• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding Sigs & Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I am sure by now, you have noticed that signitures and avatars have been disabled for everyone

I am sorry about this but yesterday I got the bandwidth report and for both sites combined we used 4 Terabytes of bandwidth last month when we're only contracted to use 3 Terabytes.

So to help even things out so that we possibly wont end up incurring any of the wraths of our hosting company, we are indefinitely disabling Sigs & Avatars.

I am truely sorry that we have had to do this but as you are aware, bandwidth is a major issue on Serebii.net & SPPf as t does cost us a hell of a lot to keep the servers running

Thank you for bearing with us on this fiasco, but hopefully it should be rectified within a month or two while we try to compress the site so that we use less bandwidth.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Whoa, I was scared for a minute when my avatar and sig had suddenly gone but then I noticed this topic. It is a shame, I suppose, but through situations like this everyone will just have to live with it.

POKErUsAm

Macho man!
the one thread that says rate the sig above you or the avatar shouldnt die because of this :p but no big deal it wont be long, right? but still, no big deal, we will live without our cute avi's and sigs.
EDIT: wow! pages will have a lot of pages! =P

Y

Yumi Yuko

dang...I liked my new avvie. I'll manage without I guess. I hope that we get them back soon.

Momoko Lover

Hop, Skip, Jump!!!
I hope this dilemma will be cleared up soon. I liked my avatar.......

Owned.

But in all honesty, I don't really care :/

Z

Zip

so much for personality. you'd think avatars could stay, at least the sprites.

Oh. For a second there, I thought it was a problem on SPPF for me. But I hope it becomes better soon. ><

Serebii93

too... much...
Serebii said:
I am sure by now, you have noticed that signitures and avatars have been disabled for everyone

I am sorry about this but yesterday I got the bandwidth report and for both sites combined we used 4 Terabytes of bandwidth last month when we're only contracted to use 3 Terabytes.

So to help even things out so that we possibly wont end up incurring any of the wraths of our hosting company, we are indefinitely disabling Sigs & Avatars.

I am truely sorry that we have had to do this but as you are aware, bandwidth is a major issue on Serebii.net & SPPf as t does cost us a hell of a lot to keep the servers running

Thank you for bearing with us on this fiasco, but hopefully it should be rectified within a month or two while we try to compress the site so that we use less bandwidth.
So you are saying my Trainer Cards are useless now? Will we ever have them[avatars and sigs] back? Not more than twenty minutes ago, everything was fine! Oh, well...
EDIT: Maybe this is an April Fools Trick! :D Nice Try, Serebii! :D

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
o_O just noticed, I identify people by their avatar, I never remember names... this is slighty good, because I train my memory!

Oh yes, what´s going to happen with fan art section?

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Oh well, at least it won't be permanent...*cries over loss of siggy fic-advertisement.*

I almost freaked out when I saw my sig was gone. At first I though I broke some sig rule, but then I saw everyone's were gone, so I figured there had to be an announcement. XD

~Chibi~;249;<?>;rukario;

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
Chosen of Mana said:
coughAprilFoolsDaycough >_>
I don't believe that. Serebii's someone we can trust, and his story seems likely. When we get them back, they will be erased and we have to start from scratch again, right?

POKErUsAm

Macho man!
wow! i was beaten by like 7 posts! but i never noticed how sigs and avi's make it all nicer looking.
did you think serebii would do that? i wouldnt know. a better qustion is, has he ever done these kind of things near april fools?

Status
Not open for further replies.