• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Relationships - BFs/GFs/crushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thriller

Its almost time
I haven't spoken to my love interest for awhile due to finals and her not being on MSN Messenger much.

Should I let her know the next time we chat that I miss it so much when we don't talk? Or is that too dangerous?

Zazie

So 1991
I haven't spoken to my love interest for awhile due to finals and her not being on MSN Messenger much.

Should I let her know the next time we chat that I miss it so much when we don't talk? Or is that too dangerous?

It depends on how you word it. Try to be casual about it and not come off as being overly emotional and it will be fine. A good way of saying it might be: It sucked not talking to you in a while. (though that may be too casual).

Last edited:

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Things are getting somewhat complex for me :/ ugh

So there's this freshman chick who likes me. She's like uber possessive, by that whenever I am talking to some other chick, she'll try and talk to me or them to sidetrack the conversation. This is most evident in the few occasions my ex-girlfriend and I have conversations on Facebook. She ALWAYS posts on them and involves herself in the conversation. I don't really like her all that much (just friends, nothing more), and didn't really clue myself into figuring she liked me until thursday. So last week, I figured I bake a cake for her for her bday, since she pulled the "You shouldn't be so mean" card, so I figured what the hell? What could go wrong. So this quickly led to the assumption of some of my friends to indicate that I liked her, which I denied. So fast forward to yesterday in which one of her friends stole my phone and texted her "I like you and want to get to know you better". So after I let her know her friend said that, not me, she tried to see if there was any truth to it, which I denied by doing everything but saying "No. I don't like you like that" which, in hindsight I probably should have done. So the conversation skewed into how I found her kinda annoying, in which, she got mad at me.

There is another chick that I'm really good friends with. Several friends keep telling me I should go out with her, or ask whether or not I would, whether I like her, or say we're flirting. So recently she's been trying to find out who I like. I let her know I don't really have a crush on anyone at the moment which she accepted. Then we were texting the other day, and when she was trying to figure out my type, I figured I'd turn the tables on her and try and see who she liked. She said I could probably guess, even though she knows I'm completely oblivious at these things. So I began to narrow it down to what sport team the guy is on in which she said no more guessing, because the sport would give it away. Well, I don't know to many people in sports aside from swim and polo (we're a close bunch), and I'm the one she talks to the most on our team, and she always hugs me, and stuff.
So it would be safe to assume she could mean me? I like her a little, but don't really want to start up a relationship for now.

And to complete my long rant, for rants sake, my ex-girlfriend was at our teams champs yesterday. Its safe to say I realized that I'm not completely over her. I don't want to start up a relationship with anyone else until I'm safely over her, but don't want to be with her since she goes through guys rather fast even though we went out for a substantial amount of time. Well, there were two things I noticed yesterday, which I want to know how you all interpret. She cheered for every race pretty much, but when my races were up, she wasn't there (I'm one of our teams top swimmers, so lots tend to cheer for me). And at the team area she sat down in the area I was in, instead of with the girls, and while she did do some obvious fooling around with another guy, I did catch her a few times staring at me. Using my awesome peripheral vision, I noticed, but didn't look back at her, since I am trying not to like her. I dunno if I'm just over reacting or whatever. Blah.

Feel free to analyze, brutalize, advise, or whatever. Input is always welcome. Thanks.

/end long rant

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
Zip , in the first one you did what was right , tell it to her face , i had something similar happening , and thats what i did
In the second one, don't listen t what your friends want , do what you think is right
in the third one , something to think about , why were you the one she went out with for that amount of time , and where are her and the boy she was with at the competition now ,
question for boys girls (teenage years preferably)
same question really , two sides
For boys :how do you tell when a girl likes you or is just joking to annoy you ,
For girls : when you tell a guy you like him do you actually mean it most of the time
backround to this question , simple some like me , some don't , and i often emotionally broke the ones who did because I mistook them for a joker

just want to repost this question as nobody answered it

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
zipzap713: Your third case sounds like the signs of a girl who still sour about the relationship ending. I would say she's trying to make you feel guilty about how it ended, just so she has control. Simply don't fall for it. make a point not even to give her the time of day, and she'll be pissing and moaning about it for a long time. Best thing is that there's little to nothing she can do about it.

frozenthrone101: To be honest, I feel like it's luck of the draw if she's legitimately flirting with you or being a flirt just to be a flirt. I actually had a similar case last night where a girl has been flirting with me on and off for the last semester. So when we had our last dance of the semester, each time I tries dancing with her she shot me down. So I'm cutting my losses and going home with a clean slate, as I thought I would. Point is, you can never really tell, as you can rarely ever get truly into a girl's head.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Okay, so I am in a relationship with a girl who I really like. I hold her and such, but I get really sweaty palms when we hold hands and it is nasty, any advice to get rid of these?

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
Well, it's probably from being nervous. I'm a girl, but I know that guys get nervous ALOT around a girl, even if they don't notice. I suggest that you get more confident, think, she's the ONLY girl for me, and no one else can take her, and you will probably be less nervous and your palms will be less sweaty.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
zipzap713: Your third case sounds like the signs of a girl who still sour about the relationship ending. I would say she's trying to make you feel guilty about how it ended, just so she has control. Simply don't fall for it. make a point not even to give her the time of day, and she'll be pissing and moaning about it for a long time. Best thing is that there's little to nothing she can do about it.
Well the thing is, she's the one that broke up with me. Which just makes the whole thing really confusing.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
Zipzap i think i kinda went through the same thing.. There was this one girl who broke up with me for no apperent reason, then made me feel bad for it. Then everytime i would see her she acts lieks she wants me while shes dating someone else. It was crazy everday i felt ǝʞıן ʎɯ ǝןoɥʍ pןɹoʍ sɐʍ pǝuɹnʇ ǝpısdn uʍop˙ ʇı sɐʍ ǝuɐsuı¡¡

Zazie

So 1991
I'll admit, I'm attempting to get a girl, even though I have a week and a half left. If I can't get her over the summer though; I'm screwed (she's going abroad). Hopefully I can work things out over the summer that can work to my advantage.

How is her going over the summer being screwed? Being abroad means there is less of a chance for her to meet someone else.

Anyway, I have given up on the person I was interested in for the last few months, apparently she is in a relationship with this one guy, and I like that guy and don't want to go messing in their relationship. Not to mention I was at a comic book convention on sunday advertising my university anime club and there were at least two attractive females who showed an interest in coming.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I honestly don't care anymore. She broke up with me.

over text.

and had the balls to call me afterword.

Rave

Banned

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I honestly don't care anymore. She broke up with me.
over text.
and had the balls to call me afterword.
Wow.

....did she have an excuse over breaking up with you?
I have issues too.
I have a girl thats probably one of my best friends.
And I *coughwheezhack*love her*coughwheezhack*.
How do I know whether or not if she likes me that way, and should I even tell her?
Because I would much rather keep my friendship now, as i don't want that getting f**ked up by a relationship either.
And there's one little issue too:
Other guys like her. Alot. But not for her, only for her tits and sh*t.
And she thinks that all guys are like that too.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Zenotwapal, it seems to me as if she's feeling a little insecure with herself at the moment. She wants to be liked for her personality, not just for her body. Reassure her that she's a wonderful person and any guy would be happy to have someone like her in their life. Let her know that she's a great person to be around. You don't have to say it the same way I said it. You can tell her in your own words. That could be like your way of letting her know how you feel about her without saying "I love you."
But theres a problem:

She thinks EVERY guy just wants to get in her pants.
This is because years ago, her cousin did the *gulp* unspeakable to her. D:
not very many know but me and her closest friends.
Because of this, she has a different outlook on guys, thinking every one of them want to have sex with her.
How do I help her change her point of view on guys?

I really don't want sex, I want her love.
But how in the hell do i tell her this?

I mean, i gave her plenty of hints about my feelings for her, but i don't think she got it.

Lucario625

does anyone here have crushes on anime characters? like sasuke from the naruto anime?

My friend! He has a crush on zelda, the female trainer from all pkmn games, samus, peach, ect. He literally has a crush on all of the female characters.

Here's a little problem: I like this person of the opposite gender. I told one of their friends that I am going to ask them out. Well, now they apparently know. I heard the person who told the person who I told that I was going to ask them out, and these words were said: "Either tell (my name) no, or I'll tell him yes." That is kinda weird. Then, one of her friends said: "(her name) said hi. and the conversation led to her saying "I can't tell you", when I asked if the person who I liked was gonna say yes. Finally, she was very obviously avoiding me! (Love, like a million-cubed rubix cube...)

Any ideas as to how to get her to go on a date with me? Or what she is doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.