• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Relationships - BFs/GFs/crushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Are you serious?

Most guys I know would kill to have a girl that they're interested in- show interest in them. They tend to be indirect about it, and especially with impatient guys, like me, it can end up being useless.

I mean, you just say "as a guy," which implies that most guys want indirectness. How about this: As a guy, I prefer when women are simple and direct.

So it depends on the guy, really. I guess in this case, your advice may be the better way to go, but in general, I don't think there's a common denominator that can be used with a situation like this one.

OK, OK.

I generalized.

Sorry about that.

I'll fix it.

i need help with something cause we all know i fail at life.

so there's this really cute guy at school, everyone loves him. he likes me, he admits it. i never liked it, actually, i hated it. but then the other day he did something real nice to me and that's when i've falllen for him. the thing is, he only likes me cause i don't crush all over him. but now that i'm crushing all over him.. he might not like me anymore. so, thoughts?

Wait so...he only likes you because you don't/didn't like him? That's..sort of dumb. :/ I mean I can understand if he's tired of people who he doesn't like crushing all over him, and thus is attracted to someone who doesn't like him...
But if he stops liking you because you now like him, well then obviously he's not looking for a mutual relationship.

I guess it couldn't hurt to let your feelings known... But you could also try to show how you're different than all those other girls who are crushing on him, so maybe he'll still continue to like you.
I can't say I understand how this guy works, but it's worth I shot I suppose. ^^

dropdeadrhea

Off the Heezay.
@Sharon: Take things slow. Admit that you have feelings for him too, but don't try to rush things. Let him make the moves. Don't ignore him, but don't do anything you haven't been doing.:) Just be yourself.

Grei

not the color
I guess it couldn't hurt to let your feelings known... But you could also try to show how you're different than all those other girls who are crushing on him, so maybe he'll still continue to like you.
I can't say I understand how this guy works, but it's worth I shot I suppose. ^^

This sounds like a good idea.

Maybe this guy doesn't like girls who crush all over them because he knows that they're not only obnoxious, but will eventually move on after the crush has faded. Thus, they aren't true companions. If he likes you because you didn't initially crush all over him, then he's happy you're not like them--obnoxious and lusting.

So maybe, if you show that you're not like the other girls he'll know you're different, and aren't just falling over him for a little bit before moving on.

It's possible he just thinks they're obnoxious. There's a girl who "loved" me for a while and would not leave me alone, and I disliked her. She was annoying and obnoxious and would do stupid things to get me to notice or be near her. It was really annoying.

Maybe he just doesn't want to like somebody like that, so if you're cool about it, maybe there won't be any problems.

Ran-neechan

Dumb Office Lady
I confessed to my boyfriend on April Fools Day.

The reason why I confessed to him on that day was because I was like, 101% he didn't like me. We fought and bickered a lot (just like Ash and Misty haha) so I guess I was just adamant he didn't like me. But then, at work, I was thinking about him so much I just wanted to convey my feelings to him and just reassure myself that he didn't like me.

Coincidentally, April 1st was coming up. So, I made a sign that said, "Happy April Fools Day" in case he said he gave me a huge rejection speech. Then April 1st came,

Me: Would you go out with -friend's name?-
Him: *pause* Uhh.. yeah I guess... she's cute.
Me: Then would you go with -friend's name-?
Him: *pause* Hmmm.. I dunno. She's kinda timid.
Me ready to take out sign in case of confession rejection: Would you go out with me?
Him : Yeah. I would.
Me shocked and tried to counterattack: But you don't like me enough to go out with me!
Him shocked too: That's not true!!! I like you a lot you know!

Today, we've been going out for over 2 years... and I threw out the sign.

Coincidentally, April 1st was coming up. So, I made a sign that said, "Happy April Fools Day" in case he said he gave me a huge rejection speech. Then April 1st came,

Me: Would you go out with -friend's name?-
Him: *pause* Uhh.. yeah I guess... she's cute.
Me: Then would you go with -friend's name-?
Him: *pause* Hmmm.. I dunno. She's kinda timid.
Me ready to take out sign in case of confession rejection: Would you go out with me?
Him : Yeah. I would.
Me shocked and tried to counterattack: But you don't like me enough to go out with me!
Him shocked too: That's not true!!! I like you a lot you know!

Today, we've been going out for over 2 years... and I threw out the sign.

I'm so doing that to all the girls I like until I have success.

Rave

Banned
..You.. misquoted me, right? BECAUSE I'M ABOUT TO RAPE YOU IF YOU DIDN'T, AND RAPING IS PART OF RELATIONSHIPS SO THIS IS ON-TOPIC.

If that's what'll satisfy your libido.

I'm so doing that to all the girls I like until I have success.

Guess whose not getting some.

RichRI322

Any relationship before high school, and most of those during high school, is pointless.

^Completely Agree.

I completely agree also. They think they're in love, but they're not. They're infatuated, they're just too young and stupid to know the difference.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I completely agree also. They think they're in love, but they're not. They're infatuated, they're just too young and stupid to know the difference.

This is true.

I find that most relationships are actually have a expiration date, like in 2 weeks.

In fact, the longest in our school was about... 1 month.

yep.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I find that most relationships are actually have a expiration date, like in 2 weeks.

In fact, the longest in our school was about... 1 month.

Wow, that's actually surprising. The end of my Junior year a friend of mine and this girl started going out, and they're still happily together. That was June 2007. Also, my best friend and his ex went out from 2004-2009.

I guess long term relationships are natural in my hometown.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Wow, that's actually surprising. The end of my Junior year a friend of mine and this girl started going out, and they're still happily together. That was June 2007. Also, my best friend and his ex went out from 2004-2009.

I guess long term relationships are natural in my hometown.

But what i said only counts for my class, not the whole high school.

I'm quite afraid of this, since i want a relationship that last longer, and no just "we're going to hook up over texting and never talk again".

Yeah...So my boyfriend and I just broke up, after about dating for 8 months (which is considered a long time at my school for some reason :S)
But it wasn't like those tragic, messy break ups I feel like happen alot.

Like, we've both been swamped with school work, and his mom just passed away right before Christmas... And since it's our senior year, I guess he realized that it in this point in his life he rather have friends and not "lovers" and just make the best of that.

It was hard at first, because I do still love him (as a close friend, to all you who rage at the slightest mention of "love" in a teenage relationship), but I'm okay with it now.
We were best friends before we started dating...and we intend to continue our relationship just as we were before. Or at least try to >_>

Zomg, it is possible not to hate your ex with a burning passion!

Ran-neechan

Dumb Office Lady
Yeah...So my boyfriend and I just broke up, after about dating for 8 months (which is considered a long time at my school for some reason :S)
But it wasn't like those tragic, messy break ups I feel like happen alot.

Like, we've both been swamped with school work, and his mom just passed away right before Christmas... And since it's our senior year, I guess he realized that it in this point in his life he rather have friends and not "lovers" and just make the best of that.

It was hard at first, because I do still love him (as a close friend, to all you who rage at the slightest mention of "love" in a teenage relationship), but I'm okay with it now.
We were best friends before we started dating...and we intend to continue our relationship just as we were before. Or at least try to >_>

Zomg, it is possible not to hate your ex with a burning passion!

That's really sad :( To the best of luck with you.

Riversong

Buggy down.
Well, I know about a fair amount of relationships at my school that have lasted for a while. It's a bit unfair to say that they'll all end with heartbreak, because there are the cases where such relationships end up lasting a lifetime. Also, how many people are adults and still single because they can't handle the commitment? It really just depends on the person, not so much the age. Plus, teens are new to the whole dating concept, but so long as they don't do anything they could regret, it's just more experience that could help in the future.

That said, i've never had a boyfriend. In 6th grade a guy asked me out, but I said no. He then told me he would have dumped me the next day anyways. It didn't really bother me though - he was a creep for sure. Now i'm a junior, but I get shy around my crush. I'm not the biggest talker either, so I find it hard to be the one to strike up a conversation.

So does anyone besides me have a knack for getting into relationships that cause a tremendous amount of emotional stress? :/ Please tell me I'm not the only one here. I love my girlfriend deeply but she does things to hurt me on purpose a lot. She's bipolar and I try to look over that but some of the things she says to me really hurt. She tries to make me hate her. It's like some kind of mind game.

Status
Not open for further replies.