• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regional Variants/Alolan Forms Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'm legitimately surprised nothing has outright disproved him yet. Only thing that can now is Rockruff's evo. Hopefully whether fake or real, both designs will end up just as cool.

Didn't this person also draw an image of Water Arcanine, the starter mid-stages, and the weird Bounsweet evolution? Any of those things could disprove him.

knightwolf09

Didn't this person also draw an image of Water Arcanine, the starter mid-stages, and the weird Bounsweet evolution? Any of those things could disprove him.

Yeah, but Rockruff's evo comes sooner.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Unless CoroCoro covers it up with a lens flare followed by a "tune in next month!" :p

Booo! Bad CoroCoro!

Nah I'm sure we'll actually see it. And keep on your toes, everyone. CoroCoro has leaked as early as the 6th/7th before, so we could get it any day now (though I'm guessing we still have until the weekend, at least).

Julia Artemis

Didn't it leak that early last month? Let's hope it does that again! Sorry Rockruff is maybe my new favorite Pokemon I'm dying to see what it looks like. Also hoping they reveal the starters evos to stop the whole "are the final evos fake?" Debate

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Booo! Bad CoroCoro!

Nah I'm sure we'll actually see it. And keep on your toes, everyone. CoroCoro has leaked as early as the 6th/7th before, so we could get it any day now (though I'm guessing we still have until the weekend, at least).
Didn't it leak that early last month? Let's hope it does that again! Sorry Rockruff is maybe my new favorite Pokemon I'm dying to see what it looks like. Also hoping they reveal the starters evos to stop the whole "are the final evos fake?" Debate
The only reason it leaked early last month is because CoroCoro comes out early on August, so that most likely won't be the case here, unfortunately.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Yeah, but Rockruff's evo comes sooner.

Doesn't Arcanine come sooner since we already saw a non-Alolan form Arcanine?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well Alolan Raticate's cheeks took me by surprise since they look inflated and funny, but after we saw what Alolan Rattata looked like last week, my expectations for its evolved form were small any ways. ^^;

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Since we got Mega Kanto/Hoenn starters in X/Y, What if we get Alola Johto/Sinnoh Starters?

for Sinnoh: Ice/Flying Piplup, Grass/Ground Chimchar, Water Turtwig.

For Johto: Dark/Poison Chikorita, Dark/Fighting Totodile, Fire/Rock Cyndaquil

Maybe not the best typings but they were the first ideas i had.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Since we got Mega Kanto/Hoenn starters in X/Y, What if we get Alola Johto/Sinnoh Starters?

for Sinnoh: Ice/Flying Piplup, Grass/Ground Chimchar, Water Turtwig.

For Johto: Dark/Poison Chikorita, Dark/Fighting Totodile, Fire/Rock Cyndaquil

Maybe not the best typings but they were the first ideas i had.

I'd rather just have Megas so they get role amplification or overhaul.

That dud wonders for zard and Venusaur in team preview.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer

Well I'm still assuming Alola Forms have replaced Megas. Im just going by what we know so far of Sun/Moon.

we also dont know if were getting Diamond and Pearl remakes anyway.

Julia Artemis

Also pretty sure they're going to do remakes of Diamond and Pearl so I can see those coming than. Also we might get a lot more megas in that game. Though I wonder if we'll get Sinnoh variant pokemon. Which I'd be interested to see too. I mean that was pretty much the start of this idea of variant pokemon being implemented with Shellos and Wormadam.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well I'm still assuming Alola Forms have replaced Megas. Im just going by what we know so far of Sun/Moon.

Why would they replace Megas? The concepts are entirely different and one is seemingly exclusive to the first generation of Pokemon. If they were to do anything to previous gen starters it would be Megas, not only are starters from other gens not native to other regions except their own, but you can't even find them in the wild.

Alolan forms are likely to not get BST boosts like Mega's, but rather just a redistribution of it, so they aren't on par with Mega's. Mega's will be in the games, I don't see why they would remove it, we just might not get any new ones. I hope we do though, for Johto starters especially.

PokeAJ

Alolan Raticate is absolutely hilarious. I was taking a drink of water when it was revealed in the trailer and started to choke on my water from laughter. I may have to use it on my team just for the ridiculousness of it.

Akashin

Alolan forms are likely to not get BST boosts like Mega's, but rather just a redistribution of it, so they aren't on par with Mega's. Mega's will be in the games, I don't see why they would remove it, we just might not get any new ones. I hope we do though, for Johto starters especially.

I'm pretty sure what Pikasaur meant was that Alolan Forms would be the new thing to get passed around in lieu of Megas. Not literally, "Megas out, Alolans in."

With that said, Alolan Form Starters make no sense unless they plan to kick rarity to the curb and make any such Starters obtainable in the wild in Alola.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I really wanted Fighting Alakazam, Fighting/Flying Dodrio and Bug/Psychic Butterfree, but they're looking less and less plausible.

"Fire/Fairy Ninetales" - Ice/Fairy Ninetales
"Dark Rattata/Raticate" - Dark/Normal Rattata/Raticate
"Fighting Abra line" - regular Alakazam seen in trailers

The leaker right now.

Last edited:

sheld999

I really wanted Fighting Alakazam, Fighting/Flying Dodrio and Bug/Psychic Butterfree, but they're looking less and less plausible.

"Fire/Fairy Ninetales" - Ice/Fairy Ninetales
"Dark Rattata/Raticate" - Dark/Normal Rattata/Raticate
"Fighting Abra line" - regular Alakazam seen in trailers

The leaker right now.

we just gionna play the waiting game and see if they legit

Status
Not open for further replies.