1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Regional Variants/Alolan Forms Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Wulava, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm really hoping Muk becomes pure ground. I liked Muk but not that much so that I'd use it, purified Muk on the other hand will make my team for sure. I really have to look out that I won't create an all alolan form 1st gen team in this game (especially when there is going to be an rock/fire Golem line). Althought Raticate will not make the cut, it had a lot of potential but it didn't deliver.

2. Inconspicuosaurus

Inconspicuosaurus Bone-ified dinosaur

Both Ground Muk and Rock/Fire Golem were proposed by artleaka. We don't know if his information is true yet. We will have a better idea once we see the starters' middle stages and can compare them to what he drew.

3. ABC595

ABC595 Well-Known Member

Surely the sandcastle Pokemon negate the possibility of ground muk?

4. I'd rather like the idea of a Ground-type Alolan Muk for the sake of the anime. Ash's Muk hasn't been in a battle since the Johto League, so this could be a great opportunity for them to have him use it. Someone shows him an Alolan Muk, so he ends up challenging them to a battle to see which form of Muk is stronger (Ash's would obviously be at a type disadvantage but that doesn't mean he'd be doomed from the start).

5. Yeah I'm just talking about the rumours, there isn't much too talk about now and I have to say that I like the ideas. Fighting Alakazam/Nidoking on the other hand not so much.

6. Inconspicuosaurus

Inconspicuosaurus Bone-ified dinosaur

I don't see why. Why can't there be two Ground types in one generation?

Ah, my apologies. I assumed from you saying "when there is going to be a Rock/Fire Golem" that you thought it was confirmed.

If artleaka's info is true though, I am going to suffer the same problem! I could easily make a team of just Alola Forms.

I think I'd go with:
    Alolan Marowak (Ghost/Fire)
    Alolan Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
    Alolan Muk (Ground)
    Alolan Raticate or Persian (Dark/Normal) or (Dark/???)
    Alolan Arcanine (Water)
    Alolan Dodrio (Fighting/Flying)

(Assuming somehow all the leaks are true XD)

7. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

Something like No new Megas, but we can still find the old Mega stones at some point. Like post-game they modify the Z-Ring to use Mega evolutions, maybe.

and I don't see why we cant get Alola starters as a gift from the professor. It'd be just like getting the kanto ones in X & Y.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  8. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Till all are One

What if there's an Alolan Bellossom and it's just a bigger, Vileplume sized, Bellossom?

9. Julia Artemis

Julia Artemis Well-Known Member

Highly doubtful. Alolan Vileplume would be far more likely, plus Bellosom already looks tropical enough to fit in with Alola

10. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Till all are One

I was mostly joking, but I will point out that Exeggutor was already a tropical palm tree before they made him a bigger skinnier palm tree.

11. loverofsheep

loverofsheep incrediblegoodboy

Alolan Raticate far surpassed my expectations. I just love it's big puffy cheeks I might actually end up using it on my team when I do my first play through.

12. BlitzGirl41

BlitzGirl41 Well-Known Member

Same here, and even though I am not a fan of Alolan forms, I like this idea of them being version exclusive. Maybe A-Vulpix and A-Sandshrew are exclusives, due to both being Ice-types.

13. Gizmoa

Gizmoa Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see someone enjoys it. For me, it looks like a normal raticate had a bad reaction to a beedrill sting and is about to tip over and suffocate, little arms flailing. If someone ever animates that, I will be very happy.... I am half tempted to pair it with a beedrill, vespiqueen or maybe even a cutiefly for doubles just for the silliness factor.

14. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

I actually enjoy the Alolan Raticate design but I am mildly disappointed with ability as I was hoping for something more dramatic than gluttony. Even if it does make perfect sense.

15. Andyomon00

Andyomon00 Seer of Doom

16. knightwolf09

knightwolf09 Well-Known Member

Dude do you not know you accidentally dropped something huge?

17. JVLightningLover

JVLightningLover Veteran Trainer

I just watched it and Oh my God...I love tan mullet Oak.

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

We knew that when Alola Marowak was revealed.

This does imply no Alola Corsola and no Alola Starmie, though, since we see them in Aether's lab areas. Lot less "well it could be staged" ambiguity

19. JVLightningLover

JVLightningLover Veteran Trainer

Yeah, not that Starmie needs it. Poor Corsola, though (not that we can guarantee that any other post-Gen 1 Mons will get Variants).

20. Beloberto

Beloberto Bug Catcher

Alolan Oak.
    [​IMG]
    Didn't saw that coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.