• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Love and Loyalty - Hiatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faerie

MONS
No, this isn't to announce a hiatus, this is to tell you that my hiatus is finally coming to an end. As you know I haven't updated LaL in quite a while, and I believe that's bad planning on my part. I posted the thread as soon as I finished the first chapter and that didn't give me enough time to finish the chapters before a month was over. Way back in December 2005 I had a huge writer's block and when it finally lifted in late January I meant to get started writing again. However, I just didn't really get around to it and after that it started falling apart. It's not that I've had a lot of obstacles, just that the obstacles were big ones - projects, the trip to Central America, etcetera. And when I had free time I guess I just didn't get to it.

Now I'm planning to get back to work on it and I have been adding to it irregularly throughout the month. I plan to get back up to speed on it in a few months, but for the moment I won't be putting up new chapters. I plan to at least finish Chapter VIII before I update it, and I may have to make a new thread due to the lack of posts on the other one. But I promise it will come back eventually. I won't put any specific dates up because I'll just end up pushing them back.

Well, now you can be assured I haven't forgotten LaL. Thanks for paying attention. ^__^

katiekitten

The Compromise
Faerie! I haven't seen you in ages...

Love and Loyalty is coming back? Hurray! *hugs* I'm glad you are getting over your writers block! *gives cookie*

On the new thread thing, you can if you want. =D It is always fun to repost a story, a chance to get new readers.

I'm glad you are back! *hugs again*

Elemental Charizam

Sudden Genre Shift
This certainly isn't a shameless plug for your fic.

You certainly should have made this post in a seperate thread in the AC like you did.

Two false statements.

Banov

Of the Kecleon
From the topic title, it sounds like a discussion on how a hiatus betrays the love and loyalty of readers. Ummm, want to discuss that so this doesn't have to be deleted? ^_^U

Quackerdrill

say yes to love
Um, even if Elemental Charizam is right, it's still great to hear that the fic hasn't died. That's good to know- just the other day I was wondering what had happened to all the fics I used to do reviews for... I just wanted to stop in and tell you that I am anticipating its return. Keep writing and enjoying it!
*dissapears back into (temporary) nothingness*

Faerie

MONS
Elemental Charizam said:
This certainly isn't a shameless plug for your fic.

You certainly should have made this post in a seperate thread in the AC like you did.

Two false statements.
...Um? What did I do wrong? I see nothing in the rules saying that I couldn't post a thread like this. The closest thing they say is to make sure that there aren't any stickies where you could be posting your topic instead of making a thread, and there are no stickies regarding hiatuses and posting news about dead fics. However, if I'm not mistaken there is a rule against mini-modding without being completley sure that what someone else is doing is wrong. And you're supposed to notify a mod first. Maybe you should read the rules before accusing someone else of breaking them.

Sorry to be harsh. But if you wanted me to be nice, then you could have been nice.

Well, moving on, I'm glad to see people have been thinking about LaL! Yeah, I know I've been gone for a long time. I need to stop being so lazy and get back to work, don't I? xP

IceKing

Sexorific!
If mini-modding was so frowned upon, virtually all people who review poor fics negatively would be banned (e.g., Yami Ryu)

This really belongs more on your actual fic thread rather than an entirely new thread, that's what most people coming out of hiatuses do. Or if your old thread has been pruned, post a preview of the new material. The Author's Cafe isn't really a message board about your fics...

And EC is very nice. He goes to the orphanage on Saturdays and cooks for them and entertains them, you know?

Last edited:

Elemental Charizam

Sudden Genre Shift
Oh god, please don't hurt me sir!!!!

I wasn't mini modding. I never mentioned rules. I DID mention that this was a total waste of space here, as you could have easily posted it on your thread. Like everyone else does. Call me cynical, but you just did it for the exposure.

Zephyr has also told people to use their common sense. Something doesn't have to break rules to be locked.

Faerie

MONS
Sorry. I guess we misunderstood eachother. ^__^;; My fic thread hasn't been posted on for several months, so I wasn't sure if I could post this on it or not. Yes, I know you can post updates on dead threads in the Fan Fiction and Fan Art forums but I didn't know if this counted as an update or not. So I thought I should put a thread here.

And I didn't really mean to say that EC was mean; I don't think he's a mean person at all, I just though he came across as sort of rude. >__> I guess I did too.

And EC, for the record, I'm a girl. xDD

Dragonfree

Just me
I've got to admit it irks me to have special threads in the Authors' Café about specific fics. If it doesn't allow for any discussion outside of your readership, there is not much of a reason to post it here and not in the fic thread. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.