• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Relationships - BFs/GFs/crushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I'm going off to college in the fall, and chances are that I'll be going in with no dating experience (unless the girl I like and I hook up at Prom Saturday, but it's pretty unlikely). What would you guys suggest to an involuntarily celibate guy going into college?
...given that I AM one...

It depends on the type of university that you're going to. First thing you do is make a good amount of friends, and then odds are from there you'll meet a girl through various connections. Don't be afraid to try the random hook-up, as you never know who you'll meet in whatever way. I've met some really nice girls that I've only randomly hooked up with, it was just that the connection wasn't really made (for another reason; NOT because it was just a hook up) and it fell apart. If you don't want to meet through random hook-ups, then join clubs and talk to girls in your building. From there you should have a good amount of options.

Just one last small note: BEWARE OF GIRLS WHO ARE DOING THE LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP WITH A GUY FROM HOME. I tried playing the friend game for a while with one of these girls, then out of the blue she got really ****** at me for no reason. Some of them are nice, but others will hate you just because they think you want to get in their pants.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I would say no. I know it may kill you, but you should wait, give it time for your friendship to grow, you don't want to go into a relationship knowing nothing about this person.

Yeah, I know. But at least a went somewhere with her and a few friends of hers around a few hours ago, and I got to know her pretty well. I'll probably give it another week or so, and then I could try running the risk. Does that seem like a good idea if I manage to spend more time with her over next week?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Yeah, I know. But at least a went somewhere with her and a few friends of hers around a few hours ago, and I got to know her pretty well. I'll probably give it another week or so, and then I could try running the risk. Does that seem like a good idea if I manage to spend more time with her over next week?

I would say yes, but try your best to stay away from "friend-zoning" yourself.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
SHOCK HORROR!

I guess stalking females doesn't work after all. Unfortunate.

Ahaha! Trolled by facetious. it has been an honor and a privilege.

...given that I AM one...

It depends on the type of university that you're going to. First thing you do is make a good amount of friends, and then odds are from there you'll meet a girl through various connections. Don't be afraid to try the random hook-up, as you never know who you'll meet in whatever way. I've met some really nice girls that I've only randomly hooked up with, it was just that the connection wasn't really made (for another reason; NOT because it was just a hook up) and it fell apart. If you don't want to meet through random hook-ups, then join clubs and talk to girls in your building. From there you should have a good amount of options.

Just one last small note: BEWARE OF GIRLS WHO ARE DOING THE LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP WITH A GUY FROM HOME. I tried playing the friend game for a while with one of these girls, then out of the blue she got really ****** at me for no reason. Some of them are nice, but others will hate you just because they think you want to get in their pants.

The college that I am going to is smaller than my high school as far as the student body is concerned, so it might be easier to make friends.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
The college that I am going to is smaller than my high school as far as the student body is concerned, so it might be easier to make friends.

Well, given that I go to a Small Catholic College I can say that the first week, no one knows anyone, so everyone is really friendly and overall you'll meet a good amount of friends (in my Hall, all of us were friends and usually were very supportive of each other). From there, you'll meet girls in classes, and in whatever activities you decide to do. Make friends there, and when the weekend rolls around don't be afraid to text them, asking what's up and if they want to hang out. Odds are they'll say yes.

Zazie

So 1991
I am now completely confused, apparently I heard from a friend that the girl I am into isn't in a relationship and recently broke up with her girlfriend. Her facebook relationship status however went from nothing to in a relationship about a month ago. The friend does seem to be reliable source, but I currently very confused now as to both whether she is in a relationship and whether ir not she is bisexual. (I came out of the closet to her a while back and I think she would have mentioned something like that). Should I go with what my friend said or what her facebook says?

Profesco

gone gently
I am now completely confused, apparently I heard from a friend that the girl I am into isn't in a relationship and recently broke up with her girlfriend. Her facebook relationship status however went from nothing to in a relationship about a month ago. The friend does seem to be reliable source, but I currently very confused now as to both whether she is in a relationship and whether ir not she is bisexual. (I came out of the closet to her a while back and I think she would have mentioned something like that). Should I go with what my friend said or what her facebook says?

I suggest taking your information right from the source. If this girl has her status a certain way, then she has a reason for having it that way, even if she's not being quite honest about it. Plus, if it ever gets around to her that you were wondering/planning about it, I bet she'd feel better with you if the news was that you acted on what she herself said than what other people said about her.

As in most situations, the most straightforward and openly respectful route is the best one to take.

Chris

Old Coot
What would you guys suggest to an involuntarily celibate guy going into college?
Not give a ****?

If you go in expecting **** to happen instead of focusing on what you're going to college for, expect to be severely disappointed.

Veige

The Ultimate One
Will anyone here be my girl freind?

Zazie

So 1991
I suggest taking your information right from the source. If this girl has her status a certain way, then she has a reason for having it that way, even if she's not being quite honest about it. Plus, if it ever gets around to her that you were wondering/planning about it, I bet she'd feel better with you if the news was that you acted on what she herself said than what other people said about her.

As in most situations, the most straightforward and openly respectful route is the best one to take.

Sounds like a good idea. I am a little nervous about what may be seen as being nosy, but I am sure if I phrase it right it won't be too awkward of a question.

Edit: Apparently according to Facebook she has also been in a relationship for 6 years (I didn't know it had an anniversary option), which doesn't make sense for quite a few reasons. Yeah I am thinking I should call shennanigans on that. I am still going to ask about the bi thing though, which might lead into whether she is single or not. (at this point I am guessing yes)

Last edited:

Rave

Banned

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I'm going off to college in the fall, and chances are that I'll be going in with no dating experience (unless the girl I like and I hook up at Prom Saturday, but it's pretty unlikely). What would you guys suggest to an involuntarily celibate guy going into college?

Then you won't be involuntarily celibate for much long probably. Just don't date your first semester because that's when you need to work on making friends, and if you hook up, be careful of who you hook up with

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
question for boys girls (teenage years preferably)
same question really , two sides
For boys :how do you tell when a girl likes you or is just joking to annoy you ,
For girls : when you tell a guy you like him do you actually mean it most of the time
backround to this question , simple some like me , some don't , and i often emotionally broke the ones who did because I mistook them for a joker

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Then you won't be involuntarily celibate for much long probably. Just don't date your first semester because that's when you need to work on making friends, and if you hook up, be careful of who you hook up with

I can second that latter half. Hooking up with the wrong person can land you in hot water, especially if that person happens to have a boyfriend (especially one that they've met at College).

As for the first half, I'm still involuntarily celibate, as it feels like I can never close on a deal. Granted that none of the girls I've hooked up with have been anything to write home about (either looks or personality have been lacking), but you'd think that I would've learned a few things here or there.

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
And remember when hooking up with someone (i mean a girl )who looks really nice have one of the following problems
-Drinker
-Smoker
-Already has a boyfriend
-Will ***** about everything
-Will dump you after an hour
-Will whip you (I call this the poison ivy effect)
-Somethings fake
-Short temper (Not a problem with the smaller variety)
-Fake tan (thats just me )
-Cant take anything seriously
-Will spoil a secret
I might write an article on teenage girls , I probably know more about them then they do, I might be a pychologist when I'm over

Sha742

Or, you might not be seeing the forest through the trees.

Something tells me you know very little about people in general, let alone the opposite sex. Because of that, I'll let you in on a little secret: we all have our vices. For me, I have a hard time respecting authority, (though I'm wise enough not to bite the hand that signs my paychecks) and I've gained a lot of anecdotes about cops and teachers.
None of the things you listed are really grounds for blacklisting a girl.
Really, just get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.