• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding our selection process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
My oppinion: Each pokemon has it's competitive value no matter how mediocre or pitiful it is.

Inclined though I am to agree with you, I can't ignore the continuing existence of Luvdisc.

EDIT:
Black Kyurem & White Kyurem are to be dealt with at a later date
Serebii, please tell me that by "a later date", you don't mean this coming Sunday. I'd like to get back to the ordinary RNG-produced picks for the POTW.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Inclined though I am to agree with you, I can't ignore the continuing existence of Luvdisc.

EDIT:

Serebii, please tell me that by "a later date", you don't mean this coming Sunday. I'd like to get back to the ordinary RNG-produced picks for the POTW.

Later date being October 7th :)

We have one more of the movie tie-ins then we're back on the RNG. For one week in August, the RNG selected a Pokémon we had set aside for a special theme week so we'll be doing that week then :)

XCWarrior

Can't wait until the end of all the uber tier, most of the time banned, Pokemon of the Week. I'm actually looking forward to a few lesser used Pokes to be spotlighted.

Like, can anyone make a good Beedrill or say a Tropius? That be neat.

Vandslaux

As in, B/W Kyurem are going to be done when B/W2 comes out in NA?

This is a stupid question but is it possible to make a seperate thread for the puns as we are talking about the pokemon and not jokes of it?

I don't think it's really necessary. One thread should be more than enough to discuss potential sets and puns for the POTW. Besides, most viable sets for a Pokemon end up being mentioned in the first couple of days anyways, so the rest of the week can be spent deciding on puns to use for the write-up.

Locnlo

Hello....
If you're talking about the normal type idea, maybe Kangaskhan or Lopunny would be nice. Or perhaps Slaking is a good idea.

Last edited:
I appreciate people who love poems of different kinds and types. I am a poet and also love poetry and songs. If you are the one who is in need of beautiful phrases, then in that case I would request you to take help of mine for it. I love to write and in writing poems, I use different kinds of exaggerations and metaphors.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
You know, I wonder what would be the other special groups after electric rodent week if they can come on the possible next RNG?

-Common Bug Week (Butterfree family, Wurmple Family, Burmy Family, Beedrill Family)
-Common Normal Type week (Ratata family,Sentret Family, Zigzagoon Family, Bidoof Family, Minccino Family, Patrat Family, Stoutland Family)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Would it be possible to do a Starters Week. We have a total of 15 starters from 5 generations, out of which the 3 Unova ones have been already covered (though not updated with the B2W2 games) and Venusaur is being covered in POTW #88. Also there are still a lot of other pokemons to cover, and with the official release of the last 5th gen pokemon (i.e., Genesect), it does seem like the next main series game would most likely be a 6th gen game (i don't see the possibility of an RS remake at this point). games

So, wouldn't it be better to cover all the remaining starters in a weeks special.

Trying to cover the starters in one week would be pretty excessive. Remember that Electric Rodent Week was only 6 Pokemon, and BH was already bogged down enough by that. Trying to cover a ton of starters would just he too much.

I don't see a problem with maybe covering each Gen's starters in a series (i.e. do Blastoise and Charizard in the next two weeks), but unless Serebii already has something like that planned, it's more likely that we'll just get to them as the RNG picks them.

Ahaha, if Serebii ever made me do "starters week" I would buy a plane ticket to England just to punch him.

R/B/Y Starters week would be possible, on the anniversary of R/B being released but we're doing Venusaur this week.

Ilan

Ahaha, if Serebii ever made me do "starters week" I would buy a plane ticket to England just to punch him.

R/B/Y Starters week would be possible, on the anniversary of R/B being released but we're doing Venusaur this week.

Starter week- 12 entries (since gen 5 were done before..) and that's suicide!
A 1 trick pony pokemon week wobbufett,unown,ditto,magikarp all of them have like... 1 set is more normal choice..
Rodent week was okish since they were mosly useless anyway..

Do you need to do a revamp of some pokemons? some of them got new stuff in BW2 like eelektross got lots of physical options I don't mean do all of them but some notable ones..

I wonder what will happen if Arceus ill be choosen... he have 17 forms..

I'm ok with theme weeks, just not massive ones.

Remember it takes me about 2-4 hours to write each POTW article.

I wonder if Articuno is going to be a Potw this year,
It has been 8 years ago when he was in the spotlight of Potw!

I wonder if Articuno is going to be a Potw this year,
It has been 8 years ago when he was in the spotlight of Potw!

Edit: whoops!sorry,double post!
can someone delete this comment of me?

Vandslaux

Starter week wouldn't work, because we did Venusaur a week or two ago.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I was thinking that pokemon like Ninjask and Shednja could be merged since Ninjask has like, i dunno... 2 sets? Shednja isn't anywhere better, if I'm not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.