• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regarding XY Early Release

BCVM22

I wonder. Are very desperate people willing to pay that atrocious price?

I think the point was not that the $99,999 was not an actual permitted purchase price, but a red flag on the item that would be visible to whatever employee might be trying to ring up the item and hopefully set off a common sense reaction of "hmm, this doesn't look right, maybe I shouldn't be selling this?"

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
^yup. i'm just a cashier and i dont always know what sales are going on so if a load person is being dumb and puts out the item too early and someone brings it up front, it's meant to say to me (and the customer if they didnt know) uh hey you arent supposed to be selling that yet. the first time i remember it happening was for black friday stuff so i probably would have gotten in trouble if i did sell it at the crazy price. plus at my store in particular a supervisor has to approve all purchases over $500 so even if i was an idiot and went forward with it, my boss would see and be like um wtf are you doing.

plus nothing in my store is worth even close to that much money, so if someone was willing to pay that much they have issues i dont want to deal with

BCVM22

Which is patently untrue and an awful rumor entirely devoid of any and all common sense.

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Aarrgh, everyone has already got/ getting tomorrow X and Y, and my isn't coming 'till ******* Wednesday, last time I buy from 'A Specific Shop' ever again :(

Lonely Nature Mew

Pokemon Breeder
That's like really messed up. That shop should get it sooner. Then you can join the group. But don't feel bad, I won't be getting mine til prices go down.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
yeah ive never seen pokemon games go down significantly in price. they stay expensive until theyre off the shelf completely and then you have to go through a 3rd party which can often be very expensive depending on how long you wait

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
If you've not careful the Price goes up! I recently got Soul Silver for more than Day 1 Heart Gold!

really? I never saw a pokemon game go up or down where i live it normally stays the same price :p Im glad im getting out cheap for my y version though :) one version is good enough for me :p

ShinyGirantina

Need Mega Masquerain
Usually all the pokemon games I get are like 40 to 50 dollars but bigger than that, than that's outrageous

Lonely Nature Mew

Pokemon Breeder
It's because everyone keeps wanting it more and more and can't get enough. Over here, Wal-Mart is the one that has like $10 off what is in Gamestop.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
im downloading the game from nintendo eShop! tho it does take like about an hour and takes up so much storage, it definitely beats flying to the US to get it (im in china :p)

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
im downloading the game from nintendo eShop! tho it does take like about an hour and takes up so much storage, it definitely beats flying to the US to get it (im in china :p)

Not to mention that jet lags kicks in fast, so you'd probably be out like a light before you get a chance to try it.

I have to wait until Wednesday to play my copy. I'm going to keep it off my plate until I complete my PSAT, then me and my friend (I bought him the other version) can celebrate afterwards by starting up together.