• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reggie Fils-Aime retiring after 15 years in Nintendo

lolipiece

AaaaAAAAAAAH!!!!
Staff member
I salute you, Mr. Fils-Aime.

...Are they aware of what they're doing by hiring a guy named Bowser? They know what kind of Pandora's Box they're opening by doing that, right?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I went to school with someone with the last name of Bowser and he was a massive jerk. Sort wish Mario had popped up and clobbered him in the Hammer Bros Suit.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Sad to see Reggie go. I've never once seen another company executive who was as good with the public relations side of things as him. That's what made Reggie special. Just the fact that we're calling him by his first name is a good indication of that. He felt like a guy we know, rather than some company bigwig. I can only hope that his replacement is half as good as he was.

I'm sure the guy is sick of hearing it, but I absolutely love the irony that Bowser is now the President of Nintendo of America.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Sad to see Reggie go. I've never once seen another company executive who was as good with the public relations side of things as him. That's what made Reggie special. Just the fact that we're calling him by his first name is a good indication of that. He felt like a guy we know, rather than some company bigwig. I can only hope that his replacement is half as good as he was.

I'm sure the guy is sick of hearing it, but I absolutely love the irony that Bowser is now the President of Nintendo of America.
It’d be even more ironic if the next president after him is named Mario or Luigi!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It’d be even more ironic if the next president after him is named Mario or Luigi!

I don't know, Bowser seizing control of Nintendo sounds like a pretty ironic turn of events.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Came completely out of left field, E3 is gonna really different.

But we're in good hands, with a name like Bowser we're already in for comedy gold.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I wanted to share my respect for the soon-to-be former president of NoA and memelord.

Doug in full Bowser costume at E3 or bust.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
His body is finished :'(

Joke aside, I'm going to miss him. He was a great person from Nintendo. Got to see the success, downfall and resurgence for Nintendo in his 16 year career for the company.

I'm sure Mr. Bowser will do a fine job as NoA's new president. Thanks for the memories Reggienator!

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
RIP Serebii.net, because Doug Bowser is a "normal" AAA executive, who will push for home office to shut down fandoms for slander, libel, IP theft and brand damage.

Reggie was the last bulwark against Bethesda/EAfication of NoA we had left. American-Brand capitalism is gonna kill fandom because Reggie isn't here to shield us...

More than emulators are going down, because there is NO WAY Doug Bowser is as forgiving or as tolerant of fandom as Reggie was, corporate-wise.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
RIP Serebii.net, because Doug Bowser is a "normal" AAA executive, who will push for home office to shut down fandoms for slander, libel, IP theft and brand damage.

Reggie was the last bulwark against Bethesda/EAfication of NoA we had left. American-Brand capitalism is gonna kill fandom because Reggie isn't here to shield us...

More than emulators are going down, because there is NO WAY Doug Bowser is as forgiving or as tolerant of fandom as Reggie was, corporate-wise.
Now I say what’s the big idea overreacting again but this time about Reggie stepping down! You’re always overreacting to everything! You humored me today! Like the other times you do this! Stop.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

We do not know that. Let the man get into the position and we can go from there.

BCVM22

Neither Reggie Fils-Aime or Doug Bowser give a shittake mushroom about Serebii.net or any other website or simple discussion forum that otherwise doesn't distribute illegal material. You're making things up. Please stop.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

What even gives you that idea?