• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding our selection process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Just a question, if the RNG spouts out the number of a NFE, like Sneasel, would you go straight to Weavile?
RNG runs off a set of numbers I created. This set of numbers, 327 I believe, just denote final evolutions/standalones

TheAwesomeOne

I think this is a good dusknoir
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Toxic
Protect
Hex/Shadow punch
Pain split/Will-o-wisp/Brick break
It uses toxic and protects so toxic does damage and it restores HP plus, when the other pokemon attacks, pressure will take away extra PP, hex works well with toxic but shadow punch works with high attack. Pain split restores even more HP, will-o-wisp works for poison or steel types, and brick break combined with the ghost move isn't resisted by anything

This is not the place to be posting this.
And pre-evolutions will be only for the commonly used ones, correct me if I'm wrong though.

MaverickHall2

I know that i've been disappointed with the Pokemon of the Week set up for a long while now... I don't normally log into the forums and post, but I visit Serebii.net almost daily! With the exception of the 3 starter pokemon for Generation 5 thus far, i've been disappointed with the lack of 5th gen coverage! We went from the 3 starters to freakin' 1st gen Snorlax... that has pretty much been the same since gen 3, but has gotten progressively worse. I think, if you want to keep peoples intrest in the Pokemon of the Week, that a 5th Gen pokemon should be covered every other week, since Black and White are still fairly new... that way some of the new pokemon get covered, but the previous generations still get recognition.... Just sayin....

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I know that i've been disappointed with the Pokemon of the Week set up for a long while now... I don't normally log into the forums and post, but I visit Serebii.net almost daily! With the exception of the 3 starter pokemon for Generation 5 thus far, i've been disappointed with the lack of 5th gen coverage! We went from the 3 starters to freakin' 1st gen Snorlax... that has pretty much been the same since gen 3, but has gotten progressively worse. I think, if you want to keep peoples intrest in the Pokemon of the Week, that a 5th Gen pokemon should be covered every other week, since Black and White are still fairly new... that way some of the new pokemon get covered, but the previous generations still get recognition.... Just sayin....

Well Darmanitan is this week, and I am positive that Gen V will get more coverage than the other gens by far. You just need to be patient.

Krookodile

5 Gen trainer
i think you should do krookodile or hydreigon they're amazing, so are chandelure, volcarona, zebstrika, and excadrill (that's my team)

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
i think you should do krookodile or hydreigon they're amazing, so are chandelure, volcarona, zebstrika, and excadrill (that's my team)

There are no requests here, it's random and they can't blow all the good pokemon by doing it all at the beginning, that ruins the rest of the experience.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
If we were to do that, we'd end up with about a year and a half or more of no Gen Vs at all. While yes, we all want Gen V sets, you need to think of the big picture

JOL

I have been visiting this website for about 3 years and do enjoy Pokemon of the Week. How about if you alternate between a gen V Pokemon and a classic Pokemon. This would keep the people that want the details on the new beasts (or in some cases not) and the people that want to see how some of the golden oldies have improved. It will still take 3 years in that system and will be a nice balance between old and new. Just an idea...

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
I have been visiting this website for about 3 years and do enjoy Pokemon of the Week. How about if you alternate between a gen V Pokemon and a classic Pokemon. This would keep the people that want the details on the new beasts (or in some cases not) and the people that want to see how some of the golden oldies have improved. It will still take 3 years in that system and will be a nice balance between old and new. Just an idea...

Rotating from old to new for a couple of months wouldn't hurt. When everbody has gotten used to the 5th gen, then that could be dropped and older ones or randomness could be done. That way, it gives people their dose of Gen V until they are forced to concede that they've gotten used to it.

Absol seemed kinda random, but randomness is nice in a while.

Abcd

Bringer Of Death
I'd be happy with just doing a Unova Pokémon a bit more commonly. That's my only request, because currently those are the ones with the greatest demand for movesets and stuff. Just one every 2-3 weeks would be great.

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
Are you sure your not going to combine any articles? I thought it would be cool to combine the three elemental monkeys. Just because they're so similar.... but idk.

Iceydude168

Hm... there are several NU Pokemon I would like to see done, namely Liepard and Ninjask (Ninjask is NU in Pokemon Online Beta server). Also, Octillery is so great as a booster / boost-receiver, as the boosts can't be roared away. That would be great too.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
hay I was wanting to know when Conkeldurr or Ferrothorn would be POTW??? PM me please:)

Ohitsdylan

I still believe that it should only cover the newest pokemon generation first
Like only pick pokemon from the 5th gen until the whole 5th pokedex is in potw
Then go back to the other 400+ pokemon : P

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru

If that happens, then a minuscule number of older Pokemon will be covered. The older Pokemon that got bonuses can't be ignored.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Again, if we did that, it'd be off balance for the rest of the 4 years of this generation

Status
Not open for further replies.