• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regions United?

DarkZerkerX

Master Coordinator
I was watching Dawns wallace cup ribbon episode where the TV girl said "The cup can be used on all regions" and i started to wonder. There are different grand festivals, the mafia of that region,the specialty,and even the pokemon league.

But there are also many many references of other regions. So do you think the regions are ruled under one leader(United) or just regions not yet put together?

ThePokéman09

It's been stated that each region (hence the designation) is part of a larger political entity; i.e. it's like the USA with all the states.

I think they are fine the way they should be. I don't even think the Pokemon world has a leader for a whole reagion, but I dunno much about that x.x

Also, it doesn't exactly matter that an item can be used in other regions. Its just like US money/other countires being able to be used in other countries. It doesn't need to all be rules under one leader or connected.

That was a bad example

DarkZerkerX

Master Coordinator
But if so,no other region seems to give a flying fadoodle.I mean in Hoenn Groudon and Kyogre have been awakened and starts to mess up hoenn,but sinnohs just fine with it.No extra militant back up,no sending somebody,just stay at home watch dawns mom and her friend battle.

But if so,no other region seems to give a flying fadoodle.I mean in Hoenn Groudon and Kyogre have been awakened and starts to mess up hoenn,but sinnohs just fine with it.No extra militant back up,no sending somebody,just stay at home watch dawns mom and her friend battle.

What military?

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I dont think all the regions are ruled under one general leader. That would make it look like someone rules all of the Pokemon World. I think each region can possibly have 1 leader that rules that one region and nothing more.

Officer Jennies ftw

Again, what military?

Officer Jenny isn't much of a military. The police force itself hardly does anything in the anime.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Think the regions Ash and company are traveling through were united fairly recently (in the last 50 years or so) so now Trainers can travel freely from Region to Region and Professors can begin making one Master Pokedex for all of the Pokemon in the World by merging their Regional Pokedexes. These areas are pretty much controlled by a Republic that makes a generalized set of Laws, Rules, and Regulations for the inhabitants of all allied Regions to follow which is why the setup for the League is the same almost everywhere. There are still Kings, Queens, Princesses, and Princes in each Region but their titles are honorary these days and they have little political power.

On the other hand I also think that we're only explored a very small part of the Pokemon World thus far. There may be hundreds of other areas out there with their own native Pokemon and ways of government.

DarkZerkerX

Master Coordinator
Oh and by the way of the militant power thing, thats what i mean,it seems the regions are always open to attack but the police force is the only thing close to a military in pokemon.

buizel kid

there most likely not

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Kanto is ruled by the Hokage,Johto the Kazkage,Hoen the Mizukage and Sinnoh is ruled by George W. Bush!

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
It could be possible that each Region has a champion and then like there is like some sort of champion of the world, but other than that, I think we're digging too deep into it perhaps

Linkdarkside

well so far Kanto,Jotho,Hoenn and Sinoh are part of the same country,they probably have Governors and a President which gover the entire country.

it unknown if Orre,Fiore and Almia are Part of the same country.(probably it is)

that probably means there a National Elite 4 and National Champion and a Global Elite 4 and Global Champion.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

That's because nobody knew about that except for Ash&Co./Magma/Aqua/Rocket/Lance.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Japan is one country that includes several regions, which...wait, sorry, this is the franchise that bases its regions off of Japan. It's so easy to confuse the two.

Going by the "Pokemon world is thinly veiled Japan-analogue" model, all the regions we've seen in the anime(aka "the ones from the main games", plus the orange islands) are part of one country, separated into various administrative regions. The government seems to be fairly non-controlling, since it seems that the primary forces preventing people from doing whatever the hell they want are:
-Random ten year old boys who swoop in to solve problems, then zoom away the instant they're solved
-The vague(and sometimes not-so-vague) disapproval of the people around them
-The policahahahah like any of them ever do anything useful. Other than that one "wild" Jenny.

It's hard to tell anything more than that, because the anime revolves around a ten year old boy who wants to be the best Pokemon trainer ever and his tagalongs, none of whom really care enough about the politics of the Pokemon world world to drag them out where the viewer can see them.

DarkZerkerX

Master Coordinator
That's because nobody knew about that except for Ash&Co./Magma/Aqua/Rocket/Lance.

Well then, the government is even more incompetent than if it were ruled by a monkey.....wait it did!Hint hint

DarkZerkerX

Master Coordinator

Well then, the government is even more incompetent than if it were ruled by a monkey.....wait it did!Hint hint