• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Regirock - More random Pokemon in OU!

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
289.gif

Yep, I'm at it again. I've decided to start off a bit better on the board. Regirock, with it's huge Defense, passable HP and that Good-ish SDef make for interesting. However... I've devised my own thoughts for this. Sandstorm. Trick Room. Yes, this was farely shabby at my first thoughts... But oh how I've thought thorough.

Anyways, I'll get on this RMT. I didn't put quite as much thought for the different Pokemon on this as my prior, but my gosh do I think it's a cool thought.

*At a Glance*
450.gif
377.gif
212.gif
227.gif
380.gif
251.gif
377.gif

So. Here's the start of the team, of which I built off of. This guy is a tank of massive proportions, especially...
248.gif
377.gif

...In sandstorm. Quite the boost, no? Special moves barely scratch this team so far. However, I've got a big weakness to Fighting, a hefty weakness to Ground, Grass, Water... Yeah. So, I considered using Hippowdon.
450.gif
377.gif

I wasn't sure about this, and after a bit of thought I just went with T-Tar to be safe.
248.gif
377.gif

So, what do I do now? Those weaknesses are hard to use, and they're both quite slow... This is where it hit me. As much as no one thinks about it, Cofagrigus is quite a usable choice. His low speed, amazing Defense, and using Leftovers and Pain Split are good recovery. I'm going with this guy for now, even though Sandstorm is going to whittle down his HP...
248.gif
377.gif
563.gif

After this I was at quite the block; I still needed my team to be slow, at least for most of them. I also needed something that's able to be immune to Sandstorm, or at least cope. A Wishpasser would also be useful. This quite literally lowered my choices to one. Jirachi. It's also a good fit, resisting Grass and bringing only a third Ground weakness. 'Only'. I'll deal with that later.
248.gif
377.gif
563.gif
385.gif

Okay. Ground & Fighting resists. Something Immune to Sandstorm. Tough bill. However, Bronzong caught my attention as possibly the best out of the list. It also has another perk; it can set up Trick Room as well, and can use it well, too. So, I got it on my team.
248.gif
377.gif
563.gif
385.gif
437.gif

So after this I found out I still have a weakness to Ground. So, my choices were limited. Something immune to sandstorm that's not hurt hard by Water, Grass, Ground... Grass-Types come up. However, Ground, Rock and Steel will all neutralize one of these. So, what do I do? I've narrowed down possibilities. Using one, of which Ground is the only safe. Torterra. *Shudders*. Ignore that glaring Ground Weakness? Ferrothorn and Cradily come up. Both can be useful, but... Ground neutrality probably isn't worth it. Overcoat? Oh god no Leavanny... So... This was my current problem. I figured that I'd have to sacrifice Sandstorm immunity, so my current choice was Celebi.
248.gif
377.gif
563.gif
385.gif
437.gif
251.gif

Now, with this handy-dandy weakness calculator, Ground is still too prevalent. As well as that, a Fire weakness is stacking up. This team is falling into a pretty big mess. So, what do I do? Wishmence, that's what! Sorry Jirachi.
248.gif
377.gif
563.gif
437.gif
373.gif
251.gif

So, now, I've found this disproportioned team is quite unreasonable, but it's weaknesses are cleared up, and as I see it, in the long run, it's a lot more valuable than Sandstorm immunity.
248.gif
377.gif
579.gif
437.gif
373.gif
251.gif

Then I realized Cofagrigus could go. Okay, just a little tidbit to help the team. Whatever, one less Sandstorm hit.

HOWEVER, after a notification from 3.14kachu, Ice and Dragon needed a bit more resistance. And I couldn't just add any Steel-Type at all. So, I go with re-using Hippowdon, and then placing Scizor where Reuniclus was. Celebi is now my only Special Sweeper though, as well as only one TR setter. This may need to be messed with more.
450.gif
377.gif
212.gif
437.gif
373.gif
251.gif

Now, after some pointers from BH, Bronzong is gone, and Salamence is gone, both in favor of typical workings, as well as an editted Celebi.
450.gif
377.gif
212.gif
227.gif
380.gif
251.gif

So, now that I've shown you my horribly un-thought-out process, I'll give you my current thoughts on it. As my prior team, I've not made this on PO yet, as I'm wanting some help prior. Anyways, on to the team.

450.gif

Hippowdon(M)
Ability: Sandstream
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
(0 Spd IV)
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Fang

The replacement for Tyranitar, and serving a role as a SS-setting, bulky, hazard-setting Pokemon. EQ is offensive STAB, Slack Off is great recovery, Stealth Rock is the said hazards and Ice Fang is for coverage against most. I'm considering changing the spread a bit to give it a tad better offenses, but I'm unsure as of now.

377.gif

Regirock (N/A)
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Relaxed
(0 Spd IV)
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SDef
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge
-Curse

Regirock. The basis for this RMT, and a crazy wall in Sandstorm. Anyways, Drain Punch is recovery over Rest, Ice Punch is for coverage and some nice SE hits, Stone Edge is a STAB that has quite good coverage with Drain Punch.

212.gif

Scizor(M)
Ability: Technician
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SDef
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-Bug Bite
-Roost

Standard Scizor if I'm correct. I can see why it's such a strong Pokemon, and this set should be good. Bullet Dance is going to be used alot, Bug Bite is seperate STAB, Roost is to retain Bulkiness. The best thing I see though, is Scizor's slow. Naturally. Then, he's also got Priority; So in OR out of Trick Room he functions properly. Quite nice.

227.gif

Skarmory(M)
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Brave Bird

Standard Skarm. Hazards up, whirlwind Opponents, Roost off Damage. BB is the needed STAB.

380.gif

Latias(F)
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP, 4 SDef, 252 Spd
-Dragon Pulse
-Roar
-Reflect
-Recover

Latias, also curtosy of BH. Dragon Pulse is necessary STAB, Roar is for PHazing, Reflect doubles defense, Recover is important healing.
251.gif

Celebi(N/A)
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 212 Def, 44 Spd
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power(Fire)

Curtosy to BH for the set, Bulky Celebi is Standard, I believe. Calm Mind is for boosting the obvious stats, Recover is a form of Recovery not dependant on the foe's typing, Giga Drain is a STAB and another form of Recovery, and Hidden Power(Fire) is for coverage.

Okay, so there's my thoughts for it before I implement it. Notice before; I'm looking for help prior to PO as I did before. Any help would be appreciated :D

Last edited:

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Wow! This team is very.....interesting. It looks like it could work, but what's the point of running a salamence in TR???

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
So I don't have to rely on TR for doing stuff. I thought this kind of thing wa normal.

On Regirock try max HP and max Sp Def. If you do he will laugh off Grass Knots like they're nothing. Also lol what is Substitute for. Drop it for Ice Punch, or if you feel brave Rest.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
This is a pretty good team. I always wanted to try Regirock in sand, but the double weaknesses with Tyranitar and Hippowdon made the idea seem less appealing. Still, I think you pulled it off pretty well. Some suggestions:

Ice is a huge problem for this team, which nothing but Bronzong checks. Weavile, for instance, can bring this team to its knees. As Bronzong is also your only Dragon check, it seems like there's too much pressure on it. Once it faints, your team becomes a lot easier to deal with, and you have no clear switch-ins to a lot of threats (Latios sweep!). You probably don't want to hear this, but it seems like Regirock is the weak link - it's the only pokemon I would consider abandoning, probably in favor of Heatran.

Some obvious threats are Starmie, Porygon-2, Latios, Electivire, Zapdos, Gyarados, Salamence, Haxorus, and Dragonite. Given all of that, I really think you should throw in either a Heatran or a Magnezone in place of Regirock. Sorry. I guess its pointless saying that your Regirock team would be better without the Regirock.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Or I could simply reconfigure the team a bit... I'm dying to keep Regirock in. If I switch Hippowdon back in for TTar, then Fighting becomes less prevalent as a weakness, I need less of a Fighting resist, I could slash maybe a Steel-Type in for Reuniclus, but I'd like some thoughts ofr it... Scizor or Metagross are my current thoughts, both being bulky, but Metagross being more bulky but adding Ground weakness, Scizor for neutrality to ground but paying in overall bulkiness.

Others could be good, too, any suggestions? I'll add Hippow if this goes like such.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Scizor is a good idea. It will help you with the Ice/Dragon weakness and give Bronzong more breathing room. Plus, it will give you a priority user so you can beat Cloyster, Deoxys-S and Smeargle.

Getting rid of Reuniclus, your most reliable special sweeper, is sub-optimal. Still, if you insist on using Regirock, then I guess Reuniclus is out.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Okay, adding Scizor and Hippowdon to the current team, and I'll take it on PO now...

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
maybe use a Specially defensive set on scizor and change grass knot for giga drain on celebi so you have a form of healing off your life orb damage

Specs Politoed destroys this team. Specs Hydro Pump + Stealth Rocks OHKOs all of your Pokemon except Celebi (who takes 55% minimum and can't heal).

You are also wrecked by X-Scissor Balloon Excadrill. +2 X-Scissor 2HKOs Bronzong who can do nothing besides Gyro Ball or hope Hypnosis hits.

I would run a different Celebi set and drop Salamence for Latias. Also run a more defensive set on Bronzong.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 212 Defense / 44 Speed

Calm Mind
Recover
Giga Drain
HP Fire

Does a pretty good job of leveling most teams if you play smart (aka switch out of Volcarona and assume Excadrill has X-Scissor until proven wrong.. also it does not usually beat Reunicles).

Latias would do well over Salamence since your set looks.. bad. Mence is decent at sponging physical hits but you're running.. Hasty? Just use Latias. It can Wish pass if you want but also handle Politoed and hard counter rain in general.

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Sp Defense

Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind / Reflect
Roar
Recover

Probably Reflect though having double Calm Minders could work to wear down shared counters (TTar can switch in only so many times). You can also run Wish + Protect + Roar + Dragon Pulse to keep Wish passing, but Latias isn't very good at it.

Drop OTR Bronzong for a Skarmory. Too any things beat OTR Bronzong now.. Physical Skarmory, Taunt Jellicent, Sub+Protect Gliscor, Ferrothorn etc. Spikes are great for Celebi and Regirock, and pair well with Hippowdon and Latias.

This would leave you with a bit of an Ice weakness but Regirock takes hits so well and between Scizor and Skarmory you should do fine.

Ok so..

Skarmory > Bronzong
CM + Bulk on Celebi
Latias > Salamence