• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regional Variants/Alolan Forms Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Grimer is now my favorite Alolan form/variant, wonder what it's shiny will be like.

I love how goofy looking it is.

Can't wait to see Muk and Persian.

LoveMcQueen5683

Grimer is now my favorite Alolan form/variant, wonder what it's shiny will be like.

I love how goofy looking it is.

Can't wait to see Muk and Persian.

I hope all the alolan pokemon that just got a color difference revert back to their original scheme for their shiny forms. Example, alolan grimer is purple and alolan vulpix is orange

TyLogic

One thing that I noticed is that, in the official artwork, Alolan Grimer appears to be primarily black, but in the screenshot, it appears to be some sort of blackish-green. I hope they make it resemble it's official artwork a little more before the game comes out.

sheld999

i rather prefer alolan grimer to be silver and gold color for shiny form

WyvernTamer

I still think that Aloan variations are going to stay Kanto only for now. Not to say that's a bad thing, this whole region variation thing opens the pathway for many things to come in the future. If there is a possible Diamond/Pearl remake might get Shinoh variants of Gen 2 Pokemon or when gen 8 comes along whichever is first. All in all I think this was a great thing they implemented and can't wait to see what else they come up with.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm so glad Alolan Muk looks good.

It makes up for the the yellow lipped fiend. How come they haven't shown Alolan Persian yet, though?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I think I like A-Muk more in his art than in game, but it might grow on me. The rock finger-tips are what's bugging me right now. Doesn't seem to fit his animations. I do love that he gets Poison Touch as a standard ability though, it is one of my favs, and the way I always used regular Muk. Hopefully the explanation as to how it got that way will clear up what the rock pieces are all about and what's going on with that colour scheme. I'm presuming for the moment it is supposed to represent the rainbow effect of an oil slick.

scififan21

Alolan Muk is awesome and I'm seriously considering putting it on one of my teams. Love the 'teeth' and the different colors.

Andraste

Alolan Muk is ridiculous and awesome. But what the hell are the Alolans putting in their garbage that turned it into that?! I've never had any interest in Grimer or Muk before, but I'm seriously considering training one of these. Probably won't be on my main team for Pokemon Sun, though, unless I end up hating both Salandit's evolution(s) AND Alolan Persian.

Speaking of which, I really wish they'd shown Alolan Persian. (Which is greedy of me given all the neat stuff they did show, but I reaaaaally want to settle my last team slot.)

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
When I first saw a glance of Alola Muk, The term "RAINBOW SLUDGE!" comes to mind. Grimer must have gotten into some nasty stuff to change into it!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I think I like A-Muk more in his art than in game, but it might grow on me. The rock finger-tips are what's bugging me right now. Doesn't seem to fit his animations. I do love that he gets Poison Touch as a standard ability though, it is one of my favs, and the way I always used regular Muk. Hopefully the explanation as to how it got that way will clear up what the rock pieces are all about and what's going on with that colour scheme. I'm presuming for the moment it is supposed to represent the rainbow effect of an oil slick.

Since Grimer looks like coolant seeping into motor oil, it seems like a possibility. That, or consuming all of Alola's trashed prescription drugs has it tripping HARD.

As for the "rock pieces", they are crystalized toxins. Apparently it takes in so much garbage due to its role as Alola's waste disposal system that the toxins actually solidify, and can be used as teeth and claws (so it can learning biting/slashing moves).

gliscor&yanmega

After the description and seeing Alolan Muk, I love them. I especially love that Alolan Muk's colours are moving while in motion, it's like someone puked up a rainbow...even if in reality it's basically trash and toxins, but hey...still looks nice.

I guess there are no Trubbish or Garbodor in Alola though...Grimer and Muk ate them all. Unless they got Alolan forms and are now...not trash? Recycling? Or maybe compose.

Status
Not open for further replies.