• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Relationships - BFs/GFs/crushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I just took a super damn risk by adding my crush on facebook. You know what, there are millions of girls out there.... (that other girl from church), etc. If we weren't meant to be together, then it won't happen and I heard the phrase, "if there's something you want, you go get it." I like her, she might like me, I'm taking a risk.>:| Scew the rules, I have balls.

KibaLG8

come on dude, you can get her!
Sides, its all on how sweet you are and they way you treat her :)

Were you referring to me? If you were, you don't know the fully story. Basically, I hardly know the girl, she helped me at my church a few weeks back. We shared some eye contact and she stared at me a few times..... check the last page, I put some bullet points. But I am scared of adding her on facebook since i hardly know her, I took the risk but I don't know if I should have done that.=/

Annya the Gamer

Game Designer
I think adding her on facebook was generally a good idea, as it means you can get to know her better, and she may develop the same feelings for you that you have for her :)

KibaLG8

I think adding her on facebook was generally a good idea, as it means you can get to know her better, and she may develop the same feelings for you that you have for her :)

I decided to cancel the request.=/ It would just seem better to get to know her in person then add her on facebook. It's gonna be tough but this will show that I can wait. My friends actually insisted I add her... which was the main reason why I did so. So they decided for me. That's why I canceled it, I wanted to willingly friend her on facebook, so it's my choice, not theirs. I'll just wait this Saturday, its only 4 days away.:D

It would have been a good idea but if adding her on facebook becomes a last resort, then I will add her but I just gotta have faith she'll be there.

I decided to cancel the request.=/ It would just seem better to get to know her in person then add her on facebook. It's gonna be tough but this will show that I can wait. My friends actually insisted I add her... which was the main reason why I did so. So they decided for me. That's why I canceled it, I wanted to willingly friend her on facebook, so it's my choice, not theirs. I'll just wait this Saturday, its only 4 days away.:D

It would have been a good idea but if adding her on facebook becomes a last resort, then I will add her but I just gotta have faith she'll be there.

You should have added her, people add people they meet all the time. It's almost like a guarantee that if you meet someone they will add. Some people just add people they go to school with and never talk to them. It's not a big deal to add her and then you can talk to her more instead of seeing her once a week at church.

Zazie

So 1991

You did the smart thing. You should try talking to her first and if the conversation goes well then add her on facebook. Think about it, would you add some stranger on facebook? Probably not.

Last edited:

ASB

Weather Team Hater
Adding someone on Facebook isn't really a huge risk (unless they have absolutely -no- idea who you are, in which case it's *probably* best to get to know them first.)

KibaLG8

Ok so I just got back from church today.... Sadly, she was not their again. At least I found out that my friend that helps out with me does know her more then I thought. He told me that she is out of town still. He can be my eyes & ears until I see her Saturday. If she does comeback, he'd let me know. To think I was ready to talk to her...:( Well I'll keep you posted on this.

Zazie

So 1991
so I have taken a careful look at my current romantic situation (I kind of have very strong feeling for a friend) and have been able to outline the pro's and con's

pro's
I know her better/longer than most other people on campus. (if not everyone)
She actually seems to care about me somewhat
She has expressed interest in me in the past
She has said she prefers to date people she has known for a while (see the first pro)

con's
She's kind of had difficulties with relationships recently (I know the reason for this)
She can't handle being directly apporached with such issues (meaning I can't just go up and tell her how I feel)

So anyway I need to formulate a way to increase my chance of getting a favorable outcome with this person preferably before I graduate college in may. (things will be more difficult then)

Anyone who actually knows what they're talking about have any tips?

Last edited:

KarateMan

Err, well, Im 17, and Im still pretty imature when it comes to girls still, Ive had a "relationship" about 7 times, but they were nothing really, but im determined to make my next one serious!

Im kinda hinting to someone i like who plays warcraft with me, i wonder how that will go :p

Err, well, Im 17, and Im still pretty imature when it comes to girls still, Ive had a "relationship" about 7 times, but they were nothing really, but im determined to make my next one serious!
Don't bother getting into or attempting to get into anything resembling a seirous relationship until you're in your 20's.

The reason I say this is because it is literally impossible for you to do so.

Glass Eye said:
So anyway I need to formulate a way to increase my chance of getting a favorable outcome with this person preferably before I graduate college in may. (things will be more difficult then)

Anyone who actually knows what they're talking about have any tips?
Fairly straightforward.

Stop trying to scientifically quantify the way you or another person feels. It's a fools errand. You say you can't go up and directly tell her how you feel - Is this then someone you actually think is worth making a relationship with? When they can't even listen to someone else say how they feel? That doesn't make sense.

Honestly though just take the plunge, worst that can happens is she says No and you just let it be. It might make the friendship a bit weird but if you two are as close as you claim to be it shouldn't be too much of a thing.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
I need some advice. So me and my girlfriend have been dating almost a year and its been good, but about a week ago she suddenly started not wanting to be kissed, and she started not liking it when we walk and i have my arm around her.

Whats happening?

Immortalis

I need some advice. So me and my girlfriend have been dating almost a year and its been good, but about a week ago she suddenly started not wanting to be kissed, and she started not liking it when we walk and i have my arm around her.

Whats happening?

That depends, do you guys usually go to, you know, places together? Do you do romantic stuff together, like walking in a park or spend a day in a forest or go to a party or something like that? Do you give her enough compliments and do you make her laugh? Those are all very important things in a relationship. Maybe you should go shop with her someday (yeah, it may sound ridiculous, but she'll probably enjoy your company).

like Immortalis mentioned, it also depends on how you guys usually are. maybe she's tired of the same old stuff you do, maybe you aren't doing enough for her. sit down and talk to her and ask her what's wrong, and see if you can come up with something to help strengthen your relationship. communication is very important if you want to keep a relationship intact.

if she's still reluctant to do any of that, maybe it's time to break it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.