• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regional Variants/Alolan Forms Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lycanadam

Trainer
I wondering how they will handle version exclusives. Vulpix, sandshrew and meowth were blue version exclusive pokemon, I wonder if it will be the same this time around. Havent heard much otherwise for red version exclusives, except that fake leak, "water arcanine"

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I wondering how they will handle version exclusives. Vulpix, sandshrew and meowth were blue version exclusive pokemon, I wonder if it will be the same this time around. Havent heard much otherwise for red version exclusives, except that fake leak, "water arcanine"
The leak isn't fake, if anything it has a lot of credibility.

PokeAJ

What if we did get a Dragonite along the lines of the dragonair design and it became dragon/fairy? Dragonair looks as much a fairy type as a dragon type really.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
What if we did get a Dragonite along the lines of the dragonair design and it became dragon/fairy? Dragonair looks as much a fairy type as a dragon type really.

I honestly hope not. It seems... Backwards. If you know what I mean.

clbgolden12

I can see that happening, but I wonder how it would affect Dragonite's design...

Does anymone else think they are hiding a big surprise with alolan persian?
I can see Alolan Persian happening, but I don't think it will be anything super big.

PokeAJ

I honestly hope not. It seems... Backwards. If you know what I mean.

Well it would certainly be a dragon slayer lol. On the flipside, it would become weak to the likes of fire and poison and remain weak to fairy and even weaker to steel. So not all an advantageous typing.

GDK

I can see Alolan Persian happening, but I don't think it will be anything super big.

I dunno they would have shown it already don't you think ?
I predict at least an extra typing (let's say fighting maybe, or dragon and give him a long neck) and maybe a new ability to replace pick up.

clbgolden12

I predict at least an extra typing (let's say fighting maybe, or dragon and give him a long neck) and maybe a new ability to replace pick up.
I don't think them hiding it means it'll get anything extra special, though.

However, I can see it gaining a type, and/or getting an ability change.

goodpeople25

So the predictable and not special at all route? Really him not gaining a type and a replacement ability would actually be the wierder thing. As is we don't have a fully evolved alolan from with one type, and regular persian already replaces pickup,

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I REALLY hope we get a Poison/Ice Muk Alola Form. It makes sense, Muk moved to the icy climate, but being toxic sludge it froze. It seems like it could easily be justified for it getting the ice typing, it would be a unique typing, it would be an extra poison type for us, it is a gen 1 pokemon, and Muk was used by Ash in the anime.

Poison/Ice isn't a terrible typing. It is weak to psychic, steel, fire, and ground, but the poison typing helps the ice typing resist fighting moves, and the ice typing helps the poison typing take down ground pokemon. Could see it becoming slower, but more defensive.

It would be pretty interesting offensively, and if it got STAB Ice Shard, that would work out nicely for it. That said, my idea for Muk went in a different direction.

Link to my Grimer/Muk Post: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...mp-Speculation-Thread&p=18123334#post18123334
Link to the sketch I drew for it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ubJh8cUutBUThSbGN0RmpISTQ/view

I actually did a write-up for a Dragonite similar to that, but with different Typing.

Link to my Dragonite Post: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...mp-Speculation-Thread&p=18123928#post18123928

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I'm trying to guess just how many Alola variants there may be in total. I'm thinking there's a probability of around 30 max? A box worth? They've all been for two stage evolutions, some of which havent included preevolutions. So that could give us around 20 different evolution families exhibiting variants?

I'm hoping for a number close to this so that it hopefully hasn't impacted the introduction of new species by much in this generation

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

my guess is 30-50 Alolan forms. We already have 8. By the same time in development XY had no known Mega Evos. So I feel we'll get a decent amount. Really hope to see Alolan Tangela, Jynx, Electrabuzz, Magmar, Arbok, Farfetch'd, Voltorb, Muk, Arcanine, and Weezing. They need something to help them out....well except Arcanine but I just want a reason to use him again.

R_N

my guess is 30-50 Alolan forms. We already have 8. By the same time in development XY had no known Mega Evos. So I feel we'll get a decent amount. Really hope to see Alolan Tangela, Jynx, Electrabuzz, Magmar, Arbok, Farfetch'd, Voltorb, Muk, Arcanine, and Weezing. They need something to help them out....well except Arcanine but I just want a reason to use him again.

Tangela, Electabuzz, Magmar...I do wonder if they'll bother with pokemon that have cross-gen evolutions

I'd hope that there wouldn't be an Alolan form exclusive to a NFE pokemon. How lame would it be if only Electabuzz had an Alola form with no Alola Electivire to evolve into

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Goldeen and seaking need some love. Hopefuly they'll get one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.