• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Mega Evolutions in the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If they do the Lucario thing from the games, I could certainly see Ash beating Korrina, then returning Lucario back to her, saying it's still hers. Seems like a very Ash thing to do.

Unless the "headstrong" bit and the "I see your potential and so I want you to have me instead of this crazy roller skater girl" bit aren't there for one of the Lucario, that is.

jake279

Ice Master
If Ash obtains his megaring in the anime the same way you do in game (from the professor) then I'll assume that Clemont and Serena get one too.

If so, I reckon Ash will get MegaCharizard Y but not 'til the league.
I can see Serena with MegaMawile if any.
And also, Clemont with MegaElectrike.

As for the others....
MegaGarchomp could debut in a Cynthia cameo
MegaBlaziken has already been shown, seems it will play a part in story later on
MegaVenusaur could debut in a May cameo (or professors lab)
MegaBlastoise could debut in a Gary cameo (or professors lab)
MegaGardevoir will most probably debut when Champion Diantha does
MegaLucario will definitely debut as they do in game and Ash may receive one
One will probably debut in the same episode that Ash meets the professor and learns about megaevolution. I can't see them not showing one. (Venusaur, Blastoise or other)

The rest may show up in random battles such as at the league, or not at all. But quite a few have relevant ways to be debuted in the anime

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think that both mega evolutions of Charizard will appear in the anime. I think Ash's Charizard will get one of the forms while either a cotd or a recurring character will get the other form. I think Serena has a small chance of getting one too, if she gets a Charmander, but that's highly doubtful imo.

If Ash obtains his megaring in the anime the same way you do in game (from the professor) then I'll assume that Clemont and Serena get one too.

If so, I reckon Ash will get MegaCharizard Y but not 'til the league.
I can see Serena with MegaMawile if any.
And also, Clemont with MegaElectrike.

As for the others....
MegaGarchomp could debut in a Cynthia cameo
MegaBlaziken has already been shown, seems it will play a part in story later on
MegaVenusaur could debut in a May cameo (or professors lab)
MegaBlastoise could debut in a Gary cameo (or professors lab)
MegaGardevoir will most probably debut when Champion Diantha does
MegaLucario will definitely debut as they do in game and Ash may receive one
One will probably debut in the same episode that Ash meets the professor and learns about megaevolution. I can't see them not showing one. (Venusaur, Blastoise or other)

The rest may show up in random battles such as at the league, or not at all. But quite a few have relevant ways to be debuted in the anime

Sounds like pretty good assumptions right there! Although, I must add that Ash already met Sycamore in XY002 and learned about Mega Evolution (unless you were talking about another potential episode).

I really have a feeling Ash's Charizard will get the Y Mega Evolution, while the X Mega Evolution will be debuted with a different Charizard. (Maybe the rival of Ash's Charizard?) :D

ysmr97

I'd like to see them as recurring characters (like Blaziken) or belong to COTD. I have a bad feeling that Ash is gunna readd Charizard AGAIN for the sake of MegaEvolution >.<

Sprinter1988

I can see Sycamore's Garchomp mega-evolving. I can also see Ash at least directing it in battle at some point as the two seemed to develop some level of friendship. In fact I'd like to see Ash and Mega Garchomp battling Lysandre and his Mega Gyarados.

If Ash were to get a mega pokemon, then I think that Mega Charizard (X or Y) is the most likely, with Heracross following on close behind.

Regarding the odds of him catching further pokemon to mega evolve, I honestly can't say for certain. Everyone seems to think it will be Lucario, but I've had enough of that pokemon, especially after the whole Cameron fiasco at the Unova League. Personally I'd like to see Ash get a Gengar that can mega-evolve. It seems to fit him. Also Absol, though that may go to Serena... maybe.

Korrina will definitely have Mega Lucario though, and I think that Mega Gardevoir is guranteed to appear, but only if Diantha does.

Any others are up in the air, but I am fully expecting that a Meg Pokemon of some kind will be used as the main pokemon owned by the trainer who knocks Ash out of the league (he's gonna lose it one way or another, so he might as well lose to a Mega!)

Status
Not open for further replies.