• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding our selection process

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
The RNG seems to be pretty fair: There have been
1 first gen poke
2 second gen pokes
1 third gen poke
1 fourth gen poke
and 1 fifth gen poke
so far (the first six)

Half of them have been pseudolegendaries, but I'm not complaining.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
We haven't kicked into the random generator yet to be fair :p That starts March 20th

I was wondering if (I know it's a random selection)but if there could be a few more Generation V Pokemon?
The thing is, while yes I appreciate you want more Gen V strategies, we have to spread this out over the 4 years that this generation will last. If we do all 82 competitively viable Gen Vs now (albeit taking a year and a half), it'd mean we don't have much new for the other 2 and a half years.

Rest assured, the RNG has spat out a good portion of Gen Vs in the ones decided between now and the end of July

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
I jus thought of this, but will pokemon be re-featured if they get huge revamps as the generation goes on? I was dissapointed that Scizor did not get a post-Platinum feature (it got so much). In particular, I am thinking of Kyurem (he has two unreleased moves and a potential alternate forme in the third Gen V game).

garchompkid

i know you haven't used it yet but you should use the RNG as OU and Uber pokemon are getting boring

Last edited:

ASB

Weather Team Hater
Would I be asking too much if I asked for a direct link to the pokédex page in the first post of the week's potw discussion thread, and perhaps in the POtW feature as well? Nobody wants to go to the pokedex and try to find the pokemon, and it wouldn't be too hard to do.

garchompkid

yeah i think thats a good idea

Altaria Mist

Illumise=PWNAGE!!!!!
Couldn't find somewhere else to put this, so I'll just say POtW #7 has incorrectly stated Shell Break is -2 on Defense and Sp. Defense. it's -1. This has been thoroughly confirmed by Smogon multiple times, so probably change it if possible. Also seconding the idea of the RNG for the next POtW, unless you're doing Emboar and Samurott. it'd be cool to have an Unfezant or Leavanny analysis!

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Couldn't find somewhere else to put this, so I'll just say POtW #7 has incorrectly stated Shell Break is -2 on Defense and Sp. Defense. it's -1. This has been thoroughly confirmed by Smogon multiple times, so probably change it if possible. Also seconding the idea of the RNG for the next POtW, unless you're doing Emboar and Samurott. it'd be cool to have an Unfezant or Leavanny analysis!

Seconding the fact that it's -1 to both stats, not -2.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
I just hope they do venusaur soon. I have one but all the movsets i found are leech seed, SL powder, PO powder, and E ball

garchompkid

please do pokemon that didn't get a week last gen!

i am willing to get down on my knees and beg!

Epicpip

My stache' is better
Do some starters! They got some new moves, like the Oaths and... yea. It would be interesting to see them again! Also, some starters didn't make the POTW last generation, so please do those ones.

garchompkid

starters are boring, do gimick pokemon

13_luckynumber

Can the next POTW be Lapras ? With its Dream World Hydration and bulkiness, I think it can rock this generation. Imagine the combo of Dragon Dance + Hydration + Rest + Rain.

garchompkid

can we do dialaga for the week of friday 28 october?

because it's matt smiths bithday (and mine) on that day

(matt smith plays doctor who)

Status
Not open for further replies.