• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Posting Random Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Old Coot
sarcasm said:
"plz", need I say more? Why don't you have moderators -- or in this case, super moderators -- who know how to not abuse the English language?
Because we all know misspelling ONE word in a JOKINGLY tone equals abusing the English language. Have you actually SEEN her posts?

sarcasm said:
And it's always been a debated fact here that you don't hire moderators or the such for their ability, only on a personal level. If I submitted an application with proof of all the forums I moderated at, and got heaps of people to vouch for me at those places, I'd still be shaded by someone who knows nothing about how to moderate a forum, yet the "head honcho" still knows on a personal level. Coolcatfish, great example of that. Most of the admins as well.
Learn what you're talking about. First it's brought up with the other mods. Usually the other mods bring up who's a good candidate for becoming mod. So it's not Joe who does it all the time. Second, the only person I actually see that Joe knows personally that he modded out of nowhere was Coolcatfish. But besides that, the guy actually knows what he's doing. So there's no point in whining about it.

sarcasm said:
Your profile is lovely also, dear. ":Ð" I'm not trying to pick on Shining Mew in particular, but she struck out to me as someone too immature to handle a forum with a large, active population present. There are many more moderators out there, and I'd be glad to give more examples if asked.
How about actually READING her posts? Instead of basing an opinion off of someone's sig or profile, how about actually reading what they type in their posts, hm? Quoting profiles won't do your argument any good.

sarcasm said:
I believe the only decent one I've noticed is Edward Elric; he knows how to crack at a decent joke, and is very strict and straightforward in telling people that they're morons. Those are the types of people you should have on the team, both funny and active moderators. Yes, active. Most of the team isn't.
Thank you. But you're still a moron with little to provide for a legit argument.

F

Factory Head Noland

I'm not gonna read through 7 pages (sorry but...meh) but I want to ask:

In the anime section, why did the IMG tags change? I find it so confusingly confusing now. What was wrong with IMG135??

This really makes me laugh. Lets see.

sarcasm said:
"plz", need I say more? Why don't you have moderators -- or in this case, super moderators -- who know how to not abuse the English language?
"please" doesnt fit in the character limit :) Oops!

Your profile is lovely also, dear. ":Ð" I'm not trying to pick on Shining Mew in particular,
but yet you try to

but she struck out to me as someone too immature to handle a forum with a large, active population present.
I congratulate you on judging a person without even knowing them or their personality! You make perfect sense! We have a winner people!

Those are the types of people you should have on the team, both funny and active moderators. Yes, active. Most of the team isn't.
Awww, yes. That would be peachy wouldnt it? Instead of modding ability we'll go for how funny people are! We'll keep it in mind when we pick a new mod "Now what would sarcasm think of this one... hmmmmm"

I'd suspect that this topic is going to get closed, like they all do, because telling someone how to do their job here is apparently "insulting" or "offending" them, when it obviously isn't... Or it might be that my post is going to get deleted, but we'll see. Just proves my point, really.
You didnt say anything about how to mod. You were just targetting random people :) Maybe you should discuss it. You seem to know everything there is to know about being a mod. We could all learn from your greatness!

People like this make being a mod worth it. =D

F

Factory Head Noland

I just tried to use the [*imgs=135*][/imgs] tags (-*'s) and they don't work!

I'm getting annoyed with them, will someone tell me what the hell is up?!

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Factory Head Noland said:
How do I post a picture then?

The new ones worked earlier on for me.
Just use the [IMG200*][/IMG200*] or [IMG*][/IMG*] tags.
Serebii said:
Ok, I have given it much deliberation and thought and have decided on a comprimise

I'll allow the pics IF you do have a post following them

If you don't then you have two chances...first time is a warning, second time you will get a 3 week ban

And then the ban time goes up incrementally if you continue to do it

There, Happy?
And, Pac-Man Jr., Joe already resolved this hundreds of pages ago. XD

Last edited:

Inuyasha639

? ? ? ??* ? ??* ? ? ? ?
Wait, *testing with Satoshi's sig*
naruto.jpg

Nope, never mind because when I usually post images, they make links instead.

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Satoshi said:
And, Pac-Man Jr., Joe already resolved this hundreds of pages ago. XD

I didn't know that, but thank you. I didn't read the earlier posts so I wouldn't know. But if that's true, then why is this Thread still open? This has been resolved so the Thread should be Closed. Mostly due to the Off-Topicness.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I already suggested the idea that, if this thread is gonna continue, that Serebii should add an edit into his first post so that thread-skimmers, those that can at least bother to read the beginning post, can know what's going on and not make annoying posts asking Joe to change his mind and such. I made that suggestion a month ago now.... the thread's neither closed nor has the first post been editted.

Chris

Old Coot
Just so some of you know, the regular IMG tags DO NOT work in forums that don't have the button to activate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.