• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Relationships - BFs/GFs/crushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
i was thinking about reading a dream diary or something but i guess i haven't because i'm so unwilling to delve deeper into this dream for fear of.. something.. lol

i really don't know honestly, you could be 100% right, and his reaction when i told him about the dream (which may have been a mistake) wasn't negative at all. maybe he doesn't like me but i BELIEVE that he does? idk..

hahahaha thanks yeti, you're the best... i think the bp interpretation makes the most sense out of any ROCK ON LEVIATHAN MY BABIES ARE YOURS (BR)!!!!! the fact that this is happening is so traumatising :\ :/ :\ :/

could it be pure affection?

Rave

Banned
i was thinking about reading a dream diary or something but i guess i haven't because i'm so unwilling to delve deeper into this dream for fear of.. something.. lol

If you don't face these things face on, you're only gonna be in fear for a long time, and its gonna haunt you. And yeah, a dream journal helps. I keep one for myself when I have a dream. But I'm so lazy, I put it on my private journals on livejournal and shit.

Besides, its not like its gonna come true.

I had a dream about a girl I liked that I've been trying hard to get to like me. In the dream, we ended up going steady and making out, but that didn't happen. Instead, in real life, she tells me she's afraid of me and doesn't see me that way and is annoyed by me for supposedly bugging her and all that crap she claims.

So yeah, you're in the clear, as far as I can see.

i really don't know honestly, you could be 100% right, and his reaction when i told him about the dream (which may have been a mistake) wasn't negative at all. maybe he doesn't like me but i BELIEVE that he does? idk..

That's a mistake. Doing that, pretty much made it seemed like you trust him. Luckily I never told my dream to the person I had it about.

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
My girl friend and I have been dating a little over 10 months, and I've loved every moment of it

:D

I think I've noted this before on the forums, but some other conversations came up, so I'll repost basically my question.

What is the defining factor for the start of a relationship? That is, how do most relationships start, exactly, or does it just get to that point where both assume you're in a relationship? I mean, hanging out and spending time with members of the opposite gender alone doesn't make up a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, but a little past that...What makes it a relationship?

Mainly asking because this girl and I are starting to talk and hang out more often, so I want to know at what point we would be considered together.

Profesco

gone gently
I think I've noted this before on the forums, but some other conversations came up, so I'll repost basically my question.

What is the defining factor for the start of a relationship? That is, how do most relationships start, exactly, or does it just get to that point where both assume you're in a relationship? I mean, hanging out and spending time with members of the opposite gender alone doesn't make up a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, but a little past that...What makes it a relationship?

Mainly asking because this girl and I are starting to talk and hang out more often, so I want to know at what point we would be considered together.

The two of you decide to call it one. ^_^;

zipzap713

@Peteyism
When one of you asks the other out, would be one. Thats what my girlfriend considered the start of our relationship. I considered the start of our relationship at the same point, but didn't consider her my girlfriend until handholding and me finally kissing her. But my best friend considered us to be going out when we first started hanging out alot. It all depends who you ask, frankly.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I didnt really read most of the thread, I just read a couple of posts and want to share my opinion. I think that alot of highschool relationships do count. Me and my partner have been together since the start of 10th grade and we're engaged now. I have a friend who started dating a girl just before me and my partner got together. They're still together, they have a little girl now and they couldnt be happier. I know alot of couples who have been together since high school. My grandparents are high school sweethearts, they got married when my nan was 16 and theyve been together for 50 years now. Dont underestimate the power of love, you can find it anywhere.

When either one of the two people involved in the relationship asks the other out..?

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
I didnt really read most of the thread, I just read a couple of posts and want to share my opinion. I think that alot of highschool relationships do count. Me and my partner have been together since the start of 10th grade and we're engaged now. I have a friend who started dating a girl just before me and my partner got together. They're still together, they have a little girl now and they couldnt be happier. I know alot of couples who have been together since high school. My grandparents are high school sweethearts, they got married when my nan was 16 and theyve been together for 50 years now. Dont underestimate the power of love, you can find it anywhere.

yeah love can last a long time if you see past all the hardtimes. >_> came out all wrong

tomthepom

No relationship is useless; it allows you to grow. As does love.

this is just my opinion, but in my opinion, love doesnt exist, its just something our brain does, the same as any other emotion, its just a chemical reaction, nothing special about that.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
this is just my opinion, but in my opinion, love doesnt exist, its just something our brain does, the same as any other emotion, its just a chemical reaction, nothing special about that.
So...then why do people kill themselves for some chemical reaction. While I know love isn't what people make it out to be sometimes...I don't dismiss it as something not existing. If it is JUST a chemical reaction, then it is something. We call that...'something' love. Emotions...are diff. chemical reactions in our brain right? So that means emotions exist, through said reactions. Love is just a strong reaction in the brain.

It's like saying...you can't be scared, since that's just a chemical reaction. To me, I mean. I'm not trying to disrespect your opinion on the matter, I'm just wondering how you quantify other things that aren't real. And something is special about a chemical reaction that bends people to do crazy things. I think it's pretty special. Just like a good friendship. What would that be? A feeling...while not love its something. Just like loving your family...or siblings...feeling something to the point you would be willing to die for it. Idk. I just think it's more than a reaction to a few chemical sparks in the brain. But then I guess that boils down to faith, souls and other stuff.

Grei

not the color

That... doesn't make any sense. Sunsurge has a point: with that logic no emotion would exist, each one would just be a 'chemical reaction' of the brain. Emotions have been proven to exist.

[Disclaimer: The following spiel isn't directed at you, tomthepom, but just a general spiel that is general.]

I don't understand how love can affect so many people and yet people can still deny it's existence. You develop love for your parent, as well as any guardian figure as a baby. As an (arguably, I guess) pure and innocent being. Your love strengthens as you get older. Eventually you become attached to a companion, and over time, once you understand what love is, that love extends to those who are your companions (i.e. friends, and girlfriends).

Love is with you practically from birth and stays with you. I could see, then, where it would be harder to love if you never felt love in the early stages of life, but that doesn't mean you cannot love, and that doesn't mean love does not exist.

I dunno. Again, general spiel is general.

Last edited:

Hero

OOHH YEE YOU WANT ME
Thank you for providing us with:

A) The first three .pdf files that popped up when you searched up 'emotions brain chemicals' in google.
B) Three .pdf files you most likely have not read.

SORRY JENNI D:

Ye I googled it. Ye I read them. Ye they back up the claim.
Nice rebuttal.

tomthepom

please dont take any offence to this...

Sunsurge
"So...then why do people kill themselves for some chemical reaction."

why do people kill themselves anyway? coulda be a mental disorder, could be derpression, could be anything.

"It's like saying...you can't be scared, since that's just a chemical reaction."

tub6.gif

According to the James-Lange theory (red arrows), the man perceives the frightening animal and reacts with physical (neurovegetative) manifestations. As a consequence of such unpleasant physical reaction, he develops fear. In the Cannon-Bard theory (blue arrows), the frightening stimulus leads, first, to the feeling of fear which, then, brings about the physical response.

basically someone sees somehting scary and it sets off a chemical reation in the brain to either fight or flee.

this could be similar to how maybe 'love' works.

Grei

"You develop love for your parent, as well as any guardian figure as a baby."

thats attachment, basic survival needs, it has been proven that a newborn baby cannot tell the difference between it's mother and any common ape.

everything else mentioned too is just attachment, or another basic survive skill.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
My reply to that is so?
I know our brain is made up of chemicals. We still feel. It's not like this changes anything. You can give me an in depth logical explanation on hunger. Doesn't mean I don't get hungry. Same thing applies for "love".

Last edited:
So I'm am very wary of getting into a relationship. I am very shy about people and make few close friends. My past 'boyfriend' died, while a guy I hooked up with after Homecoming was a buttwipe (he came over to my house the night after Homecoming at nine in the morning and insisted on staying the day - I had told him my address, and he somehow found my house in the middle of nowhere). He was clingy and came over to my house at SEVEN IN THE MORNING for no reason - THREE TIMES. Also at the Halloween dance where I cosplayed, he tried to force me to dance with him during the last slow song just because it was the last slow song, even though I was in visible pain and hunkered in a ball against the wall from shortness of breath and nausea. Which I explained to him countless times.

I broke up with him by saying "Listen: I am easily annoyed, you are being very clingy and right now I need my space because I'm having some friendship troubles. Also I'm sick as sh*t and you don't seem to get that, no, I don't want to dance with your pasty, filthy, grimy self. You're stressing me out and I need to be alone."

He emo'd about it, but a week later he was dating some other chick. Whatever.

I apparently have many people who want to date me for my assets at high school, which is something I'd never heard of before. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.