1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding Roaming Articuno

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by pit-fall, Apr 16, 2012.

1. pit-fall

pit-fall Angels Amoonguss

How do I set it free and hat is the best way to hunt for a good Natured Articuno on Platinum?

I didn't see a Help thread.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. Mav-san

Mav-san F*cking veteran

1- Once you have National Dex and Pal Park, talk to Oak on Eterna City, which triggers the 3 birds.
    2-Save in front of Oak before you talk to him, proceed to capture Articuno, then check its Nature and soft reset if not satisfied. Alternatively, you can always abuse RNG if you're into that kind of stuff.

3. pit-fall

I'm saying, what's the best way to find Articuno, hunt it capture it, etc. I plan on SRing. What is RNG tho?

4. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I always use the Marking Map Poketch app when catching roaming Pokemon, since the locations of roaming Pokemon can be seen on it. What I do is go to a route (I usually pick the one left of Eterna), go to that app, and see if a roaming Pokemon is on that route. If one is, I go look for it in the grass. If it isn't, I ride my bike back and forth between the route and the neighbouring route/city until a roaming Pokemon does appear on the same route as me.

When I catch the Pokemon, I always have a Wobbuffet out as the Shadow Tag ability prevents the Pokemon from fleeing. Then I just spam balls until it catches.

Oh, and this explains RNG.

5. pit-fall

Thanks, this is just the help I needed. And RNG sounds really cool, now if I could just find a shiny lol.