• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Mega Evolutions in the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, quite frankly, your hypothesis makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You're talking about sense, it's kinda strange since pokemon anime don't make sense in general if we go to that point but why wouldn't he own a Mega-lucario and then for the writers make him depart from the team for "whatsoever" sad reason .
AND then Charizard would be his Main Mega.
but really this is not what i'm thinking to be part of the anime, but why not be surprised by things we wouldn't think of ?

Maybe i'm not expressing my words correctly but whatever...

Last edited:
Ash could show Mega Charizard (perhaps both forms) and Mega Heracross and eventually could have Mega Venusaur, Blastoise and Garchomp.

I wonder if would get a Aerodactyl, Mawile, Absol or Lucario to mega-evolve them.

May could show Mega Blaziken, Misty could show Mega Gyarados and potentially Tracey could show Mega Scizor.

This would be great in my opinion.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash could show Mega Charizard (perhaps both forms) and Mega Heracross and eventually could have Mega Venusaur, Blastoise and Garchomp.

I wonder if would get a Aerodactyl, Mawile, Absol or Lucario to mega-evolve them.

May could show Mega Blaziken, Misty could show Mega Gyarados and potentially Tracey could show Mega Scizor.

This would be great in my opinion.

All of those returning characters have a bad, fat chance in showing up with stones that aren't even outside of Kalos (yet or never).

pokemon fan 132

I admit i like someone else idea of some of previous traveling companions and Ash friends coming back in Kalos playing role in whole mega evolution pokemon project. In theory they could go to Kalos for several reason be it some competition helping them to advance dream, catch new rare pokemon exclusive to Kalos or be send in mission to research concept of new pokemon upgrade.

Given how mysterious and unexplored whole concept is being just recently discovered judging by prof. Sycamore i could see Ash contacting prof. Oak about whole thing leading to cooperation with Kalos professor. Prompting him to contac other trainers in nearby area which has strong understanding and knowledge about pokemon to go there and play role in part of making research about mega evolution and through use of their own pokemon help to understand better what requirements are required to be fulfilled to start whole process in first place.

And May posessing two pokemon with potential to mega evolve(Venusaur and Blaziken, possibly Wartortle if it evolved), Misty(Gyarados), Gary(Blastoise and Scizor) would give them marketing value and significance in playing notable role in anime story again while helping to promote whole thing.
Mega evolution certainly offers way for them to become stronger and advance careers(be it Misty dream of becoming water master learning how to utilize pokemon to full potential exploring their true strength making massive step forward in becoming best water trainer and ending recognized by other water experts like maybe E4 Siebald, May pokemon surpassing their limits giving her great deal of power boost and advantage in try of becpoming top coordinator or Gary researching about whole background and origins behind mega eviolution discovering as researcher what requirements and secrets this process entails making name for himelf in career he pursuits etc)

It probably wont happen because we all know what is writers policy regarding any older character past most recent generation(so much about continuity, their unfinished stories and consistent story which maintains connections to past building on itself). But regardless in my opinion it would still be certainly fresh and interesting to see some of long time absent characters back becoming relevant in some aspect again accompanying Ash for one part of his journey while going in same direction seeing them updated and developed more,learning more about those we grew to like and enjoy in new antics and build on relationships with other characters they would meet.

Just a thought.

RVD_fan

I admit i like someone else idea of some of previous traveling companions and Ash friends coming back in Kalos playing role in whole mega evolution pokemon project. In theory they could go to Kalos for several reason be it some competition helping them to advance dream, catch new rare pokemon exclusive to Kalos or be send in mission to research concept of new pokemon upgrade.

Given how mysterious and unexplored whole concept is being just recently discovered judging by prof. Sycamore i could see Ash contacting prof. Oak about whole thing leading to cooperation with Kalos professor. Prompting him to contac other trainers in nearby area which has strong understanding and knowledge about pokemon to go there and play role in part of making research about mega evolution and through use of their own pokemon help to understand better what requirements are required to be fulfilled to start whole process in first place.

And May posessing two pokemon with potential to mega evolve(Venusaur and Blaziken, possibly Wartortle if it evolved), Misty(Gyarados), Gary(Blastoise and Scizor) would give them marketing value and significance in playing notable role in anime story again while helping to promote whole thing.
Mega evolution certainly offers way for them to become stronger and advance careers(be it Misty dream of becoming water master learning how to utilize pokemon to full potential exploring their true strength making massive step forward in becoming best water trainer and ending recognized by other water experts like maybe E4 Siebald, May pokemon surpassing their limits giving her great deal of power boost and advantage in try of becpoming top coordinator or Gary researching about whole background and origins behind mega eviolution discovering as researcher what requirements and secrets this process entails making name for himelf in career he pursuits etc)

It probably wont happen because we all know what is writers policy regarding any older character past most recent generation(so much about continuity, their unfinished stories and consistent story which maintains connections to past building on itself). But regardless in my opinion it would still be certainly fresh and interesting to see some of long time absent characters back becoming relevant in some aspect again accompanying Ash for one part of his journey while going in same direction seeing them updated and developed more,learning more about those we grew to like and enjoy in new antics and build on relationships with other characters they would meet.

Just a thought.
That's a decent idea. Gary at the very least is a researcher (who was namedropped by an NPC in XY) so it makes sense he'd be interested in Mega Evolution.

I don't think there's a chance that Ash's Charizard doesn't Mega Evolve at some point to fight Blaziken. I actually think they're gonna throw Heracross a bone and have him Mega Evolve as well. There are a lot of Mega Pokemon and not a lot of trainers to show them off.

ArcaneStar

Village Idiot
I'm curious about how common or rather uncommon mega pokemon will be. The games clearly state that it's rather rare and freshly discovered, hence why it hasn't appeared in game before. In the anime, it appears to be the same so it may stand to follow that mega evolution is a new concept and that may rule out the possibility of every trainer having a mega or past companions appearing to advertise their respective potential megas (can still happen) Each trainer may likely carry one mega in general so Charizard may remain Ash's only mega and frankly, judging from the Lucario in the XY opening, mega evolution is the equivalent of going Super Saiyan in the anime so I'm predicting only as many mega trainers as there are mega pokemon so as to preserve the significance of it. Personally I like the idea of Ash being the only one to sport a mega of that specific pokemon type and only having a small amount of trainers who have discovered mega evolution.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i rather have mega charizard ( he got more bond with ash beside pikachu of course) then mega lucario

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I honestly hope that the Mega Evolution arc is treated as a really intriguing mystery that spans multiple episodes in the entire saga. Ash and the group eventually partially decide to travel to help Sycamore learn the secrets of Mega Evolution.

At best, Mega Evolution will close plot-wise at Shalour City, and then Sycamore is probably going to shift his focus on his loyal best friend Lysandre.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
At best, Mega Evolution will close plot-wise at Shalour City, and then Sycamore is probably going to shift his focus on his loyal best friend Lysandre.

That's assuming the anime will follow the games, though. They might take a different route, especially if the way Team Flare is written is changed.

Janovy

Banned
I wonder how much of a role Blaziken Mask will play in this whole thing. And I'm still wondering whether the Mega Ring is used or if this Mega Evolution thing will be dealt with as something natural in the anime as opposed to having to do with Mega Ring and Mega Stones.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Sycamore mentioned that Mega Evolution required a stone, if I remember correctly. The anime usually doesn't mess with held items much, though, so I expect they're reducing it to one stone (either the generic Mega Stone the trainer carries or the species-specific stone) which the trainer carries. But there might also be something like the Pokemon absorbing their Mega Stone like an evolution stone (though perhaps not permanently), giving them the ability to Mega Evolve that way.

Chalant

Since no new Kalos pokemon gets a mevo, and ash only has two pokemon who actually can mega evolve, I would say charizard mevolves.

Grei

not the color
Mega Evolutions are too cool for Ash to not use them. He'll either catch a Pokemon confirmed to have mega evolved in the anime (such as Blaziken or Lucario) or will bring back Heracross or Charizard.

Either that, or Ash uses Mega Evolution in a movie and doesn't in the anime. I don't see that as more likely than the above, though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Mega Evolutions are too cool for Ash to not use them. He'll either catch a Pokemon confirmed to have mega evolved in the anime (such as Blaziken or Lucario) or will bring back Heracross or Charizard.

Either that, or Ash uses Mega Evolution in a movie and doesn't in the anime. I don't see that as more likely than the above, though.

It will obviously be Charizard. It was brought back in BW first for little kids

I wonder how much of a role Blaziken Mask will play in this whole thing. And I'm still wondering whether the Mega Ring is used or if this Mega Evolution thing will be dealt with as something natural in the anime as opposed to having to do with Mega Ring and Mega Stones.

If they keep up his anonymity, then I'm assuming a big role. He does seem to know the mechanics of Mega Evolution a bit well...

RVD_fan

I don't see what the problem is with him catching a new non-Kalos Pokemon for the Mega Evolution, it wouldn't be any different than with Gligar in DP. Past that, Kalos has so few new Pokemon that there probably aren't enough to go around for the main group anyway.

If they do the Lucario thing from the games, I could certainly see Ash beating Korrina, then returning Lucario back to her, saying it's still hers. Seems like a very Ash thing to do.

If they do the Lucario thing from the games, I could certainly see Ash beating Korrina, then returning Lucario back to her, saying it's still hers. Seems like a very Ash thing to do.

I'd be upset, then. It's been long overdue for Ash to own a Lucario as his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.