• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding our selection process

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to say, instead of doing random ones, do popular pokemon for a week, maybe a few, then crap pokemon some time after.

And besides, if people get frustrated, they don't have to be a part of this.

jamez292

Pyro Loving Trainer
I'm sorry, but I do have to agree with Reno and Serebii. I've been using the site for years (I know I only just registered for the forums but...) and if all the awesome Poke's had been done straight away, I probably would only come and check what levels moves are learned etc.
PotW keeps me coming back and gives me new ideas on how to build a team that I find interesting, not what everyone else has, and doing random Poke's each week helps me do that.

You guys could switch the tier every week, say it would go Uber, OU, BL, UU, NU. Then people would have something new every week.
I definetely have to agree with Mudkip8003. That'd be a very good idea.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
I agree with Serebii and Reno, but all I'm saying is, "You can't please everyone.

BUT!!! If Pokémon of the Week WERE to be multiples, perhaps once a month, it could be Pokémon with movesets that interlock and work together (i.e Marowak & Togekiss) for double or triple battles. Just an idea.

Epicpip

My stache' is better
It was just a suggestion

Anyway, I think that the RNG is just fine. Maybe you could do every now and then an "Anniversary Pokemon", like do Arceus or Dialga the week that they were leaked 4 or so years ago.

ToxinTheGreat

Epic Guy Of Epicness
I have only been Using serebii (Website) For 2 Years Now and I LOVE The POTW The Insights are Helpful and I love It. As For the Topic I agree with Serebii and That We shouldnt have Voting. It keeps The Essence of surprise And That is What I love. Oh and Serebii you May need To change The Names in the POTW, Mainly Roobushin to his New Name. Just sayin'

Firebrand

Indomitable
Why not just put all the names we could theoretically use into random.com or something, and each time one is selected, take it out of the pool. That way, we completely take out human error/preference, and if we have luvdisc, then unown, then some other crap pokemon all in a row, no one could complain, really.
It would also mean that it was always a surprise. However, I don't know how much work that would be for Reno.

Epicpip

My stache' is better
That's just like the random number generator...

garchompkid

I think we should do smegrle as it is awsome and can learn any move

Epicpip

My stache' is better
I don't believe that is on topic... we're talking about HOW to choose, not WHO to choose...

Anyhow, the combining pokemon idea is good. It would save time. Like, people not on the forum are like "Who's next?" And it's like "Unown" and they're like "Oh... so nothing".

Reno

so adorable...
combining entries would lead to complaining that the pokemon didn't get its own review, not to mention a much much longer article considering it'd be joint.

serebii and I have worked out an interesting idea though, and that'll likely happen at some point. I don't know if he wants to spoil it, so I won't say anything more. it's cool though.

PokeRaleigh

I've been reading this website for several years (reading POTW since back in 3rd generation), but this is my first post. I want to thank the folks that have been providing the POTW updates. I have utilized several of them when personalizing and creating my individuals pokemon.

The only comment that I have to present is a thanks for 'Machamp'. I was waiting and waiting for that one in the 4th generation and it never came before 5th generation updates started. So the only recommendation that I would have is that if a random pokemon wasn't chosen, a pokemon that wasn't featured in the 4th generation be chosen over ones that were chosen in the POTW feature.

Again, thanks.

garchompkid

i still think we should cut the random for one week and do smegrle

I don't believe that is on topic... we're talking about HOW to choose, not WHO to choose...

anyway i am dyslexic (posible spelling error) and how/who have the same 3 letters!

Last edited:

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
I agree in this point. I also think we should try to cover pokemon who were not covered in the 4th generation. Venasaur, Arcticuno, Swalot, Tentacruel, Uxie, Breloom, and Hitmonlee come to mind. I have a lv. 100 bulbasaur, so I've been looking for a good moveset for it.

garchompkid

I agree in this point. I also think we should try to cover pokemon who were not covered in the 4th generation. Venasaur, Arcticuno, Swalot, Tentacruel, Uxie, Breloom, and Hitmonlee come to mind. I have a lv. 100 bulbasaur, so I've been looking for a good moveset for it.

i must agree the last time some of these were covered was 2004! ;235;

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Thanks garchompkid. I forgot omastar, gorebyess, Regirock, Latias, and Mightyena. Just in case anyone in the POTW collaberation team is listing.(hint hint)

garchompkid

Thanks garchompkid. I forgot omastar, gorebyess, Regirock, Latias, and Mightyena. Just in case anyone in the POTW collaberation team is listing.(hint hint)

yes i agree, plus they should do a different type every week and different tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.