• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Relationships: Is cheating forgivable?

Never ever cheat in a relationship: even if you are getting tired of it. be honest, that is my philosophy.

I would not forgive anyone who cheats. I mean, ethic dictate us right? Unless you're religion accepts polygamy, there would be in no way, that cheating is a good idea, Nuh-uh.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I'm sure lying and betraying someone is showing all the love you can give.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I'm sure lying and betraying someone is showing all the love you can give.

You ever watch the Maury show? People take lie detector tests to prove their faithful, but then it turns out that's a lie, the person cheat with 10 men/women over 50 times. But still they'll be all "baby I love you."

Nyter

Island Challenger
You ever watch the Maury show? People take lie detector tests to prove their faithful, but then it turns out that's a lie, the person cheat with 10 men/women over 50 times. But still they'll be all "baby I love you."

Exactly... sometimes someone's love can be broken.
Nonetheless it is still love.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Those people are lying.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Never ever! If you plan to cheat then break up with the person that is your freaking partner .

PkmnTrainerJ

No, it's not forgiveable. Fortunately it's never happened to me.

One of my wife's friends relationships had started to become a bit stale and awkward with her boyfriend, and she was interested in someone else, but didn't act on it. Whereas the boyfriend cheated on her, and considered them even after that.

I don't think anyone would consider that even. They're not together anymore, FYI.

I think that cheating itself is not the best option, but sometimes its the only way to get out true feelings (like lack of love/sexual interest). It should be a wake up call to both people to move on from each other and find what they're looking for.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Honestly, I'd rather see cheating on a significant other judged by the standards of the couple themselves, not those of the society they live in. Some people are mutually involved in what they call "open relationships" for a reason, you know? It's worse not because maybe one person bedded with someone who wasn't their spouse, but because it's usually a breach of trust outside those situations.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Honestly, I'd rather see cheating on a significant other judged by the standards of the couple themselves, not those of the society they live in. Some people are mutually involved in what they call "open relationships" for a reason, you know? It's worse not because maybe one person bedded with someone who wasn't their spouse, but because it's usually a breach of trust outside those situations.

yeah and then there's Chlamydia!

POEtoxx

Its kinda sad to say that you almost need to fill out paper work to figure out what kind of relationship your in with your partner. No one really thinks to say "Hay I want an OPEN relationship" or "I want a committed partner" when they first meet. Defining your relationship with your new partner should be a priority when dating but new people to the dating circuit don't realize they should and most often they are the ones that have cheating issues.

Being cheated on sucks. It really destroys the foundations of trust you have for your partner.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Its kinda sad to say that you almost need to fill out paper work to figure out what kind of relationship your in with your partner. No one really thinks to say "Hay I want an OPEN relationship" or "I want a committed partner" when they first meet. Defining your relationship with your new partner should be a priority when dating but new people to the dating circuit don't realize they should and most often they are the ones that have cheating issues.

Being cheated on sucks. It really destroys the foundations of trust you have for your partner.

Yeah, but even though communication is one of the most important parts of a relationship, it often doesn't happen enough between couples. I can understand being nervous to bring it up, but you might as well just get the ground rules clearly established before you do something stupid and cross a line you weren't sure about to begin with.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

If two people are in an open relationship, then sleeping with another person isn't cheating to begin with.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
I think that cheating itself is not the best option, but sometimes its the only way to get out true feelings (like lack of love/sexual interest). It should be a wake up call to both people to move on from each other and find what they're looking for.

seriously? you should get out your true feelings by cheating on your partner? WTH happened to opening your mouth & saying "honey, i'm not happy in this relationship, here's what's going on with me"? <-this convo has to go waaaaaay better than the "honey, i slept with 5 other people because i was trying to figure out what i wanted" convo...