• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Posting Random Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sorry to do this but you are no longer allowed to post those stupid pictures in threads anymore...if you do it will be classed as SPAM and you will get a warning
http://*******.com/eb7r60.jpg​
You're full of bullshit Joe!

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Controller of Flames said:
Hey Joe what about posting URL's, then dial up people don't have to suffer!
Looking at the sigs on this forum, I think most dial-up users already suffer as it is here. Same with the amount of smilies.

@TWISTED: XD (That's all I ahve to say. That pic is ****ing hilarious.)

-Regaaru

Cain

RAWR
Those pics were funny, and they obviously reinforce the point :p. Banning them wont get you anywhere... execpt to make the forums a little less amusing. Can you at least make it so you can put links to the pictures in your posts? That shouldnt be against the rules anyway...

DigitalKaede

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO!
Those pics were mayhem. Like the ORLY? and the SPAM!!! pics were alright except people putting the same pic in their post. Also the .ytmnd pics and music were annoying also.

M

<.::<*~Minano~*>::.>

peacemaker-pig2.jpg

Heh, Ya Ya. Rules are rules. It's just like: One for all, all of one.
Wonder why Joe thought that they are spam? XD

Chris

Old Coot
Alyssa Picariello said:
anyways, I don't have any problems with loading those pictures, but my hard drive space is being eaten up since the browser store those images. =/
You CAN clear them out, yanno. o_O

Joe, for the love of all that's holy. Allow some of the forums to at least use the damn button. :| There's no point in allowing them if not every forum can even use the friggen pictures. Misc. Anime is one of the few that does at least require it to make reviews more interesting to look at. ¬¬

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
You know, we should all go "God, give us a solution. Or at least a stupid compromise that everyone is happy with." Personally it would be more convenient to just put some of the fanart I drew for my fanfic into the thread instead of going one stupid round through a link to the fanart section. Let us all just pray. For a solution that can end this little mess.

bluecrimson

Sea Ruby Trainer
This rule really didn't need to be made. The people that posted those pics actually had a decent post most of the time. It told the n0*bs that they were acting like idiots while giving others a laugh. Also, it wasn't occuring that often. Thanks for making these forums even blander, Serebii. These forums just keep going down the crapper with every other "helpful" rule you make, Serebii.

However, if you made smiley abuse bannable...

;217;bluecrimson;217;

S

SceptileFan

Serebii said:
You people say I dont allow fun? Well fine, I CAN make it so you can have no fun whatsoever on the forums if you really want me to...I have loads of things I acn do on these forums to do it...
i know you wont do it because then everyone would leave serebii

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
bluecrimson said:
This rule really didn't need to be made. The people that posted those pics actually had a decent post most of the time. It told the n0*bs that they were acting like idiots while giving others a laugh. Also, it wasn't occuring that often. Thanks for making these forums even blander, Serebii. These forums just keep going down the crapper with every other "helpful" rule you make, Serebii.

However, if you made smiley abuse bannable...

;217;bluecrimson;217;

Serebii, I think you oughta add an edit to the first post in this thread stating that the issue's been settled now. You wouldn't want more thread-skimmers posting crap that's already been stated like this, would ya?

Silver Fusion

Hyper Coordinator
So do emoticons come under this rule or not? By emoticons I mean like the things Shimitaro and Gundam Remake use in thier posts.

N

nekusagi

I think we should go case by case here. Most people who post STFU banners are relatively mature- that's why they're posting them.

Zora

perpetually tired
I am not going to read 6 pages or so, but what do you mean by "random pictures?"

E

Ethereal

OK, that's just stupid and lazy. Just look at the first page. Hell, the first post gives the explanation, for the most part.

sarcasm

Banned
What Serebii is exactly trying to accomplish here is obscure to me. First of all, he makes around 100 rules for the forums (half are bullshit, more than 3/4 are unwritten rules), giving the people here absolutely NO opportunity to have fun. Second, we can't tell people that they're idiots for posting the garbage that they produced, and anyone that isn't a moderator telling them to stop it is apparently "mod-whoring." What sort of forum are you trying to run here, anyway? You're basically giving the people no chance to speak out, no chance to have fun by giving them just a small bit of leniency, and in return, the community here is absolutely inadequate. You wonder why the other Pokémon forums are better than yours? It all comes down to the community. You're chasing off all of the veterans by basically telling them to "get lost."

The ironic thing is, barely any of the moderators are actually decent or intelligent enough to enforce these lovely rules. Want me to give an example? Instead of trying to resolve the conflicts in a thread, the moderators close it instead, hindering any further perspicacious discussion that the thread may have possessed. You don't close threads when there's a few sparks flying, you try to resolve those qualms instead. Only dense moderators would close a thread because it's warming up. However, my favorite one is moderators closing threads for "going off-topic."

There's really too many examples to list, but you'll see that most of the threads that moderators close are either going off-topic, or for some other bizarre reason, which they should be very capable of solving themselves. Closing a thread should be used as a last resort. Afterall, moderating a large forum such as this, most should know how to handle a few kids biting at each other; they're not retarded, as far as I know, so why don't they try to solve these quarrels? Beyond me, really.

Shining Mew
Ban SPPf Drama plz.
"plz", need I say more? Why don't you have moderators -- or in this case, super moderators -- who know how to not abuse the English language? I think we have enough newbies on the forums to suffice for that, we don't need any more of them in power. And it's always been a debated fact here that you don't hire moderators or the such for their ability, only on a personal level. If I submitted an application with proof of all the forums I moderated at, and got heaps of people to vouch for me at those places, I'd still be shaded by someone who knows nothing about how to moderate a forum, yet the "head honcho" still knows on a personal level. Coolcatfish, great example of that. Most of the admins as well.

Interests:
Reading, shopping, swimming, partying :D, beaches, music, stuff, WAFFLESSSSSSSSSSSS
Modding and taking care of Mews o.o
Your profile is lovely also, dear. ":Ð" I'm not trying to pick on Shining Mew in particular, but she struck out to me as someone too immature to handle a forum with a large, active population present. There are many more moderators out there, and I'd be glad to give more examples if asked.

I've been to the SPP chat a few times, and sometimes the moderators' ability was discussed. Of course, it'd be stereotypical to say that all of them suck, and they shouldn't be in power in the first place, but there really is a large majority of them who have no idea on what they're doing. I believe the only decent one I've noticed is Edward Elric; he knows how to crack at a decent joke, and is very strict and straightforward in telling people that they're morons. Those are the types of people you should have on the team, both funny and active moderators. Yes, active. Most of the team isn't.

I'd suspect that this topic is going to get closed, like they all do, because telling someone how to do their job here is apparently "insulting" or "offending" them, when it obviously isn't... Or it might be that my post is going to get deleted, but we'll see. Just proves my point, really.

I sort of sidetracked it, but concerning random images, I fail to see the point in enforcing this, other than for the sake of it? Please, just let the members have the slightest bit of leniency. You might not care since you're at the top of the food chain, and you can say and do whatever you like. It's not even affecting your bandwidth or your site in any way, since they're hotlinking these images from elsewhere, such as imageshack or whatnot. I'll assure you though, if you keep it up, the community is going to be so disgruntled at your actions that they can no longer stand it, and will either go some place else or stop coming here altogether.

Just...God, enough already.

G

Geki

I haven't really seen much of random picture posting, but then again, I don't really go here that much.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
sarcasm, I repeat, the issue's been settled already, Serebii's letting us post pictures in our messages, he's not taking away that freedom now. It's pretty ironic that everything you said about how the mods aren't doing a decent job around here and are immature and such, all that is coming from a person who couldn't even bother to read through this entire thread, get an idea of what's going on in the thread right now, something that mods do. If you're not even fit to be mod material yourself, I don't think you're in any position to be criticizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.