• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Relationships: Is cheating forgivable?

ok then, what if there was only 2 men in the world? and 1 girl? you sayin that they shouldnt double the population?

Let's say that the other man is like me and didn't care about having children...There, problem solved. One man gets married and the other one lives his life and dies. Besides this is where competition comes in, where the two men fight to the death, like animals do in the wild for a mate.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
ok then, what if there was only 2 men in the world? and 1 girl? you sayin that they shouldnt double the population?

That's a completly different situation and there are enough people on the planet currently that you should be able to find one that you are happy with.

Okay so, I personally think that everyone should be forgiven so I would probably forgive them. But if someone were to cheat on me that would most likely be it for the relationship. I'd atleast let them explain why they did it though.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
... Sigh, this topic went downhill real fast.

Profesco

gone gently

Vernikova

Champion
One of the prodromes of psychopathy, is all that is.

True. With that said, there's nothing wrong with not caring about other people getting cheated on especially if it doesn't concern you.

Profesco

gone gently
True. With that said, there's nothing wrong with not caring about other people getting cheated on especially if it doesn't concern you.

Oh, well that's clearer. And I guess there really isn't anything too wrong about that. If you had two exact clones, though, alike in every molecule as well as every thought, except that one didn't feel a bit of empathy when someone was jilted and the other did, the one that did will be generally regarded as the 'better' person.

I'm just splitting hairs to kill time.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
...And that's why I don't date.

Seriously though, even though I'm fourteen, and don't really have any experience at all with relationships, if I was in one, and was cheated on, I would dump her. End of story.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

That's completely different circumstances.

Psychopathy? Does that make me a psycho? =/

What's with people these days being so eager to say that they have mental disorders?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
...And that's why I don't date.

Seriously though, even though I'm fourteen, and don't really have any experience at all with relationships, if I was in one, and was cheated on, I would dump her. End of story.
At your age, the likelihood of being cheated on is pretty much a given. I'm not supporting it but I am excusing it. You are young, and love is tough enough for people in their 202 & 30s to understand, So don't avoid relationships because you "might" get cheated on. Just when it happens, break up and move on. After all you can't get married for another 4-5 years at least so why look for The One in the first person you date. You don't even know what you are really looking for in a relationship... besides you need to date a few different people to find out what is the right type for you.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
At your age, the likelihood of being cheated on is pretty much a given. I'm not supporting it but I am excusing it. You are young, and love is tough enough for people in their 202 & 30s to understand, So don't avoid relationships because you "might" get cheated on. Just when it happens, break up and move on. After all you can't get married for another 4-5 years at least so why look for The One in the first person you date. You don't even know what you are really looking for in a relationship... besides you need to date a few different people to find out what is the right type for you.

The reason I don't date isn't because I'm afraid of getting cheated on, it's because I think that it's incredibly pointless at my age. Yes, I could experiment to find the right type of person for me, but I really think that I should wait until I'm mature enough to make a good decision there.

garren

kitties will rule
i find it unforgivable because i would never be able to trust her so i would just let her go.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
In my personal opinion, cheating is never forgivable. After its been done theres no going back and you can never trust that person again. The worst thing about it is if they were willing to do it once whats stopping them from doing it again? So for me I could never look at someone who cheated on me the same way ever again.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
The reason I don't date isn't because I'm afraid of getting cheated on, it's because I think that it's incredibly pointless at my age. Yes, I could experiment to find the right type of person for me, but I really think that I should wait until I'm mature enough to make a good decision there.
LOL which is in and of itself, a sign of maturity. Seriously though, good for you to feel this way about dating.

DocGoblin

A drunken one night stand I could forgive, or even a sober one if it was a moment of madness, an affair however I couldn't.