• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Mega Evolutions in the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icaughta...

Gimme Salamence
Wait, which was the third one? I know we've gotten Blaziken and Lucario (though I don't think we should count 5 seconds of screentime in the OP, myself- wait until it actually appears in the show).
Wasn't it Garchomp?

Icaughta...

Gimme Salamence
Pretty obvious they'll become Pokemon of the day since-
X and Y have very few actual new pokemon.

They really can't afford to skip any of them.
You have a point there.
Than again, they are using old Pokemon in the games, so why not use those as highlights in the show instead of Mega Evolutions?

Last edited:

Hawk117

A person said earlier that based upon ash's encounters with lucario, that he'd be a good candidate for ash to use. I kind of agree here, but he has also bonded with mewtwo as well, so he'd make a great candidate as well, wouldn't he?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The chances of Ash getting a Lucario will be cemented as soon as he enters Route 5 and finds the unique-looking rollerskater girl having an argument with two Lucario next to the skate park, and then one of them gives him this hard, stoic look... One of them has to leave her.

Or we all get trolled and Serena winds up getting it.

Or Clemont.

Or...Bonnie.

In fact, does it change anything if all three get Mega Rings?

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Taking advantage of this thread, I want to comment something curious. None of the Pokemon who has been revealed to have a MegaEvolution is one which evolves through an Evolutionary Stone. It makes me suspect that, if these Pokemon can have a MegaEvolution, they would be like they "previous evolutionary stage".

I'll explain it, if Pikachu has a MegaEvolution, he would turn into Raichu; but thanks to the MegaEvolution's nature, at the end of the battle, it would turn back into Pikachu. The Evolutionary Stones would then be something used to keep this "MegaEvolution" as permanent. What do you think of this hyphotesis? Would you like to see Ash's Pikachu with this power? After all, it wouldn't be a permanent evolution.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'll explain it, if Pikachu has a MegaEvolution, he would turn into Raichu; but thanks to the MegaEvolution's nature, at the end of the battle, it would turn back into Pikachu. The Evolutionary Stones would then be something used to keep this "MegaEvolution" as permanent. What do you think of this hyphotesis? Would you like to see Ash's Pikachu with this power? After all, it wouldn't be a permanent evolution.

MAN, if fully evolved Pokémon didn't give people a Digimon feeling, this surely will.

MattySadler

I wouldn't like to see non-fully evolved Pokemon being able to Mega Evolve.

Banjogeek

Pikachu doesn't have a Megaevolution.So I think either Ash's charizard will mega evolve.Serena could also get a Absol like in the game and it could mega evolve.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Pikachu doesn't have a Megaevolution.So I think either Ash's charizard will mega evolve.Serena could also get a Absol like in the game and it could mega evolve.

having had charizard come back last gen i think it will be another pokemon. Maybe he will evolve gible or squirtle or bulbasaur so he can mega evolve them. He may just catch a new pokemon.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Still think it's gonna be MegaZardY for Ash in the League. He IS the original powerhouse of Ash's team not named Pikachu after all.

Luthor

If there is one megaevolution i'd want to see in the anime it would be MegaHoundoom(it looks awesome) but i wonder if it will get an appearance at all.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
personally I am wondering if they will give ash the ability to mega evolve his pokemon, I doubt it because it would require that the writers let ash use his older pokemon or at least catch old pokemon(not bashing just guessing)

~Sea_Spirit~

Prince of the Sea
personally I am wondering if they will give ash the ability to mega evolve his pokemon, I doubt it because it would require that the writers let ash use his older pokemon or at least catch old pokemon(not bashing just guessing)

If they let one of Ash's pokemon get a mega evo at all it will probably by accident. As professor Sycamore said the concept of mega evolution is still being researched and they still don't know what exactly triggers it.

Even if by some way one of Ash's pokemon mega evolve it might just be his Heracross because Charizard already came back, Squirtle and Bulbasuar aren't even fully evolved, and he has a strong bond with it. Although I could be wrong

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's a given they need to make many characters in the anime have at least one Mega Pokémon to show them all (and still laugh at the Porygon line for never having a canon appearance...well, beyond Porygon). There's no way they can work it out with just a few people or else Ash would have like ten Megas. Most likely, Clemont is getting an Ampharos, Serena would be getting an Absol (somehow), and Ash would probably have like three at best but one at worst.

If they let one of Ash's pokemon get a mega evo at all it will probably by accident. As professor Sycamore said the concept of mega evolution is still being researched and they still don't know what exactly triggers it.

Tell that to Korrina.

~Sea_Spirit~

Prince of the Sea
Tell that to Korrina.

I'm talking about the pokemon researchers in the ANIME. They tried to jump start mega evolution with a machine! Its true that in the anime korrina (who hasn't debuted yet) might know something about mega evolution but I don't think she knows that much. This is just my opinion

Maybe Ash will meet that lucario in the opening, bond with it and release him in the end just before the league, and it will be his only Mega until the league where Charizard comes and by a miracle from nowhere he has a Mega-stone and destroy everything in that league.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
Maybe Ash will meet that lucario in the opening, bond with it and release him in the end just before the league, and it will be his only Mega until the league where Charizard comes and by a miracle from nowhere he has a Mega-stone and destroy everything in that league.

Why in the heck would he release a Mega Lucario, especially before the league? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on this site and that's saying a lot.

Either he gets one of Korrina's Lucario, Gible, Bulbasaur or Squirtle evolves, Heracross or Charizard goes Mega or they just let him capture a previous gen pokemon.

Why in the heck would he release a Mega Lucario, especially before the league? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on this site and that's saying a lot.
Either he gets one of Korrina's Lucario, Gible, Bulbasaur or Squirtle evolves, Heracross or Charizard goes Mega or they just let him capture a previous gen pokemon.

When I said releasing i was thinking storywise because the anime is NOT the game.
That Lucario could only help the heroes against team Flare and then it would want his freedom, heck i don't know....
Man,We don't know almost anything from this subject so i'm only saying this hypothesis from Ten Thousand billion possibilities...

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Personally I believe that the Mega Blaziken Man will also own a Mega Lucario (the one shown on the XY anime poster). I know Korrina has a Lucario that can mega evolve, but I don't think people will want to wait until that point to see Mega Lucario. Also, I suppose that if Ash has to mega evolve one of his Pokemon, it may as well be Charizard. I'm not a huge Charizard fan but at least it's more likely than Ash evolving Bulbasaur twice just to get Mega Venusaur.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
When I said releasing i was thinking storywise because the anime is NOT the game.
That Lucario could only help the heroes against team Flare and then it would want his freedom, heck i don't know....
Man,We don't know almost anything from this subject so i'm only saying this hypothesis from Ten Thousand billion possibilities...

Well, quite frankly, your hypothesis makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.