• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Pikachu getting weaker with every episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuddyBud

What's the deal. Isn't Pikachu supposed to be extremely overpowered that it would put the Hulk to shame? I guess Regice was a bootleg legendary. I'm not even gonna mention Paul's elekid since it's obvious fail, and even though people try hard to defend that episode, they know themselves that it is fail. Sho's Raichu... Lt. Surge must have just been an illusion.

I know I'm thinking too hard about this. And please don't pop out that anime=/=game thing that you all seem to love doing.

What's the deal. Isn't Pikachu supposed to be extremely overpowered that it would put the Hulk to shame? I guess Regice was a bootleg legendary. I'm not even gonna mention Paul's elekid since it's obvious fail, and even though people try hard to defend that episode, they know themselves that it is fail. Sho's Raichu... Lt. Surge must have just been an illusion.

I know I'm thinking too hard about this. And please don't pop out that anime=/=game thing that you all seem to love doing.

i agree 100%! pikachu can take out the kanto elite four, but it cant take out a stupid [insert random pokemon here]. i don't get it, PIKACHU IS LEVEL 100 BASICALLY! and it cant take out a freaking wild aipom. but i suppose that's just the fun of the show.

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
pikachu should be over lv 100 lol

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
^
Wa, waa, waaaaaaa.

Anyway, to quote myself;
Ash and Pikachu may be the main characters and all, but they're not the only characters in the pokémon world that have training for the amount of time they have, which means that there are obviously going to be a multitude of other people on the same level as them, or even higher. And not only that, but just like real humans and animals, I'm sure there is a certain point where various species of pokémon reach their limit in strength, a point where power increase becomes stagnant and they have to rely on their smarts instead.
I don't care how long he's been training Pikachu or how long he's been battling, I don't see any reason why someone like, I dunno...Roark, wouldn't be able to take him down.

true true. Pikachu was lv 100 maybe since Johto ended. well pikachu's are normally have weak defencse so that could be another sign. or maybe it got weaker since Ash used treeko alot in the hoenn series.

i have no idea how Ash can lose the championships when he was in Hoenn. he could the the chapion ages ago. *sigh*

mew801

i know, but i guess that what keeps the anime going. if pikachu was just winning all the time it wouldnt be fun.

VoltTacklingPika

Anime is not the same as the games - it's been said countless times! Why has it been said countless times? Because it's true and explains quite a few questions asked about Pokemon in general.

'Level 100' does not exist in the anime.

To say that Pikachu is getting weaker every episode goes against logic - since it battles almost constantly against strong people and Pokemon. It may get 'rusty' and 'tired', but not weaker.

Besides that, just about any Pokemon can beat any Pokemon with the right strategy in place. Plus other factors such as type advantage/disadvantage.

Anime is not the same as the games - it's been said countless times! Why has it been said countless times? Because it's true and explains quite a few questions asked about Pokemon in general.

'Level 100' does not exist in the anime.

To say that Pikachu is getting weaker every episode goes against logic - since it battles almost constantly against strong people and Pokemon. It may get 'rusty' and 'tired', but not weaker.

Besides that, just about any Pokemon can beat any Pokemon with the right strategy in place. Plus other factors such as type advantage/disadvantage.

to clear that up, noticing in the "dungeon" anime, they actually DID mention levels. even blatantly stating how there going up levels. so levels may be in the anime, although only known/realized to the pokemon. and by the way, even if it gets tired or weak. its still very strong and powerful, to the extent where it can ATLEAST beat a beginning trainer such as, paul.

stu770

Soul Trainer
Well I dont know if this is going to be a good idea but what the hey lol
I have been thinking that maybe the reason that Pikachu cant take out other Pokemon aswell when they swap regions is because of the different Pokemon and the different Tactics and training methods of the trainers.
Its just a thought and who knows if it is what it is like.

VoltTacklingPika

Paul isn't a beginning trainer. He's been through Kanto and Hoenn I believe and someone who owns Pokemon like he does is not a beginning trainer.

The dungeon anime practically have nothing to do with the main storyline and is an anime adaption of a different Pokemon game.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
to clear that up, noticing in the "dungeon" anime
And you're telling me it did not occur to you that Dungeon and the main series are not part of the same canon?

it can ATLEAST beat a beginning trainer such as, paul.
He's not a begining trainer. Even if you were to miss the episode where this is explained, it should still be obvious considering all the powerful pokémon he owns.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
The Anime Writers Don't Want Pikachu To Be Too Strong Otherwise Ash Would Just Win Each Battle Easily Then It Would Be Boring.

KetchupO

tωisted
The Anime Writers Don't Want Pikachu To Be Too Strong Otherwise Ash Would Just Win Each Battle Easily Then It Would Be Boring.
Yep.
That's basically it, and anyone with the slightest shred of common sense would be able to figure it out. -__-

Also, the Anime doesn't seem to have levels. It's more about the strategy.

but at a few times Brock meanions "That's one high level pokemon" i don't remeber what episode this came from but i do know Brock dose say this.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
If Pikachu won every battle it would be tremendously boring, because Ash would only use Pikachu instead of Turtwig, Chimchar and Staravia etc. It's just to make the anime more fun! Anyway though, Pikachu is still extremely strong!

KetchupO

tωisted
but at a few times Brock meanions "That's one high level pokemon" i don't remeber what episode this came from but i do know Brock dose say this.
Was that also said in the non-dubbed version of that ep?
Because the dubs have had silly mistakes in them plenty of times~

this was in the dubbed. he says it a few times.

Rave

Banned
Gravy answered the question. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.