dont allow me to take away any more stuff cause you are "maximum happy". I give you a slap, you get angry, and now you will let me take away another 10 boxes since your not max happy anymore. Ten boxes is the best I can manage to carry away. I come again to take the final 2 boxes. You stop me saying:you cant take away anymore since i only have 2, wait for me to get 8 more. Is that stupid?

chaos952 said:

IVs have nothing to do with this.
I'd like to know why you qouted yourself =p

B

b-i-gaskme

When you feed Pokemon a STAT low berry
=>EVs drop as long as: It has more than 0 EVs in a STAT.
=>Happiness grows/stays the same (although it will still say It got happier): If it has more than 0 EVs in that STAT OR if your happiness is not at max (in which case it says: the base stat can't fall)
*When BOTH the Happiness and EV are Max/Min respectively, it will say: It will have no effect.

Clouds: Read this^ and absorb and you will find your answer.

I think that IVs do matter chaos952 because PokeMasterJoe calculated it wrong and he thinks that Octillery still has EVs when it doesn't.

PokeMasterJoe: I didn't mean you are lazy, its just a statement you chuck in there, its not to "stfu" you or anything, ok? Sorry you took it the wrong way, I have a bad way with words. Check your IVs again. My method is what works for me, whether or not you take it on board is up to you, I'm just trying to help.

Shadow Alakazam: I see the hypocricy but not the irony, you just asked chaos952 why he quoted himself when you just did that, a dry way to make a dry joke. At least we both agree PokeMasterJoe needs to check his IVs again.

Oh yeah, Shadow Alakazam: You are truly retarded if you wait for 8 hours for a berry. What I do is, since I always have pokemon EV trained however not at lvl 100, I just plant Berry Master's garden full of what I NEED, and then water them once, beat the league with my pokemon + Exp Share held by the awaiting EV training one, and come back, water it, battle the league, repeat until I get bored, then shut it off. Go sleep, tomorrow, I find the berries I need with obscene quantity, I remember getting 7-8 Tamato berries from a single plant. What I'm trying to say is, my friend Shadow Alakazam, I'm not retarded enough to wait for 8 hours and I am not trying to spread retardedness to other members. I guess I could have explained it in full before, I guess I'm the lazy one... XD

Chaos952: Base Stat/IV doesn't matter in this case, but PokeMasterJoe stuffed up his calculation and therefore its created problems for him.

S

ShadowAlakazam

b-i-gaskme said:
Shadow Alakazam: I see the hypocricy but not the irony, you just asked chaos952 why he quoted himself when you just did that, a dry way to make a dry joke. At least we both agree PokeMasterJoe needs to check his IVs again.

*Oh yeah, Shadow Alakazam: You are truly retarded if you wait for 8 hours for a berry. What I do is, since I always have pokemon EV trained however not at lvl 100, I just plant Berry Master's garden full of what I NEED, and then water them once, beat the league with my pokemon + Exp Share held by the awaiting EV training one, and come back, water it, battle the league, repeat until I get bored, then shut it off. Go sleep, tomorrow, I find the berries I need with obscene quantity, I remember getting 7-8 Tamato berries from a single plant. What I'm trying to say is, my friend Shadow Alakazam, I'm not retarded enough to wait for 8 hours and I am not trying to spread retardedness to other members. I guess I could have explained it in full before, I guess I'm the lazy one... XD*

Chaos952: Base Stat/IV doesn't matter in this case, but PokeMasterJoe stuffed up his calculation and therefore its created problems for him.
Bolded:It wasnt a joke, I was curious how he quoted himself to say something irrevelant to what he quoted.
**Thats what I was trying to say. IN one of your earleir posts, you say that you are lazy, and couldnt waste time doing this doing that. So, i decided to make a time-frame showing how my method was quicker and didnt waste any of your precious time. Obviously the berries had to be grown at the same time I started training, or it wouldnt be fair that you got berries out of thin air. People arent retarded enough to wait 8 hours simply for berries, but it had to be done this way to fairly show that my method was quicker.

B

b-i-gaskme

only a dumb F*CK would wait 8 hours to get those berries. What you are SUPPOSED to do is: plant everyday. You beat the league once, then you water. Beat then water. Beat then water. I would think no one can play pokemon for 8 hours straight, maybe play one to two hours, while watering. Then come back in the afternoon and get your berries and its all good. Usually, if you train at the league, once at level 50, the total number of berries you use is around 5-6 per berry, which means you have 5-6 left of each kind, you can "reinvest" and plant them, then start your ev training with a level 50 pokemon, which you can do the EV training faster due to not switching and still holding macho brace. After you finish ev training, it will be level 56~60. With your method, you end up with a pokemon at level 25~ish at MAX and you take it to the league...? STILL need that EXP.Share. Where as in my one, my pokemon is ready to take the league on its own.

And once you start Berry planting, you just continue, even when you don't need it, this is what we call "being prepared", so next time, there is no waiting... you see? Now who's method is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.