• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Relationships - BFs/GFs/crushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
Me neither, but it's a woman. This happens all the time.

I chuckled.

Problem is, my best friend that lives in another city doesn't think she can get a date for prom in time and wants me to go to two proms. Which is technically feasible as they are on May 1st and May 9th. However, the prom tickets are expensive. 70$ for both and I can only afford one. I've already asked the drama class girl, but still I can't have my best friend go alone.

Pick the one you might end up in bed with. That's what guys are supposed to sound like, right?

Actually, this is another instance in which being straightforward and uncomplicated makes the most sense. Tell your friend that you've already made a commitment (or at least proffered one) and that you can't afford to serve as her stand-in date due to said commitment. If your drama class girl declines, you'll be free, which will be great, but as it stands you've given your offered word to someone else. With this course, you're being honest and not doing anything unkind to anyone. It's perfectly appropriate and honorable.

Or, you could take the ultimate good guy route and sacrifice your own prom and romantic interests to quell your friend's loneliness (and if you retract your prom invite to the drama girl, it may damage your chances with her later). There are very few people, though, who can make a decision like that without suffering regret. If you choose this option, there will be little in the way of personal fulfillment beyond the cliched "I know I was the good guy" bit. =/

I'd recommend the first paragraph.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Uhh...prom, prom, prom, prom...complications.

So I asked the girl from my drama class that I flirt with all the time to prom, and she was in Boston on a choir tour, so instead of waiting I asked over facebook because she won't be back until after spring break. It actually wasn't that lame, I made an actual video and card things that were pretty cute to make up for it. Or at least I thought so. So now I'm playing the waiting game for her to respond. But its not actually that I'm really worried about. I'm about 85% sure that she'll say yes because yeah...we're really obvious flirts.

Problem is, my best friend that lives in another city doesn't think she can get a date for prom in time and wants me to go to two proms. Which is technically feasible as they are on May 1st and May 9th. However, the prom tickets are expensive. 70$ for both and I can only afford one. I've already asked the drama class girl, but still I can't have my best friend go alone.

Go with the chick you like. This isn't a teen rom-com, so I'm sure your best friend is not secretly in love with you and therefore won't be too hurt. The other girl would be more offended because she doesn't know you as well

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Actually, this is another instance in which being straightforward and uncomplicated makes the most sense. Tell your friend that you've already made a commitment (or at least proffered one) and that you can't afford to serve as her stand-in date due to said commitment. If your drama class girl declines, you'll be free, which will be great, but as it stands you've given your offered word to someone else. With this course, you're being honest and not doing anything unkind to anyone. It's perfectly appropriate and honorable.

Seconded. Seriously, if they're a good friend of yours, they should completely understand. Anyway, if drama girl ends up declining, it could all just work out perfectly.

Either that, or we start the Sppf "Give Ethan his Two Proms" Fund. Sounds crazy, but it's totally precedented.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I chuckled.
You think I'm joking? I don't know how many times I see women try to communicate something so simple in complicated or vague ways expecting you to be some type of mind reader, but the only thing you at least can get most of the time is disinterest.

Profesco

gone gently
You think I'm joking? I don't know how many times I see women try to communicate something so simple in complicated or vague ways expecting you to be some type of mind reader, but the only thing you at least can get most of the time is disinterest.

Nah, I believed you. Funny 'cause it's true, you know? XP

Ferox

Where the hell do I start...

Well I've been going out with my girlfriend for 2 months now. She's in most of my classes, I'm almost certain she is the one... I've never had such feelings for any other girl I've dated, which keeps it interesting for me. I'll be holding onto her for a while, if not forever.

The crushes happened about December, two months before we started dating. I had no idea that we actually started crushing on each other simultaneously around then, mostly due to my low self-esteem I was never willing to drop the question. It should've been obvious she liked me in that way too, we flirted often, however it was lighthearted, I never knew she meant it like that. But again, that was due to my lack of understanding.

Then about a week before we started dating, things got intense. My eyes couldn't help but drift towards hers, and I'm pretty sure she was doing the same. I tried to control myself, but for once I seriously could not. I think all the whole eye-flickering thing provoked suspicion in some of my classmates, and it wasn't long before rumours were spreading around. Strangely, this encouraged me to ask her out even more, maybe so I could just nip it in the bud before it all comes crashing down. I didn't want to do it in person, again due to my fragile ego, so I decided to ask her out over MSN.

It started with "Hey, don't believe the rumours, Joe is ********ting you." Dumb move, I know, but I was able to redeem myself later into the conversation, hinting "You know, I wonder how you'd react if I told you the rumours were actually true..." then it all just clicked into place after that. Luckily.

For the first month we were sorta shy towards each other, but the feelings were evident. Now the second has passed us by, we've both come out of our shells, and the feelings just blossomed... is this what they call love? If so, I'm not disappointed whatsoever.

We're having our Easter Break for the next two weeks, but she's headed over to Hong Kong for the whole duration of it. Damn, I really should begin doing something productive to take my mind off missing her, like complete fighting Lance on HeartGold. XD

DecodexMe

Well, the only thing I can say, is take your crush that's even if she answers in time which I'm sure she will. Or what you could do is borrow some money from your parents and pay them back later? It's really up to you who you want to take but you have to keep in mind, you already asked your crush..

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
We're having our Easter Break for the next two weeks, but she's headed over to Hong Kong for the whole duration of it. Damn, I really should begin doing something productive to take my mind off missing her, like complete fighting Lance on HeartGold. XD

It might be a good thing. Spending too much time together at the beginning of a relationship can really damage it

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Yeah, it must suck not being with your significant other for two whole weeks.

Ferox

Yeah, it must suck not being with your significant other for two whole weeks.

It does suck, I could've made something of that free time, but ahh well at least she's having a good time.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I have an issue.
I seem to be attracted to one girl in my grade, but I can't seem to tell whether she likes me back or not.
We text, often, if you call it that. Usually its her starting the conversation. Sometimes its me. I get an occasional look from her, and sometimes she shys away from me. Like shes afraid of something.
She doesn't tell me too much about whats shes doing over said texts, or anything to that nature. In fact, she asks me what I'm doing usually.

I really need an answer out of this, so can somebody help me see if she likes me or not?

Supsir

Shaman King FTW
Well the girl I was talking about... I feel like going off at her for the 3 months of trouble she gave me. She just acted like we werent ever friends and she said some pretty harsh things and she dosnt seem to be nice so im gonna be mean. It will fill four 150 letter texts. (Already wrote it out on my phone.)

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I have an issue.
I seem to be attracted to one girl in my grade, but I can't seem to tell whether she likes me back or not.
We text, often, if you call it that. Usually its her starting the conversation. Sometimes its me. I get an occasional look from her, and sometimes she shys away from me. Like shes afraid of something.
She doesn't tell me too much about whats shes doing over said texts, or anything to that nature. In fact, she asks me what I'm doing usually.

I really need an answer out of this, so can somebody help me see if she likes me or not?
It appears that she seems to be interested, but is a little shy about making a move or wants you to make the move. As for the texts, if you want her to get a little hint about your interest with her, you should totally try to turn those texting conversations into asking things about her. Next time she asks, try turning the tables around and be vague yourself, while at the same time asking more about what she's up to. It may help a little along the way if you want to pursue the thing further, and may give you an idea of if she's interested.

Well the girl I was talking about... I feel like going off at her for the 3 months of trouble she gave me. She just acted like we werent ever friends and she said some pretty harsh things and she dosnt seem to be nice so im gonna be mean. It will fill four 150 letter texts. (Already wrote it out on my phone.)

Personally, I wouldn't think that would go over well with anyone. Your rage is let loose, but it doesn't change what happened or will going to solve anything. I'd confront her, but in person asking her what game she's getting at by being such a jerk or what happened to your old friendship. You might actually end up working something out, as opposed to just irrational yelling at each other.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
It appears that she seems to be interested, but is a little shy about making a move or wants you to make the move. As for the texts, if you want her to get a little hint about your interest with her, you should totally try to turn those texting conversations into asking things about her. Next time she asks, try turning the tables around and be vague yourself, while at the same time asking more about what she's up to. It may help a little along the way if you want to pursue the thing further, and may give you an idea of if she's interested.
Mkay, mkay.

But today my friend told me that she doesn't like me like that.
She also told me that she "didn't want a boyfriend right now" apparently.

So I went "D*mnit." And went back to lifting. (I was in the weight room during this)
So then the girl I like texts me and tries to start up a conversation.
So I tell her what I'm doing and sh*t, and then I tell her I'm p**sed at people. (which I was, as my friends ticked me off today)
Then and hour later, she texts me asking whether if its her thats pissing me off.
Suddenly she's worried about me being ticked off, and shes suspecting that its her thats ticking me off.

So I'm totally confused at this point.

Supsir

Shaman King FTW
Personally, I wouldn't think that would go over well with anyone. Your rage is let loose, but it doesn't change what happened or will going to solve anything. I'd confront her, but in person asking her what game she's getting at by being such a jerk or what happened to your old friendship. You might actually end up working something out, as opposed to just irrational yelling at each other.
She says its something I did and finally she answered what it was and its not true. I wont go into details but it was that she thought I told somebody about who she liked and that he asked her out (It broke my heart...) and I didn't tell anyone. It sucks and its a lose lose situation.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
@Zenotwapal
People are naturally curios, she could like you or is worried because she is your friend. The situation with your friend, did you ask him to find out for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.