1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships - BFs/GFs/crushes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Kelsh, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow wolf

shadow wolf The one and only!

For, The Dean of Suds
    Hahaha, reminds me of my friend.
    There are pros and cons to this situation. First the cons, she might end up flirting with others if you can stand it, good. The pros, you are with a girl you like.
    If you have any more question for me about this, go ahead and ask. I got personal experience from this.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. The Sarge

The Sarge look into my eyes...

I can't dump her because we are not dating, just in the talking process. The only reason she doesn't want to take it the next step, as I found out today, is because she is scared about what will happen when i go to college.

3. Oh, well I suppose you should just tell her you feel upset that you're being ignored, and how you think she should spend some time with you too. If she can't handle a long distance relationship though, then there might be trouble.

4. intergalactic platypus

intergalactic platypus Only rescues maidens

She's prob. right. College changes a lot, and it kills high school relationships generally

5. Rave

Rave Banned

Sure, if you want her to stay mad with them forever and killing any chance of a possible relationship.

6. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

I know the girl I like doesn't reciprocate the feelings, but I still want to meet up with her and do things friends would do. However, my feelings still exist, and so it makes it very hard for me to engage in any conversation without stuttering or being short of breath, and I can't help myself to feel that I could still try to start something with her. I also seem to subconsciously.....well, stalk her, though it's not for malicious intentions. Recently, she hasn't talked with me much, if at all - when I get on Facebook, she gets off, and when we meet up in the hall for our next class, it's lucky to get anything more than a "Hey, what's up? Not much." before she walks away and class starts - and I think my recent actions are the reason for that.

Is there anything I could do for myself to regain the friendship I may have lost somewhat?

7. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

Tricky one.
    I think girls tend to get uncomfortable and feel that everything is just too awkward when a guy likes them that they don't like. And also the fact that most guys tend to never give up on trying to win the girl over. In a lot of cases at least, the more you see the girl or hang out, the longer those feelings will last. The more you see her, the more you want her I guess is the easiest to put it.

She probably feels suffocated even though you may not even be bothering her that much. Girls are weird, but so are guys, which is why these things happen. When girls just want to be friends, they expect the guy to lose the feelings and be just a friend. Because I know when I want to just be friends with a guy, THAT'S WHAT I WANT, and if he continues to push his shit on me, then we can't see each other. It's just too awkward.

In your case, I would recommend spending some time away from her. And when I say some time ..I mean at least a few months. That gives it time to stop wondering about her, thinking of how she looks, stalking her (which is probably why she goes to lengths to avoid you it seems.) It just will give time and hopefully your interest in her will fade and when you see her again, you guys can hopefully start talking again and be friends.

On topic for me,
    I've had a guy who has probably liked me since we met in sophomore year. We were in the same few classes ..and it's not that hard to figure out when somebody develops an obvious interest in you. And when you don't share those same feelings, and you just want to be friends (which is what we stayed, no matter how hard he tried.) It made me feel bad and awkward every time we hung out, but D: We slowly lost contact in senior year due to personal problems that I needed to sort out. And after we graduated we stopped seeing each other. But recently he's started working at the mall, the mall I work at. So it's common to see him again. And he's started up with this shit again ..even though I'm pretty sure he's in a relationship too atm. o.o Even has gone to sending me pics of his uhm ..thing, and then saying that HE'S SO SORRY SOMEBODY GOT ON HIS SCREENAME/PHONE AND SENT THEM! >> it's pretty creepy nowadays.
    And I'm always in work, hoping he doesn't pop up. or when I'm on break somewhere, he's not somewhere nearby. it sucks, but do you blame me?
    and sorry I went totally tl;dr. x3;

8. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

@Sonic Boom: Kit Kat's right; girls seem to be crummy in that regard. And it doesn't sound like you've been doings things perfectly, either. You're going to want to stay as far from her as possible. Her avoiding you is going to make you feel awful, and you fawning over her is going to make her feel awful. It's not good for either of you.

Ew. Call the cops or something.

9. shadow wolf

shadow wolf The one and only!

He's right on both accounts. Any who isn't the guy doing something that can get the law involved?

10. intergalactic platypus

intergalactic platypus Only rescues maidens

That's like sexual harassment, and if he goes further it could border on stalking. You seriously shouldn't take that kind of sh*t from him

11. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

My type of "stalking" is laughable compared to the types of stalking people envision. All I typically do is just wait at the middle of the hall at a table where I'm noticeable so I could hope to engage in conversation with her for a few minutes, and send her the off-the-wall text message at times.

But it seems it may be a problem anyway.

From what she told me, she may be moving to OK City in the summer, so that won't be much of a problem for me I guess.

Alert management, police, w/e. Tell them what this guy's doing. It's.....wow >_>

You two gave me the response I expected, yet really didn't want to hear.

But come May, this may all be a thing of the past.

12. Papa Doc

Papa Doc Mewtwo's Trainer

Damn, my record for going out with a chick is 1 day! And this happened last sunday, I at least wanted get laid.. Anyways, right now there is this chick who I went to school with, we hung out a lot, and then I moved away for four months, and now I'm in the process of returning to that very same school. Now to the point, we have been keeping contact since I have moved away, she has said a lot of times she can't wait until I come back, that she wants to hang out with me, she misses me, etc. etc.. So, is this a sign that I may have a chance with her? I would like your honest opinions on this and any other thoughts you may have.

13. ^
    You...went out for one day...and wanted to get laid.
    Wow.
    That's just...disgusting.

That doesn't mean you have a "chance" with her, she just wants to catch up. If you were great friends, she probably wants to rekindle an old friendship, not go out with you/knock you up.

14. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

I'm going to be honest and just say forget about it. From the sounds of it she's either annoyed as **** or doesn't give a **** at all. You may be making your impression worse by doing this.

15. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

I am going to offer an alternative interpretation on this. It could be that you are imagining things. Your feelings may be getting the better of you causing you to think irrationally. Unless you have done something that would have really bothered her, I don't see why she would specifically be avoiding you.

I suggest not worrying about it so much. Take a break from worrying about whether you will be able to spend time with her and allow yourself to calm down about it. It will be easier to know if she still wants to be friends by letting her take the initiative, instead of putting pressure on her to talk/hang out or whatever.

16. Papa Doc

Papa Doc Mewtwo's Trainer

Haha.
    Disgusting, yeah, but I'm straight! You're honest though, that's a +1 in my book. Anyways, I prefer relationships than to just fool around, but just so you know, we would've, but we were at the park, and there were people, we didn't have a place to go.. so yeah, bet you didn't want to know, but now you do, why? Because I never let anyone own me with their comments.

As for what you said about my friend, you're probably right, but I'll let things take their natural course either way.

Thanks.

17. Ethan

Ethan Banned

Uhh...prom, prom, prom, prom...complications.

So I asked the girl from my drama class that I flirt with all the time to prom, and she was in Boston on a choir tour, so instead of waiting I asked over facebook because she won't be back until after spring break. It actually wasn't that lame, I made an actual video and card things that were pretty cute to make up for it. Or at least I thought so. So now I'm playing the waiting game for her to respond. But its not actually that I'm really worried about. I'm about 85% sure that she'll say yes because yeah...we're really obvious flirts.

Problem is, my best friend that lives in another city doesn't think she can get a date for prom in time and wants me to go two proms. Which is technically feasible as they are on May 1st and May 9th. However, the prom tickets are expensive. 70$ for both and I can only afford one. I've already asked the drama class girl, but still I can't have my best friend go alone.

18. Ethan

Ethan Banned

Uhh...prom, prom, prom, prom...complications.

So I asked the girl from my drama class that I flirt with all the time to prom, and she was in Boston on a choir tour, so instead of waiting I asked over facebook because she won't be back until after spring break. It actually wasn't that lame, I made an actual video and card things that were pretty cute to make up for it. Or at least I thought so. So now I'm playing the waiting game for her to respond. But its not actually that I'm really worried about. I'm about 85% sure that she'll say yes because yeah...we're really obvious flirts.

Problem is, my best friend that lives in another city doesn't think she can get a date for prom in time and wants me to go to two proms. Which is technically feasible as they are on May 1st and May 9th. However, the prom tickets are expensive. 70$ for both and I can only afford one. I've already asked the drama class girl, but still I can't have my best friend go alone.

19. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

Me neither, but it's a woman. This happens all the time.

20. Ebil McClucky

Ebil McClucky DAT ***

I'm in a bit of a dilema here guys.

Just recently, I've been on school holidays and I've met up with one of my previous crushes.(because I now go to a boarding school 2 hours from where I live)We had a nice chat and went our seperate ways. Now I've kept having a small attraction to her since I've been away but it's exploded into much more, like a obsession. I'm asking this because I'm not sure what I do from here, I figured i might keep in contact with her, but I thought then that might not be enough to quell the feelings.

Help gais? Pwease?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.