• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reggie Becomes President!!!

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=9653

REDMOND, Wash., May 25, 2006 – On the heels of the successful unveiling of the new Wii™ console, Nintendo of America Inc. today announced three key promotions at the executive level. Current President Tatsumi Kimishima is taking on the new role of chairman of the board and chief executive officer, while Reggie Fils-Aime is being promoted to president and chief operating officer from his current role as executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. Additionally, Mike Fukuda is being promoted from senior vice president of Business Development to executive vice president of Business Development. All promotions are effective immediately.

"Around the world, Nintendo DS has been steadily drawing more people into the video game category," said Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo Co., Ltd. "With the upcoming introduction of Wii, along with the strength of this new leadership team and strong executives already in place, Nintendo will continue to dramatically change the way consumers of all ages interact with their video game console on a daily basis."

Kimishima was appointed president of Nintendo of America in January 2002. He joined Nintendo at the company's headquarters in Kyoto, Japan, in 2000. He served as chief financial officer of The Pokémon Company in 2000 and president of Pokémon USA Inc. in 2001. Prior to joining Nintendo, he spent 27 years with Sanwa Bank of Japan, serving in various management positions. As chairman of the board and CEO of Nintendo of America, he will oversee the overall management of Nintendo of America and continue to serve on the boards of Nintendo of America and Nintendo Co., Ltd.

In his new role as president and chief operating officer, Fils-Aime will lead the day-to-day operations of Nintendo of America while continuing to oversee the Sales & Marketing Division as the company prepares for the launch of Wii. He joined Nintendo of America in December 2003 to lead all Sales & Marketing efforts in the United States, Latin America and Canada. Prior to joining Nintendo, he served as senior vice president of marketing at VH1. He also has held key marketing positions with Guinness Import Co., Derby Cycle Corp., Pizza Hut, Panda Management Co. and Procter & Gamble.

In his new position as executive vice president of Business Development, Fukuda will oversee corporate strategic planning and third-party publisher and licensing programs. He also will continue to oversee product development more dedicated to the North American market. He has been with the company for 12 years, joining in 1994 as director of planning. Prior to Nintendo, he worked for an international trading company and learned the video game business in the United States, working with third-party publishers during the early days of the Nintendo Entertainment System® (NES).

The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube™ systems, and upcoming Wii™ console. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold more than 2 billion video games and more than 360 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like Mario™, Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere.

Wes

Iblis Wings
"Taking names and kicking ***!"

I swear this guy is one of Nintendo's best at marketing. He knows how to advertise games good so I'm glad he got this promotion!

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
(singing to the end of "My God this House is Freakin' Sweet") I think he's got this right! His job is pretty tight! But still, that guy is freakin' sweet!

Tendo128

R.I.P. Ridley

...Reggie...president...I must be dreaming...

...but it's true!!!

This announcement is so fleepin' awesome that both my *** and my name have already been taken.

And whoever you are, reading this, so have yours.

Excellent. He has deserved this for so long. Definitely the right man to carry out Nintendo's promise of bringing gaming to everyone, and I mean everyone. But, just so no one misunderstands, Iwata is still the President of Nintendo as a company. Reggie is President of NOA(Nintendo of America).

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Am I the only one who can't stand Reggie's attitude? I mean, he's a good spokesperson, but NOA president? Seems like a rash decision to me.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
This is so cool. All they have to do now is put him in SSBB and then I'll be happy.

Grammer

RUH OH!!!111
Oh crap, the guy deserved it though, albeit he does look a bit weird... But it's awesome how he made it after one year of service to nintendo.

What next...?

super-reggie.jpg

/bad joke/

Ben Kenobi

In his new position he'll sure be kicking lots of *** and taking plenty of names. I'm sure he'll do a good job in his roost of power.

Thunder Child

Dedicated Trainer
I think this promotion is a smart move for Nintendo. Reggie is an arch publicist, and if anyone knows the importance of good marketing, it's him. Traditionally this has been one of Nintendo's biggest weak points.

Bulk

Grammer: Na, Reggie aint a Superhero, more of a dominant leader. I'd suggest that Reggie runs for PResedent of the USA next. He'd win hands down.

BTW, does anyknow who's Presedent of NOE? I'm just curiouse.