• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Pokemon's 1,000 steps to evolve

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
However, it HAS to remain in the lead party slot; if you put another Pokemon in the lead - even if you don't have them walk outside with you at all - the counter resets.
Found this on different website's forum, not mine. This is regarding Pokemon's evolution via 1,000 steps. If you're going to start this to evolve, you MUST NOT change your pokemon's party lead until it has evolved. The serebii's site regarding this evolution did not say anything about this. Can't believe I've wasted my 1 hour of time doing this when I kept changing my party's lead in the midst of that, which was why my Pawmo never evolved. :/

Baggie_Saiyan

Ahh. That makes sense it took my Pawmo ages to evolve and I swore I did over 1000 steps so I decided to just run around with him for ages and level up

Are there any other Mons that evolve this way?

ShadowForce720

Ahh. That makes sense it took my Pawmo ages to evolve and I swore I did over 1000 steps so I decided to just run around with him for ages and level up

Are there any other Mons that evolve this way?
Yes, there are two other Pokémon that evolve this way being Rellor and Bramblin.

If your curious of what those two Pokémon are based on it breaks down like this:

Rellor = Dung Beetle
Bramblin = Tumbleweed

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Also, since people don't seem to get this. WALK. Don't run, don't ride your bike. You will outspeed your Pokemon and return them to their ball.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Also, since people don't seem to get this. WALK. Don't run, don't ride your bike. You will outspeed your Pokemon and return them to their ball.

My issue with those pokemons' evolution is that Serebii site (on evolution for those 3) did not specifically state that the Pokemon you want to evolve via steps MUST STAY IN LEADER'S SPOT until its evolution. In other words, let's just say you're at 400 steps already, you change Pawmo with any other pokemon for leader's spot, then the step counter will reset back to 0 for Pawmo.

That's why it took so long for most players (myself included) to have their pokemon evolve via steps. Serebii needs to add the description of evolutions for those 3 pokemon so that those pokemon at leader's spot MUST NOT CHANGE with another pokemon until their evolutions.

EDIT: I'm an idiot for not reading on those pokemon's evolution page. I think I'm pretty much misinformed or blind.

Last edited: