• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding our selection process

Status
Not open for further replies.

twcopal

Bug Catcher
Honestly, today being the 15th pokemon annaversarry, they should do pikachu, the 15 yr old "mascot of pokemon"

garchompkid

i mean other gimick pokemon

Reno

so adorable...
can you all shut up?

this isn't a REQUEST THE POTW thread.

it was made to say why 5th gen pokemon weren't being done.

metafruit

prevolutions

I think that pre evolutions should be included to if people write them. They don't need to be a Pokémon of the day, but they can still be added to the list of previous Pokémon of the day.

Examples: :172bros: and ;037;

a couple of my favorite because of the shiny pichu.

TheAwesomeOne

We should do to Pokémon of the Week(?) twice each week, if you can understand what I am saying.
Most of the sets that are in the actual summary are posted within the first 3 days, so having on out on Monday, and one out on Thursday would work. But then you would have to change the title to something else.

Haru Glory

Rave Master
We should do to Pokémon of the Week(?) twice each week, if you can understand what I am saying.
Most of the sets that are in the actual summary are posted within the first 3 days, so having on out on Monday, and one out on Thursday would work. But then you would have to change the title to something else.

He has just to put the plural to the title.
Anyways, stop asking about some 5th Gen Pokès, next will surely be Emboar and Samurott, and maybe Stoutland, just to not spoil all the new Pokès.
At a certain point, they will surely start to make new and old Pokès, don't worry.
That's my view point.

garchompkid

if this is about why you aren't doing gen v pokemon then you should close it as you are.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I think that pre evolutions should be included to if people write them. They don't need to be a Pokémon of the day, but they can still be added to the list of previous Pokémon of the day.

Examples: :172bros: and ;037;

a couple of my favorite because of the shiny pichu.
We have pre-evos listed when they're viable

TheAwesomeOne

Well, I think that after we do the starters, we should just go straight into the Random Number Generator since the game comes out next week.

garchompkid

Well, I think that after we do the starters, we should just go straight into the Random Number Generator since the game comes out next week.

the games are out and i had it on the day you posted that

TheAwesomeOne

BTW, The plural of Pokémon is.......
Pokémon.

I know, fascinating.

And I wasn't aware when Black and White were going to be released.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Honestly, today being the 15th pokemon annaversarry, they should do pikachu, the 15 yr old "mascot of pokemon"

Pokemon of the WEEK.

Not day.

Though Raichu with Pikachu in the pre-evo corner would be cool. Start praying to the Random Number God Generator.

Fox Reeveheart

First BW shiny!
I been looking at PotW for a few years now, but I would like to see some pokemon that never got any attention from the 4th gen PotW

An example...ummm.. Gastrodon. Not any sort of preference, infact I've never had a gastrodon ever. I noticed he doesn't have a PotW article, so how about one for this guy? And i'm sure there are others that never got the chance as well.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I been looking at PotW for a few years now, but I would like to see some pokemon that never got any attention from the 4th gen PotW

An example...ummm.. Gastrodon. Not any sort of preference, infact I've never had a gastrodon ever. I noticed he doesn't have a PotW article, so how about one for this guy? And i'm sure there are others that never got the chance as well.
Ones which weren't done, or were done but long before Platinum tutors, have a higher priority in the RNG

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
^^That makes sense. Just a question, does that include Marowak (2007) and/or Venusaur (3rd Gen, ~2004)?

Krookodile

5 Gen trainer
I think this is a good dusknoir
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Toxic
Protect
Hex/Shadow punch
Pain split/Will-o-wisp/Brick break
It uses toxic and protects so toxic does damage and it restores HP plus, when the other pokemon attacks, pressure will take away extra PP, hex works well with toxic but shadow punch works with high attack. Pain split restores even more HP, will-o-wisp works for poison or steel types, and brick break combined with the ghost move isn't resisted by anything

metafruit

prevolutions

Even if the prevolutions wont be featured as a Pokemon of the week I still would like to have a separate competitive battling page for them.

Also we need a thread for these prevolutions so they can be made. I suggest that these are more choice Pokemon as they don't need to be staggered like the Pokemon of the week Pokemon.

I plan on writing up all the information for Vulpix, I will probably post it within a month.
;037;

potw

Usually I do not mind the RNG, even if its a pokemon I dont ever use or plan on using I still tend to read them curiosity. I think it's a good system once the game has been out for a while. However, since B&W just came out I personally think that some of the firsts should be "interesting" pokemon, for example I like the Machamp POTW, he wasnt done last gen and is a viable OU, which is what most people play. But when I got on to check who this weeks is and saw it was snorlax i admit I was disappointed. He had a POTW last generation and pretty much since his arrival in 1st gen he has never really changed.

So my suggestion would be to go through and take out the numbers of pokemon like snorlax (for now) where their POTWs would be almost cut and paste from last gens and give priority to those who werent covered last gen and 5th gen. I personally like the cycling the tier idea, and perhaps the 2 per week. If this gens POTW is like last gen, I know i at least be on Smogon a lot more then here because they covered all pokemon but some of the NFE and updated the sets

Last edited:

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Just a question, if the RNG spouts out the number of a NFE, like Sneasel, would you go straight to Weavile?

Status
Not open for further replies.