• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding our selection process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-evolution corners are only really viable when the pre-evolution is different in strategy to the evolution. Otherwise all you have is a weaker version of the evolution

There's also Little Cup, and lower tiers.

There's also Little Cup, and lower tiers.

im going to say i will be agreeing with Blue Harvest some of the pre-evos are better battlers even look at dusclops which is a better wall than duscnoir

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Now, I don't have an issue with the selection process. What I do have an issue with is Serebii going against it just because he claims we haven't covered anything good in weeks. And we were about to do Weezing. Weezing! Weezing's good!'

(OK, my main problem concerns the fact that it's Weezing that was skipped over, but my point is still valid)
We had like 5 straight weeks planned of medicore Pokémon. Don't worry, I slotted Weezing in for the next batch I RNG :)

Skegs

I have a question: When Black 2 and White 2 come out, and let's say they have tutors, would we have to change many of the articles?

Still, that's not full coverage.

I'm doing pre evolution corner for every Pokemon that evolves.

I have a question: When Black 2 and White 2 come out, and let's say they have tutors, would we have to change many of the articles?

Technically we already should change some of the older articles as many are outdated. I'm thinking of setting up a POTW workshop where people can edit older ones. Reno agreed to do it after a year and its been a year, plus Reno is gone now anyway.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Technically we already should change some of the older articles as many are outdated. I'm thinking of setting up a POTW workshop where people can edit older ones. Reno agreed to do it after a year and its been a year, plus Reno is gone now anyway.

That would be good. I can imagine if pokemon weren't confined to certain weeks, people would enjoy it more and the readers would get more out of it.

Also, maybe the pokemon are announced a bit earlier? This gives people a bit more time to work on sets.

And by 'not full coverage' I mean that you don't have the sets. Some people can't do EVs properly, and it can all get a bit messy. But I know you're rushed bh, so maybe pre evelution corner should be written by someone else. Trouble is finding someone good at LC and OU (some pre evos can be viable in OU) who is reliable enough to write them.

Last edited:
Actually I have started doing the sets. Roserade had full set listings for its pre-evolutions. I play enough LC to BS out sets. Even so Big Beluga said he may start doing some which would be nice because I think LC is a stupid tier.

lol why does everyone think I'm overworked. Its called being lazy.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I'm doing pre evolution corner for every Pokemon that evolves.

Can I just say that as some of the PotWs are out of date, I feel that leaving them until B2W2 are out is the more prudent course of action, so we don't have to redo them twice :)

Eeveeguru

I agree that i missed some of the pokemon i would like covered last gen, but wouldn't it sound weard with "The 2 pokemons of the week"? Then it would even need an name change + it would bring extra work for reno.

Yes, but Pokemon is both plural and singular, so it could stay "Pokemon of the Week" and still be correct. Its not like a different title is used when they have multiple Pokemon of the Week anyways, why would they start now? ;133; ;134; ;135; ;136; ;196; ;197; ;470; ;471;

Kraleck

Could there be the possibility of adding a section for illegal Move/Ability combos? For example:

PotW Hydreigon
(New Section) Illegal Movesets:
-Earth Power, Head Smash, or Astonish + Any other Egg Move (list of the other Egg Moves)
-Assurance + Any other Egg Move except Dark Pulse (put the reason for the exception, in this case Gen 4 Pokemon's Egg Move (Seviper's Assurance) + Gen 4 TM Move (Dark Pulse))

-OR-

Mamoswine
Illegal Movesets:
-Thick Fat + Egg Moves (only released as a Male Event Pokemon)

...what do you think?

Seriously? No mention whatsoever of Super Fang + Brine on Huntail's page?

No because its bad lol.

Could there be the possibility of adding a section for illegal Move/Ability combos? For example:

PotW Hydreigon
(New Section) Illegal Movesets:
-Earth Power, Head Smash, or Astonish + Any other Egg Move (list of the other Egg Moves)
-Assurance + Any other Egg Move except Dark Pulse (put the reason for the exception, in this case Gen 4 Pokemon's Egg Move (Seviper's Assurance) + Gen 4 TM Move (Dark Pulse))

-OR-

Mamoswine
Illegal Movesets:
-Thick Fat + Egg Moves (only released as a Male Event Pokemon)

...what do you think?

Maybe. I'll check with Serebii since its an interesting idea. I already mention the important illegal combinations but I'm not sure if anyone really cares if Astonish is usable with other egg moves.

Kraleck

Maybe. I'll check with Serebii since its an interesting idea. I already mention the important illegal combinations but I'm not sure if anyone really cares if Astonish is usable with other egg moves.

Again, just an example. I threw it in there just because it was illegal with every other Egg Move Hydreigon has. The point wasn't that anyone would use Astonish on it at all, just that it's there in Illegal Movesets for completion's sake.

Thanks, though. Many thanks.

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
so a competitive team only has four Pokémon? because going from Pokémon of the week they have one of the choice items or life orb or they are not valid and competitive play.

I say we put an offense of normal type in the spotlight. Proygon Z maybe.

so a competitive team only has four Pokémon? because going from Pokémon of the week they have one of the choice items or life orb or they are not valid and competitive play.

Huh? What do you want me to do, explain the endless merits of Thrash Persim Berry Eelectross? POTW is about the best sets a Pokemon can viably run. Sorry to say but most Pokemon find a choice item, Life Orb, or Leftovers most useful in the item slot. SOME Pokemon make better use of Focus Sash, Expert Belt, Lum Berry, Sitrus Berry, Chesto Berry and so on but the recent POTW have been offensive in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.