1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships: Is cheating forgivable?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Hox, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Malanu

Malanu Est sularus oth mith

Not in the least Mannie. I like having both but as I am growing older love is becoming more important... darn it! :D

2. Jaren

Jaren Active Member

I'd say its forgivable, but I would never give them another chance at a relationship with me. We could be friends and such but that's it.

3. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

Well my girlfriend forgave me.

4. ShadeShadow

ShadeShadow (>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)

cheaters dont fly with me. i hate cheaters whether theyre dating me or not.

5. Wyrm

Wyrm ~Setting Sail~

If your "partner" cheats on you, then it means they either don't love you or are tired of you. What is there to question about that?

6. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Not always true... Have you heard of the 80/20 theory. You usually find the person you are with to have 80% (approx.) Of the qualities you like in that person. Then there is that person whp has the other 20% (approx.) Of the qualities you look for in your partner but doesn't have thus is the person you would mpst likely cheat on. This is in an emotional manner I mean, not someone you find online and bang the brains out of that isn't your partner.

7. Wyrm

Wyrm ~Setting Sail~

I see where you're coming from. However, wouldn't one prefer the majority of preferred qualities instead of the minority that's missing? I wouldn't think anybody with a sliver of sensible brains would greatly risk 80% of what they want for the other 20%, even if it were more significant.

Perhaps I'm mistakenly mixing logic with foolishness. Again.

8. Accelgor X

Accelgor X Well-Known Member

Well I'm forever alone anyway, but if my hypothetical gf cheated on me I would definitely break up with her :L

9. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

No, it's not forgiveable.

It's not hard to end a relationship and THEN go see somebody else, but the fact some people have the nerve to see somebody whilst in the relationship is ridiculous.

Here's a little quote for people who DO cheat:

"If you ever cheat on a partner with somebody else and don't know who to choose, go for the second person, because you wouldn't have cheated in the first place if you truly loved the first person".

10. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

It's like you being with a girlfriend that ALMOST has that complete package except say.... You wish she were more adventurous. Then you stumble upon a girl who is adventurous and drives you crazy... that can turn into cheating and then that void you had is bottled up and you start caring for 2 people now. One more than the other but still you are happy.

But in no way am I saying is this right. I'm just saying that this is a theory that explains the possibility of cheating...

11. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

If you truly cared for one of them, you wouldn't hurt them or betray them I'd say.

12. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Very true... But sometimes one isn't happy with just one...

"2 heads are better than 1" they always say...

13. GhostAnime

That doesn't change my statement.

You either care for their feelings or you don't.

14. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

You do, but usually you want those feeling returned...

15. フェージングのエコー

フェージングのエコー The Boss of ur Boss

N-O-If you like someone, you shouldn't cheat on them-pick one or the other...
    >:G

16. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Wow you seem passionate about this. Personal experience?

17. GhostAnime

That doesn't relate to what you said when you mention wanting that extra 20% (which I honestly wouldn't risk for myself).

18. フェージングのエコー

フェージングのエコー The Boss of ur Boss

No-Not really, I just can imagine things like this happing to me.

19. pkmnfn

pkmnfn DW Breeder

I don't respect people who cheat. It doesn't seem right...

but from an evolutionary standpoint, polygamy is a good trait... kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

20. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Meaning people have a lot of love to give, a lot of passion to give and they feel they should give it to more than 1 person. And so they do, because they want that love/passion returned to them, be it one person, be it multiple... It's a psychological issue with reason behind it.