1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding XY Early Release

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by Serebii, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Hi all

As it seems many retailers are now breaking street date, I'd like to ask that things be spoilertagged if you're going to post content from your games into various threads.

We'll be starting our coverage at some point in the next few days and will open a discussion and recent happenings thread then. Until then, however, please take other users into consideration.

~Serebii

2. justinjiaxinghu

justinjiaxinghu class on my back

ah ok ill take note of that but im not that into leaks atm :p

3. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

okay sure thing serebii thanks for the info ^_^ and i know its quite annoying though that people violated the street date but we can't go back now...

4. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

Thank goodness the Characters/Team Flare thread had spoilers at least on the posts and this will help me remain spoiler free story wise even better.

e: This also can help reduce spoilers too.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    Goggled Petilil and Zhanton like this.
  5. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Thanks for mentioning this Serebii. I usually don't care about spoilers, but when we found out that it was a worldwide release, I thought it would be cool that everyone would get it at the same time so we would experience it mostly by ourselves. But the the retailers decide to release it early and get the rest of us spoiled XD

6. SuperSceptile

SuperSceptile Sceptile is super!

Thank you, Serebii. I've been trying to avoid the X/Y related forums in order to experience the games without spoilers, but some leaked info has made appearances on other unrelated threads and it kind of annoys me.

7. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

I'm surprised you didn't say anything sooner, since we're near a week out from the early release in Canada in Italy.

But thanks for doing something about it anyway.

8. Emperor Empoleon

Emperor Empoleon Honor of Kalos

Will keep this in mind for these last few days. I'd want this journey to be one of neat little surprises..Might just stay away from the discussion in general xD

"Many" retailers, tho? I thought it was but a seldom few :O

9. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

Unless I've missed some important info, I think it is just a few stores that broke the street date. I've been avoiding the X/Y discussion threads ever since those stores broke the street date, but that's still not enough to avoid everything. I'm not letting this keep me from an unspoiled experience, but I also expected something to be said sooner. Better late than never, though. We shouldn't have to avoid the forums completely to avoid spoilers, especially since these leaks shouldn't have happened in the first place, or at least not so absurdly early.

Thanks again for making a point about the spoilers!

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris What a pain to relax...

I pretty much deserted the XY boards when the leaks started. No reason to go back there within a month at least.

Too bad my subscriptions in deviantart don't give a damn about spoilers so I also deserted my account there.

11. skittlepup

skittlepup Braixen is MINE ;)

I tried to stay away from the X and Y boards... now I'm staying away from them all, except for Starters (because I know what they are) and Worldwide Release...

Thanks for posting this though Serebii, keeps those of us who want to be surprised safe :D

12. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Here some store will release them at 9PM Friday night and its GMT13+. I might go, nya~

13. alexterri

alexterri Well-Known Member

To bad the WallMart closest to me isn't :'(

14. Drake Pokétrainer

Drake Pokétrainer Blood of Insanity

While I did follow the leaks (couldn't resist) I think it's pretty sad that quite some stores pretty much break the promise of starting to sell it on the 12th.
    I mean, it IS a worldwide release, so it'd be nice if they participated.

15. Nibbles4Ever

Nibbles4Ever 1 more day ^^

Yeah I did look at a couple of the leaks but I have decided to stop looking at them because I don't want to be spoiled that much, at east until I get the games on saturday.

16. mjunior3

mjunior3 Link Jokers!

I got soooo many leaks...I couldn't help myself, lol. It's like waiting for Christmas, but looking through your presents that your parents hid in their closet, lmao. Anyway, I didn't get anything on Team Flare, but I got many interesting facts. Anyhoo, see ya Saturday!

17. Floette

Floette Fennekin

Unfortunately I've already stumbled across the leaks (mostly in the XY dex discussion thread) which I was silly enough not to avoid. But its a good thing to post this :)

Hopefully there are a lot more in the dex I haven't seen because that would be disappointing.

18. Master Trainer Empoleon

Master Trainer Empoleon Well-Known Member

You kept hanging around the X and Y dex thread so you were bound to run into them. I on the other hand, ditched X and Y forums after I saw the starters' final forms. (which was intentional of course). As a result, I don't know much about the new pokemon and I don't know a thing about the story.

19. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Pokemon X/Y dies at the end.

Ammako likes this.
  20. Dreamy

Dreamy Well-Known Member

I said I wasn't going to spoil myself this time around...yeah that worked >.<