• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Relationships - BFs/GFs/crushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Yeah...So my boyfriend and I just broke up, after about dating for 8 months (which is considered a long time at my school for some reason :S)
But it wasn't like those tragic, messy break ups I feel like happen alot.

Like, we've both been swamped with school work, and his mom just passed away right before Christmas... And since it's our senior year, I guess he realized that it in this point in his life he rather have friends and not "lovers" and just make the best of that.

It was hard at first, because I do still love him (as a close friend, to all you who rage at the slightest mention of "love" in a teenage relationship), but I'm okay with it now.
We were best friends before we started dating...and we intend to continue our relationship just as we were before. Or at least try to >_>

Zomg, it is possible not to hate your ex with a burning passion!
It just means you're growing up. I haven't been utterly devastated by a breakup since I was like 14. I just broke up with my boyfriend of a year last week and it's all good. It was hard at first, but it was just time to end it. I think you guys were the same

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
Ah, I'm sorry, TRO and platypus. It's nice that you're both doing well after your break ups. I rather think it's okay to be sad after ending a longterm relationship, though. Especially a good one. If you lose something special like that and get over it right away, I'd be more concerned about your emotional health. =/

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Ah, I'm sorry, TRO and platypus. It's nice that you're both doing well after your break ups. I rather think it's okay to be sad after ending a longterm relationship, though. Especially a good one. If you lose something special like that and get over it right away, I'd be more concerned about your emotional health. =/

Well it's complicated. He just graduated and has a job lined up overseas so he's leaving the country soon, and I'm still in undergrad. But thanks sweetheart. I'm glad to know you've apparently moved past your cold, child killing phase

Rave

Banned
Well it's complicated. He just graduated and has a job lined up overseas so he's leaving the country soon, and I'm still in undergrad. But thanks sweetheart. I'm glad to know you've apparently moved past your cold, child killing phase

It's BJ's time to shine. =P

Damn, whenever I see someone breakup with someone, it takes time for me to get used to really, cuz its been painted in the back of my head and everything.

There's instances where I have friends who were going out with each other, and sometimes, I'm still not used to the fact that they're not going out anymore, even though its been years since they did do that. Then again, some are married now with different people and everything.

Personally for me, I'm one of those long-term people, who would like to at least try to make it last as long as possible. I'm not for those who like to go for a few days, weeks or months and that's it. I'd probably be emotionally wrecked and unstable if that were so, not to mention, it would make me feel like a bit of a pig really. Then again, I've never been in a relationship/had a girlfriend before, so I wouldn't know anything really. =p

Last edited:
That's really sad :( To the best of luck with you.

Thank you. ^^

It just means you're growing up. I haven't been utterly devastated by a breakup since I was like 14. I just broke up with my boyfriend of a year last week and it's all good. It was hard at first, but it was just time to end it. I think you guys were the same

Growing up eh? I never actually thought about it that way, but I guess it's true. Thanks.
I suppose I have matured to the point that I'm not going to act completely torn up about it. But then again, this wasn't one of overly dramatic breakups that usually cause those devasting feelings...
Yeah, it has been sort of hard, but then again it's only been a few hours since it happened, haha.

Thanks Profesco.
Yeah, I am sad about it, but I'll be okay. As long as I know we can still be comfortable being good friends and everything. ^^
I think it's worse when you go from friends to dating to breaking up and like never talking again. Now that's not a very pleasant situation. d:

Damn, whenever I see someone breakup with someone, it takes time for me to get used to really, cuz its been painted in the back of my head and everything.

Haha, I'm the same way. I'm still not used to the fact that my best friend and his ex are no longer dating, because they went out for nearly a year before breaking up and then getting back together for a while again.
You just grow so accustomed to them being together, that it's strange to think, "Oh wait they're not dating anymore".

Rave

Banned

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
meh gf is being a dummy. i sent her a pic of me is that good or bad?

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
LOLOLOLOLOL.

She wanted to see what her stalker looked like for the restraining order.

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
I completely agree also. They think they're in love, but they're not. They're infatuated, they're just too young and stupid to know the difference.

I agree and disagree. My parents were one of those high school relatonships, and they're old, decrepit and still happily together. While, I agree, a lot of high school relationships are infatuation, I know a lot of people...who KNOW it is. I'm 17, and none of my friends (or even people who aren't my friends) throw love around like they mean it. They say it, but they don't mean it. It's weird. Freshman year, sure, people thought they were in love, but Freshman year everyone is 13 and 14. After that, people stopped really believing in it.

Relationships in high school only last as long as the people want. My ex-gf ha been in a relationship with her current bf for about 2 years. I'm not sure...but more than half of the relationships at my school (after Sophomore year) have lasted for 6-18 months at a time. 6 months isn't long, but for High School I've been told it is. Which is...pathetic. Someone told me my first relationship (2 months when I was just 13) was like... YEARS in high school terms. I roll my eyes whenever I think about it.

My point....I don't think they're young and stupid. They're just immature, because it really varies. I know adults who 'think' they're in love everytime they find a new relationship.

M4zz

Banned
My gf and I haven't broke up yet, but I imagine we will soon. About a month ago she moved to the opposite end of my city. We've been keeping in touch, but our distance may be the ending in our relationship. We go to different schools, and she's bound to find someone else. It's natural, and sadly, s*** happens.

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
And you're retarded. Can't read the above post and spell somethng right? Whatev. You sent your gf a pic, and she's mad at you. Maybe you forgot something important that she greatly values. No big deal.

she's not mad at me.

Calvan

EXPLOSION!!!
having the company of another human nearby is great.
But it's asking for trouble.
I'd know.

Status
Not open for further replies.