1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding "Image Macros"

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by Anonymous_Smod, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Hi all

We've noticed a trend going on in the forums in which users are responding to posts with irrelevant animated images. This, while commonplace in tumblr and other such networks, has no place here and constitutes as spam.

As such, I need to reiterate that we do not allow this sort of spam here so please desist. You're welcome to post images if they're relevant to the post, but the current trend going on here shall not continue

From one week from now, any instance of this will be followed by a 5 point infraction.

Thanks for your understanding

~Serebii Forum Staff

2. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Just to clarify, this is targetted at the ridiculous animated GIFs people have been using, but is not exclusive to it. Any unrelated image shall be classed as this

3. Is gif in signature is allowed? just ask...

4. Serebii

Yes. I'm talking about responses in topics with just the image. Many have been doing it and thus we're stopping it as it is SPAM. Signatures have nothing to do with it.

5. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

Yes, they still would be, it's just that posting gif's and/or random images as a post in reply to a topic is now not allowed. see most misc. threads for examples

6. Zibdas

Zibdas not bad

What about games?
    Just checkin...

7. WizardTrubbish

WizardTrubbish Too many L E V E L S

How 'bout VMs?

8. Skydra

Skydra Well-Known Member

They said IN TOPICS. That doesn't include VMs, PMs, Signatures, or whatever.

9. GuardChomp

GuardChomp (︶_︶)╭∩╮

I noticed this in misc. This only applies to TOPICS. relevant GIFs ARE tolerated.

10. Wardek

Wardek U & I

Never seen any in any non-games topic, guess that's because I don't go to the Misc. Discussions a lot....

11. arceusvictini

arceusvictini Taking over Serebii

Do you mean like this?

12. Serebii

Yes. Pointless images that hold no bearing on the topic whatsoever

13. arceusvictini

OK then. I've seen a few if those but not posted any.

14. TeamRocketGrunt

TeamRocketGrunt WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

What about "You Laugh You Lose"?Are gifs banned there, too?

15. arceusvictini

What do you mean You Laugh You Lose?

16. WeatherHaxx

WeatherHaxx Mienshao For Uber!

It's one of the games in the Games forum, simply post a picture until somebody else's makes you laugh. Then you lose.

17. arceusvictini

Oh, OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Grei

Grei not the color

Why is this hard to get for everyone...?
    The banning is on images that aren't relevant to discussion at all. So clearly, in a thread that requires posting images, they're going to be allowed.

Take a look at Anime Spoilers. A lot of the popular threads there have people (playerking, Dax, The 4th KIRA, even me on a couple occasions) posting random gifs of Lady Gaga saying "No," or some random Glee character making a face.

In Anime Spoilers. That's the irrelevant part. Those are the posts being outlawed. >_>

19. emeraldellie

emeraldellie Δ Staff Member Admin

if it is ON TOPIC with the game then that is okay.

the point of this topic is to stop people from replying to a discussion thread with just an (often unfunny and completely stupid) image macro. it's not clever and it's spam, so you will be infracted as such.

20. Zozo1999

Zozo1999 has left Serebii

Hm...I haven't seen any of these yet. Hopefully I never will :/