• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regenerator ho-oh and multiscale lugia found in poke radar

rayquaza9999

So these Pokemon along with telepathy Dialga, Palkia and Giritina have been found in poke radar.
the method to get them is put the game of which the Pokemon is the mascot of in your 3ds before switching on poke radar this will activate a new level in which you can capture the mascot of the game inserted
Regenerator Ho-oh and Multiscale Lugia could shake up the uber tier in my opinion. so here you can talk about what it will do to the tier

http://www.serebii.net/dreamradar/genivpokemon.shtml

Darn it. I don't have a 3DS. I guess I could buy one, but they are a bit expensive...

Anyway, Dialga's, Palkia's, and Giratina's Dream World abilities are not that useful. As a matter of fact, Pressure is probably superior to Telepathy for Dialga and Giratina, as they often run defensive sets. Of course, in doubles, Telepathy may be better on Palkia, as it is more of an offensive Pokemon.

On the other hand, Regenerator on H-Oh is certainly superior to pressure. It allows it to switch in more often, even with Stealth Rock.

Multiscale on Lugia sounds good for taking on more offensive teams, and would be good on defensive Calm Mind sets. Pressure might still be useful on wall sets though.

Zachmac

Pressure might still be useful on wall sets though.
How come? Multiscale roost can actually stall out stone edge rather well, even without the double PP usage.

Multiscale seems like a great defensive ability to me, especially with substitute. I mean, everyone agrees that Parashuffle D-nite annoying, right?

Ilan

B2W2 introduced multiscale lugia but at the same time a counter to it kyurem-A (A from alternate)
ho-oh now got a new way to heal from SR which is really good specially as he is *4 SR weak.
the one who benefits more is lugia now it can take on the name- the ultimate wall, sure pressure can PP stall but multiscale make lugia almost imppossible to 0HKO but the tao trio can still pierce multiscale so there are ways to deal with it.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
249.gif

Surya (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

250.gif

Ra (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Flame Charge
- Roost
- Sacred Fire

The fourth and seventh best Pokémon in the entire game, respectively.

Eaglehawk

Banned
249.gif

- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

250.gif

Ra (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
- Brave Bird
- Flame Charge
- Roost
- Sacred Fire

I would throw an offensive move in there somewhere so it doesn't become complete Taunt bait (even though Taunt isn't even used that often :\ ). To be honest, Toxic is good enough for status, as it helps really well considering it's defensive, and Thunder Wave really doesn't glue well imo
Flame Charge is okayyyyy, imo I would definitely slash Tailwind for that one. It allows it to run past some retarded scarf sh!t and DD sh1t. And Earthquake should be mentioned too.

Hell, just use the damn physical sweeper set on smogon.

EDIT: just use this ability on any of the sets on smogon.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
I would throw an offensive move in there somewhere so it doesn't become complete Taunt bait (even though Taunt isn't even used that often :\ ). To be honest, Toxic is good enough for status, as it helps really well considering it's defensive, and Thunder Wave really doesn't glue well imo

That is incorrect. Thunder Wave is in fact one of Lugia's greatest techniques, as one of its main purposes is to not only counter many offensive threats, but also to paralyze them so that they can be easily picked off later on in the match. For example, it can easily switch in to counter the opponent's Mewtwo, paralyze it, keep using Roost until it regains Multiscale (since Mewtwo will be fully paralyzed eventually), and then Whirlwind it away. At this point, the opponent's Mewtwo is now essentially a non-threat, as it can easily be outrun by just about any Pokémon and destroyed by their powerful attacks later on in the match. But in the absence of Thunder Wave, many fast and powerful offensive threats such as Mewtwo, Latios and Dragon Dance Rayquaza become much more difficult to deal with. I know being unable to touch Pokémon with Taunt or Magic Bounce isn't very good, but it's still the better deal nonetheless.

Flame Charge is okayyyyy, imo I would definitely slash Tailwind for that one. It allows it to run past some retarded scarf sh!t and DD sh1t. And Earthquake should be mentioned too.

Tailwind can indeed be an alternate option. I really like Flame Charge's ability to destroy Ferrothorn, Scizor and Forretress that have taken some damage previously in the process of raising Ho-Oh's Speed though, as well as its ability to break Substitutes on the same turn it raises Ho-Oh's Speed (this is especially useful against Darkrai). Also, in the Sun, Ho-Oh can destroy Latios with a Flame Charge followed by a Sacred Fire, and this enables it to not have to resort to using Brave Bird. Because after taking a powerful attack such as Psyshock or Draco Meteor from Latios, Ho-Oh is going to reduce itself to dangerously low health, and possibly even faint as a result of the Brave Bird and Life Orb recoil.

Hell, just use the damn physical sweeper set on smogon.

EDIT: just use this ability on any of the sets on smogon.

That could work with Ho-Oh, but definitely not with Lugia. Because while Pressure Lugia places emphasis on its bulk, Multiscale Lugia places much more emphasis on Speed, firstly because it is extremely beneficial to be able to Roost back to full health before the opponent's Pokémon attacks, and secondly because regardless of how much Defense or Special Defense a Pressure Lugia invests, it's not going to be bulkier than a Multiscale Lugia at full health anyway. That is why my Lugia has 204 Speed EVs, so it can outrun Jolly Groudon and Roost before it uses Stone Edge (if it uses Rock Polish, I'd just Whirlwind it away).

249.gif

- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

250.gif

Ra (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
- Brave Bird
- Flame Charge
- Roost
- Sacred Fire

For Lugia, if you're not running any attacks, use Bold for minimized confusion and Foul Play damage.

coolminun

Banned
Lugia is so broken now. The set up sweepers will definitely rise now. With multiscale, he'll set up survive and roost it off. Because his speed is more emphasized here, the calm mind set on smogon with two attacks can be more deadly. Using a combo of Thunder and ice beam, and he's super good to go

Phoopes

There it is.
249.gif

- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

This is a very good set, man. However, I can think of one thing that might be a problem for it. Scarf Modest Kyurem-W has a chance to OHKO with Blizzard, and that's guaranteed after Stealth Rock. So maybe you'd wanna invest some EV's in Special Defense so that has no chance to happen? 44 EV's invested would guarantee the 2HKO from Modest Blizzard without rocks, so maybe that's something you'd want to try.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Awesome! Luckily, I have both a poke-radar and a 3DS :D. Multiscale Lugia FTW

Soperman

The One and Only
If this had come out in BW, before the new games, it would be one of the best walls ever. Now that the new Kyurem forms have been announced, they can both (well, mostly Black Kyurem) rip through Lugia and it's defenses. One second, you're feeling invincible with the ultimate wall, the next you find that it's dead to a Kyurem. The terrible, horrible irony.
With MultiLugia around, only Zekrom can hope to stop it.
Or, you know, Black Kyurem. Ice is super-effective to it.