• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding "Image Macros"

Bigdog294

Enter the Darkness
I get what you mean, sorta, but do you really need a picture to illastrate what you want to say? and making something more interesting doesn't mean it can't be another form of spam, which when over used it can be, now think if everyone had one or two of these images? do you know how much space this is, also they have moving parts, so they cause lag too

sorry super lag tyed this in like 10 mins ago don't know what is up with this thing

Last edited:

ladendar

Little munchkinz
Oh god, would people shut up about Dattebayo and T e e H e e. If you don't know what it is, you don't know. You're just giving him attention.

Kay, holly dude, take a chill pill. The guy just wants to know, and he has a right to know. Capeesh? If you can't help him out, let someone else do so. Don't put someone down for something they ask. And OKAY, it has nothing to do with Team T E E H E E H E E. Did I say it did? I was simply posting an example, so lay off my back. >_> The leader of that group has been banned, so theres no way of him getting attention if theres no way for him to ''see'' it. Unless he makes another account...

Grey Wind

Kay, holly dude, take a chill pill. The guy just wants to know, and he has a right to know. Capeesh? If you can't help him out, let someone else do so. Don't put someone down for something they ask. And OKAY, it has nothing to do with Team T E E H E E H E E. Did I say it did? I was simply posting an example, so lay off my back. >_> The leader of that group has been banned, so theres no way of him getting attention if theres no way for him to ''see'' it. Unless he makes another account...
Don't take it so seriously. It's been constantly asked who was T e e H e e, and it's getting really annoying that people keep giving him the attention he so desperately craves. And he can come here as a guest.

Also, you quradruple posted.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
STOP TALKING ABOUT TE.E HE.E!

it has absolutely nothing to do with this announcement and any more posts about it will be infracted and deleted.

*facepalm*

It's about time a rule was put in place about unnecessary GIFs. They cause a severe lag in older computers and impossibly long loading times as a result. And most of the time they were spam anyway.

Wardek

U & I
Sure, Ellie. I was just curious about T E E H E E.
BTW, why is t e e and h e e and t e e h e e blocked?

I heard that Ellie was annoyed by hearing their name...

--

Non-SPPf smilies are still allowed to be used if their not big, right?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Non-SPPf smilies are still allowed to be used if their not big, right?
I suppose if they're not spammy and whatnot - but what non-sppf ones would you ever have a need to use? =/

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, they're fine as long as they're not used in a spammy fashion and aren't what make up the majority of the post or whatnot.

Pokechan

Thank you for dealing with the issue sppf mods and Serebii. The irrelevant images were annoying, spam, and would sometimes slow things down. And plus it was completely unnecessary to post images like that unless it related to the topic. I see nothing wrong with the new rule at all since it seems fair and it could be a lot worse so be thankful for this rule the way it is.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
As long as the person getting said macro spam is fine with it too and they don't have offensive content in them then go ahead I suppose...

Nyter

Island Challenger
lol I mus be lost. I have not seen any of thess "spam gifs" that everyone is talking about, except for Crimson King when he was attacking the threads with his Pteorodactyls.

But this is good to know so I don't get any infractions.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
lol I mus be lost. I have not seen any of thess "spam gifs" that everyone is talking about, except for Crimson King when he was attacking the threads with his Pteorodactyls.

But this is good to know so I don't get any infractions.
You won't see them anymore since this rule was enforced a few weeks ago, lol. x)