• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding XY Early Release

Paradigm

I spoiled the crap outta' myself because I have no willpower whatsoever, :p

I've always felt though that even something spoiled is still exciting when experienced for yourself. Hearing about something and doing it yourself are two very distinct things.

Mad props to anyone who managed to resist temptation though, :p

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
^ Dude, seriously. Don't just casually mention which Pokémon aren't obtained in the main game.

Also, Serebii, some users have the nerve to have not-officially revealed Pokémon in their signatures, especially Chespin's last evo. Isn't that a little too much?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
^ Dude, seriously. Don't just casually mention which Pokémon aren't obtained in the main game.

Also, Serebii, some users have the nerve to have not-officially revealed Pokémon in their signatures, especially Chespin's last evo. Isn't that a little too much?

They've already been revealed in the latest issue of Corocoro.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi

Juts a suggestion for those who don't want to be spoiled; since people are probably going to include their XY teams in their sigs, if you don't want to see the new Pokemon there's the option to turn off signatures in the User CP :) Just click here and scroll down to 'Thread Display Options'.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
I saw the last evos, Mega Gengar WAYYY before actual release today, Mega Arodactyl, Mega Gayrados, and a few more pokemon

I should tell my fellow Canadians to STOP WITH THE F**KING SPOILERS

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Will keep this in mind for these last few days. I'd want this journey to be one of neat little surprises..Might just stay away from the discussion in general xD

"Many" retailers, tho? I thought it was but a seldom few :O
Ok. Just a little heads up for you.I live in Canada, and I haven't seen it in Staples or Walmart. But hearing many makes me gasp with you ToT

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I hear that Canada is still releasing the games early.

It's not based on country or region or anything like that. It's based on if an individual store wants to break street date or not. I'm sure there are some stores in Canada that are choosing to break street date—just as some in the US, Mexico and other countries are—but for the most part stores are sticking to October 12[SUP]th[/SUP]. And it's not usually gonna be the big stores breaking street date. It tends to be smaller local game shops that are releasing early. Although I have heard a few American Costcos broke street date; don't quote me on that.

*IZ*

It's not based on country or region or anything like that. It's based on if an individual store wants to break street date or not. I'm sure there are some stores in Canada that are choosing to break street date—just as some in the US, Mexico and other countries are—but for the most part stores are sticking to October 12[SUP]th[/SUP]. And it's not usually gonna be the big stores breaking street date. It tends to be smaller local game shops that are releasing early. Although I have heard a few American Costcos broke street date; don't quote me on that.
Most big name stores computers are programmed not to sell the games early. So if a big store is selling X/Y and the customer takes it all the way to the register, the computer will stop the sale from happening.

Lonely Nature Mew

Pokemon Breeder
Not really. The vendors probably won't trust them come the next game(s), but it's not like a smaller business would go into financial ruin for breaking street date.

Plus, how do they know they're not the fake copies Gamefreak shipped out? They might still be selling those, still thinking they're the real deal.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Most big name stores computers are programmed not to sell the games early. So if a big store is selling X/Y and the customer takes it all the way to the register, the computer will stop the sale from happening.

yeah, i work at a large retailer (that doesn't sell video games so no early games for me), and when we've accidentally put out merchandise before we were supposed to sell it, it rings up in the system as costing $99,999 until the day it's supposed to be on sale. then the computer changes it to the right price. i imagine a lot of other big box stores have a similar system so that prevents them from breaking the street date even if they wanted to.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
yeah, i work at a large retailer (that doesn't sell video games so no early games for me), and when we've accidentally put out merchandise before we were supposed to sell it, it rings up in the system as costing $99,999 until the day it's supposed to be on sale. then the computer changes it to the right price. i imagine a lot of other big box stores have a similar system so that prevents them from breaking the street date even if they wanted to.

I wonder. Are very desperate people willing to pay that atrocious price?