• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regional Variants/Alolan Forms Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I've been thinking of other possible Alolan forms... I apologize if some are repeats.

Tentacool line - Poison/Electric. Jellyfish stings.
Jynx - Grass/Fire. Hula dancer Jynx.
Stantler - Ice. Merry Christmas.
Sandile line - Ground/Water or just Water. Finally becomes true alligators/crocodiles.
Vanillite line - Ice/Something. I just want other flavors.
Tynamo line - Electric/Water. They are eels after all.

Also, I just had a thought... What if the Strange Souvenir was an Alolan form of... le gasp! Probopass!!!

Pleeease tell me you're imagining a red-nosed Stantler pulling a team of Winter Sawsbuck lmao. I love it.

As for Vanillite...

Ice/Rock - Rocky road
Ice/Fairy - Strawberry
Ice/Grass - Mint

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Alolan Sceptile with Grass/Electric typing. It gains access to Volt Switch and Wild Charge while becoming more of a physical attacker. It would make sense because Sceptile is partially based off a gecko and geckos are common in Hawaii.

Geckos may be common in Hawaii, but I doubt Sceptile are common in Alola, being a Starter and all. Honestly, since starters aren't found in the wild, it would be really hard for them to work Alola form Starters into the game.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I would love to see a Fire/Ghost typing for the Chimchar line in Alola. Monkey's are immensely located in tropical settings, and it would be lovely to see the best starter (in my opinion) given a new lease of life in S&M.

ECM

I would love to see a Fire/Ghost typing for the Chimchar line in Alola. Monkey's are immensely located in tropical settings, and it would be lovely to see the best starter (in my opinion) given a new lease of life in S&M.

I'm not opposed to starters getting Alolan forms, especially gen 4 since there is a chance they could get remade this gen. I'd love to also see Alolan variants for Aipom and Ambipom, and maybe the elemental monkeys, but not sure how they would work out. I'm thinking Fighting type Aipom and Ambipom. And perhaps Mankey and Primeape too, they could be Dark/Fighting or even pure Dark.

DarkerShining

It's been a few days since the new bit of information, and I have yet to talk about my feelings here, so here they are:

First of all, the new regional variants were a bit of a surprise, but it's an interesting idea. As for the revealed Alola forms themselves:

Alola!Exeggutor... The very first thing I thought when I saw it was "People are totally gonna make jokes comparing this thing to Yellow Diamond." And they did, among other things. I also guessed that they'd make jokes comparing it to Lesser Dog. This thing possibly becoming a fountain of memes did not surprise me. Anyways, aside from that, I find its new typing interesting and I wonder what moves it will be able to learn.

Next, Alola!Vulpix and Alola!Ninetales... I love their designs! Their typing really intrigues me. I hope there's a way I can get regular Vulpix/Ninetales in this too, because I want one of each.

Finally, Alola!Sandshrew and Alola!Sandslash... Well, they're certainly interesting too. I like Alola!Sandslash's design in particular.

Not sure how all of this will work, but I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

I really like these new versions of pokemon. My wishlist:

- Bug/Fighting Ledian-A
- Dragon/Fairy Dragonite-A that looks in the style of Dratini/Dragonair
- Tropius-A, I don't care how or what but please improve one of my favs
- Bug/Dragon Flygon-A

That's pretty much it. Although all bets are off now and we can't really predict anything. Hopefully that Marowak-A will be awesome and I can't wait to see it!! But this new system can create a lot of new pokemon for future gens so that is great.

Last edited:

Darthleapyous

Jeez i sincerely hope that it's not ONLY Gen 1 Pokemon getting an alolan form. Also, i wonder if this whole regional variant thing will carry onto future games? Anyways i wan't to see
1. Alolan Gardevoir as a Ghost/Fairy type (or maybe a dragon-type? It could be like a dragon-queen. That would be dope)
2. Alolan Chandelure, with newly coloured flames (green?)
3. Alolan Bisharp
4. Alolan Honedge line

DannyDiglett

I really like the idea of a virus version of Porygon (Electric/Poison) mentioned by Nunn earlier in this thread. I can see it as a mistake or accident from its creator or an aggressive version from an evil scientist. Please give the Porygon line some love!

I could see an Alolan Dragonite happen as well. Its type could be pure Dragon, Dragon/Water or Dragon/Fairy with the same color scheme as its pre evolutions. I came up with this idea because it’s still weird that we didn’t get a Mega Dragonite.

Since Alola is a tropical region, it’s very plausible they will do something with Bellossom and Tropius. It would be a missed chance if they won’t. This also applies for Solrock (Sun) and Lunatone (Moon).

Frisky

I'd like to see a pure water type Quagsire.

Or based on Wooper's dex entry for ORAS it can become Water/Poison.

I'd also like to see a Water/Fire type Octillery that way it can get STAB fire moves.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm still on the fence about these new forms. If they mean that I won't be able to get the original forms without needing to transfer them from XYORAS then I'll be extremely disappointed as I still prefer the older versions of the Pokemon and want to be able to use them as well as the Alolan forms. I hope the Alolan forms can only be obtained by catching the specific form (e.g only Alolan Sandshrew and Vulpix can evolve into Alolan Sandslash and Ninetales) or evolving in a certain area (so Exeggcute can evolve into regular and Alolan Exeggutor), and the form you get from breeding is dependant on the form of the parents.

Julia Artemis

I don't know if I'd like starters to get alternate forms. Maybe they can do this with Pansear

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Alola Form Golem:

The heat of Alola's volcanoes and constant sunlight have forced this Pokemon to abandon its heavy rock shell entirely. Without it Golem is far more agile, charging through the mountains of Alola at a fairly impressive clip. It is said that a single Tackle from this Pokemon is enough to send even an oil tankard flying, and its potent punches can defeat almost any foe. However, despite its strength and skill and battle, it is kind and benevolent, protecting those in need. It can often be found carrying Geodude and Graveler who have became exhausted due to the islands' heat into the shade, and standing guard over them as they rest.

Type: Fighting/Ground

Ability: Reckless/Sheer Force

Hidden Ability: Sand Rush

HP: 80
ATK: 120
DEF: 80
SPA: 55
SPD: 65
SPE: 95

Dreis

Pleeease tell me you're imagining a red-nosed Stantler pulling a team of Winter Sawsbuck lmao. I love it.

You absolutely must have Delibird in the sleigh

LittleEvil

Veteran Trainer
I've been thinking of other possible Alolan forms... I apologize if some are repeats.

Tentacool line - Poison/Electric. Jellyfish stings.
Jynx - Grass/Fire. Hula dancer Jynx.
Stantler - Ice. Merry Christmas.
Sandile line - Ground/Water or just Water. Finally becomes true alligators/crocodiles.
Tynamo line - Electric/Water. They are eels after all.

Also, I just had a thought... What if the Strange Souvenir was an Alolan form of... le gasp! Probopass!!!

So, in another thread, way before the alolan form reveal, I discussed my speculation of a new pokemon that was a grass/fire hula dancer. And after the reveal, I thought the same thing you did, "if not a new pokemon, how bout a grass/fire jinx?" I could dig it, it would learn dance moves like fiery dance and petal dance. How awesome would that be?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..

Ice/Rock - Chunky Monkey or Rocky Road flavored. Pick your delicious poison. Solid Rock or Levitate (I know, yet another Levitator, but otherwise it's just cannon fodder).

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Ice/Rock - Chunky Monkey or Rocky Road flavored. Pick your delicious poison. Solid Rock or Levitate (I know, yet another Levitator, but otherwise it's just cannon fodder).

hmmm Well if we're talking food, how about an Alola Form for Grimer and Muk based on poi? It is a Hawaiian rendition of a Polynesian dish that happens to be a viscous light purple paste. Here are some possible descriptions:

Grimer: Normally the toxins in its body would break down any plant life it treaded on, but the virulent plants found in the Alola region were unaffected. Said plants became stuck to Grimer's body, and over time various cleansing herbs purified it, removing its poisonous bacteria. Now it exudes a sweet, fresh aroma, and invigorates growth in any plants it oozes over.

Muk: Alolan Muk tend to keep to the shade of forests and jungles, as prolonged exposure to the sun will cause their sweet scent to turn sour. However, they will come into town on occasion, leaving a trail of their soothing aroma along the streets they pass down. This smell will bring people running out of their homes, as Muk just so happens to smell similar to a beloved Aloan dish.

Type: Grass/Fairy
Ability: Aroma Veil/Immunity
Hidden Ability: Gooey

HP: 105
ATK: 55
DEF: 90
SPA: 100
SPD: 100
SPE: 50

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
@ JVLightningLover

A poi version of Grimer and Muk completely slipped through my hands (truthfully, they can be just about any element design wise, their just big blobs of stuff). I also like your typing, stats, abilities and idea. Whatever version they do, it needs to get Gooey!

I originally put down a pure Ground (obviously viscous and brown), or Poison/Water (Black or really dark grey) version a page earlier. Ground because they're loosely based on Dorotabo, and Poison/Water because of the oil slick that constantly leaks from USS Arizona in Pearl Harbor Bay. Since Alola is based on Hawaii, this would have been a nice homage to that facet of current day Oahu. Game Freak can do whatever they want, but if we get a ton of side variations for cute and cuddlies, but none for Poison and anamorphic Pokes, we riot!

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
An Alola version of the Paras line where there isn't mushroom who's taking over/took over their brains. Gives those poor things a better life.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Alola Regigigas - Fighting with Iron Fist. Due to the climate of Alola and the constant training of dance fighting techniques, Regigigas has evolved into a more powerful version of it and is no longer limited to it's power. Some boost that this Regigigas is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.