• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding X360 Hard Drives

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I am planning to go out to buy a cheap 360 hard drive, but I don't know if there are any techical specifications I should be aware of. Specifically, I was wondering if certain hard drives only work for certain 360 consoles (elite, clim, etc). I don't know what kind of 360 I own, and I don't want to spend money on something I won't be able to use.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
The Xbox 360 got a redesign mid way though this generation. Hard disks from the first design can't be used on the second, and Vice versa.

Both are shown on the image in this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360

The only other thing you need to be aware of is the size of the hard disk you may have already. Since You will be forced to replace it, you want bigger. Saves will lost unless you store it on the Cloud or on other external storage.

In some cases, you can get way with using a external Drive at the expense of USB Port. I should point out that all versions of the console should support it.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Ok, so I know what I'm looking for now. What I need is a hard drive for a SLIM XBOX 360. The only problem is that I can't find one that's relatively cheap. If anyone happens to come across a link to one that is around $20, I would be eternally grateful. I can only find ones that are $100 and up. The size of the drive isn't really important, and I don't mind if its used.