• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding our selection process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know it'll never happen, but I hope to see my old favorite Azumarill back on the PotW. It didn't make it on 4th gen, and it's received some wonderful new tools such as choice banded huge power, aqua jet, etc.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
sure that sounds great right...
but whatever. the PoTW is not my reason to join, follow, and visit seribii. i mean, come on ppl. give the hardworking dude some space! lol:D

SevenStarmie

what about supplementing new POTW with updates on previous POTW? That way you can continue in your current direction while featuring more than one pokemon at a time. I realize some pokemon haven't changed that much (if at all) but a few have and i think the extra content weekly could be welcome. This might have already been suggested too. thanks.

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
I think you should cover the legendaries, or maybe cover how theylearn the moves in their moveset.

dyabolick24

Hey guys you should rethink Charizard.... I mean running Solarpower means manipulate every nice spa that charizard gets. Keeping Timid Nature run: Fire Blast, Solarbeam, Focus blast, and HP electric. All weaknesses covered. Since u only use this in sunlight running a choice scarf is actually quite destructive..

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
There's not many Pokémon left to cover for 5th gen now, and I'm pretty sure it'll end soon for this generation of POTW. So yeah, if you just figure out what's already been done, you'll easily see the few left.

(And as a side note, most of the POTW entries are fully-evolved pokes, so there aren't many left at all.)

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
There's not many Pokémon left to cover for 5th gen now, and I'm pretty sure it'll end soon for this generation of POTW. So yeah, if you just figure out what's already been done, you'll easily see the few left.

(And as a side note, most of the POTW entries are fully-evolved pokes, so there aren't many left at all.)

Actually, as there are around 350 fully evolved pokemon (not including the alternate forms of anything), we haven't even hit a third of these pokemon, leaving plenty of possibilities open.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
And don't worry, we're planning spectacular things for Gen VI :)

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
What if you had a list that people choose who is on there and RNG that.
Because a big problem is that in 4th gen PotW is that a lot of people weird pokemon favorites didn't get picked.
Maybe for gen VI then.

And if you unlocked the old threads, say alakazam, that way if anyone ever came up with a amazing strategy they could post it there. You wouldn't have to update the page, but it would be helpful.
These are merely ideas that I thought of, (maybe someone else left these? IDK) just me trying to help improve the pokemon of the week.

appelpower

Sinnoh Champion
Aww... I honestly love the entries for stuff like Farfetch'd and Unown...

But I understand it. Keep up the PotW entries!

lokowoko

PokeBreeder
I still stand by by my decision to combine the Lumineon and Luvdisc PotW's, or at the very least combine Ditto/Unown/Wobbuffet due to either identical movepools or incredibly shallow moves.

This is done in order to conserve efficiency.

transform/ditto's hidden ability can be useful if you know how to use it

Mr. Timn

with an "n"!
Can Suicune please be the Pokemon of the Week for the last week of August? Please? Pretty please?

like killer draco said, the op states that the process is completely random and won't be voted on. personally, i'd like to see chatot done before pokemon x and y come out, but it's not going to happen unless the random number generator happens to pick it.

Tin-Tin-Alt

I would like to see a Regigigas or Articuno, but In the next week, Druddigon appears in the anime, he has a decent movepool and good attack.

Im sorry for my english....

Feeshy

muse of snark
I would love to see what people can think up for Lapras, but I'm probably not random number generator. Keyword is "Probably". XD

I can see why the number generator is used. If we chose the Pokemon, then all the good Pokemon would be done at from the start, and nearing the end of the generation, all that would be left would be the BU and NU Pokemon along with most of the UU Pokemon. It wouldn't be fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.